a new hope leia!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Red, Keep Boussh if you have the Jabba set-up. She will look good as a bounty hunter, but this seems to be the more iconic Leia. Just my .02.

This is great news, after a drought without pre-orders, I am really looking forward to this ANH Leia! The sculpt looks perfect, so thanks Andy! I'll be keeping Boussh, though, and if they were made for the original Kenner line and Sideshow makes 'em for their line, count me in! I can't wait to recreate the cardback from the eighties with this kind of quality toys!

Seretur said:
That's at least easy. We got the regular ANH Leia and the ceremony ANH Luke as convention exclusives, so it stands to reason that Sideshow will offer the medal ceremony ANH Leia and the regular farmboy ANH Luke as non-convention figures later on.

With Han somewhere in there, too.

AND CHEWIE AND THE DROIDS AND GENERAL DODONNA AND THAT REBEL GUY WITH THE FUNKY MOUSTACHE TOO.

I could see them possibly doing this for SDCC.

I am keeping Boussh Leia to add as a bounty hunter to the Jabba set up. I plan to put the GG Slave Liea in the scene so Boussh will have the helmet on and be a bounty hunter.

dr2red said:
I am completely confused.
I had decided not to buy any more
1/6ths and only pfs. Now they throw
in Yavin Luke and New Hope Leia.
Damm them all to hell!!!!
What am I supposed to do now?
Should I cancel Leia Boussh, but she
fits in with the Jabba set. I really want
NHLeia.

Keep Boussh and display her with the helmet on (in your Jabba display)-- definitely buy the ANH Leia....

I love these 12" announcements!!!!! No obscure Endor troopers here...

I was this close (imagine that my finger and thumb are almost touching) to buying the PF of Leia as my first SW PF as she was the first action figure I bought (along with C3P0--- wasn't I cool? My brother had the forsight to grab Chewie and Luke) as I exited the theatre 30 years ago... The ANH Leia always had a special nostalgic place for me and seeing what the preview pic looks like I'm glad that I held off as it looks stunning!!! I can't imagine quitting the 12" line for solely PF's---not matter how perfect they might be-- they're only in one pose... I continually change how my 12" are posed (at the moment Qui Gon in poncho is hagglin' with Watto and Mace has his lightsaber extended under Hasbro's Jango--- "This party's over!"). I have no intention of cancelling Boussh--- I'll leave her helmet on and put her in the background of my Jabba display as I've already got a customized Leia (slave) sitting on the throne and I'm displaying's Luke entrance right before the Rancor pit---

Do I sound excited? You bet---- this newsletter was exactly what I was hoping for and I couldn't be happier!!!! This is why I collect!!!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

DarthNeil said:
I was this close (imagine that my finger and thumb are almost touching) to buying the PF of Leia as my first SW PF as she was the first action figure I bought (along with C3P0--- wasn't I cool? My brother had the forsight to grab Chewie and Luke) as I exited the theatre 30 years ago... The ANH Leia always had a special nostalgic place for me and seeing what the preview pic looks like I'm glad that I held off as it looks stunning!!! I can't imagine quitting the 12" line for solely PF's---not matter how perfect they might be-- they're only in one pose... I continually change how my 12" are posed (at the moment Qui Gon in poncho is hagglin' with Watto and Mace has his lightsaber extended under Hasbro's Jango--- "This party's over!"). I have no intention of cancelling Boussh--- I'll leave her helmet on and put her in the background of my Jabba display as I've already got a customized Leia (slave) sitting on the throne and I'm displaying's Luke entrance right before the Rancor pit---

Do I sound excited? You bet---- this newsletter was exactly what I was hoping for and I couldn't be happier!!!! This is why I collect!!!

:chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew :chew

I'm glad you're so excited Neil. Always glad to see the happy side of the board am I.

Leia looks great!
She'll be my second girlie purchase. Just one thought: is anybody else worried about the eyes? Looking off to one side is a bit limiting for posing purposes.

I'm keeping the Boushh Leia since thats probably the coolest version of her from ROTJ, except Slave but I have my doubts about seeing that one. Also as others have said she'll make a great bounty hunter addition to Jabba.

I am definately getting Leia. She looks awesome.

This is why 1:6 will always own PF: Way more choices. :chew

And for good measure:

LeiaBuns.jpg

This is why 1:6 will always own PF: Way more choices.

I like the figure, but I think PF flat out OWNS the "dollies". The 1/6 line is great and I really like it, but they can't hold a candle to a true display piece like a PF.

KitFisto said:
I like the figure, but I think PF flat out OWNS the "dollies". The 1/6 line is great and I really like it, but they can't hold a candle to a true display piece like a PF.

When you can get your PF Han to sit down with your PF greedo in a cantina pose, then we'll talk about what owns what. :rolleyes:

he he :lol ;)

pixletwin said:
When you can get your PF Han to sit down with your PF greedo in a cantina pose, then we'll talk about what owns what. :rolleyes:

he he :lol ;)

Well, if I actually wanted to play with them instead of having a classy display piece I might worry about that. :lol :D

KitFisto said:
Well, if I actually wanted to play with them instead of having a classy display piece I might worry about that. :lol :D
He didn't say if you wanted to make them share a cup of tea--- Han and Greedo shown in the pivotal moment when HAN SHOT FIRST and then you want to pose the next week Han leaving the cantina and Greedo stopping him with a blaster pointed squarely in his chest----- you can do that as much as the spirit moves you with the 12" line... I'm constantly rearranging (not playing!!!) with them each week... The only set-up I haven't touched in a while is Jabba's... but then the only thing that changes there is the addition of new material.

PF's look amazing---- but frozen in time in one pose. 12" allow you to pose them with who and how you want to.

PF are really a beautiful pond... 12" are a flowing river...

How's that for going Buddhist on ya?

Eat fo:emperor rce lightnin' !!!

DarthNeil said:
He didn't say if you wanted to make them share a cup of tea--- Han and Greedo shown in the pivotal moment when HAN SHOT FIRST and then you want to pose the next week Han leaving the cantina and Greedo stopping him with a blaster pointed squarely in his chest----- you can do that as much as the spirit moves you with the 12" line... I'm constantly rearranging (not playing!!!) with them each week... The only set-up I haven't touched in a while is Jabba's... but then the only thing that changes there is the addition of new material.

PF's look amazing---- but frozen in time in one pose. 12" allow you to pose them with who and how you want to.

PF are really a beautiful pond... 12" are a flowing river...

How's that for going Buddhist on ya?

Eat fo:emperor rce lightnin' !!!

Sorry, PF's still own the "dollies" IMO. I don't change the poses on my 12" once I find a pose I like on them.

Didn't Greedo shoot first? I thought... :monkey3

And there's absolutely NO need to compare apples and oranges. PFs are amazing and unique, 12" are cool and versatile.

May they both live and prosper.

(Then again, the Dioramas are the most unique SW collectibles ever!)

pixletwin said:
I like my dollies. I play with my dollies.

Dam-gnit!!! I am not ashamed!!!!! :blissy

Nor should you be. I like mine too! Just not as much as my PF's.:D

KitFisto said:
Nor should you be. I like mine too! Just not as much as my PF's.:D

I mean sure, your PF's are better for causing blunt trauma to an intruder--- but can they raise their hands in a futile attempt to put off getting shot? I don't think so...

Hmmmm-- what was my point again?

Back