A New Hope Han!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not too concerned about the vest (because honestly I never looked that closely at it) but the shirt is the wrong color. There should be some yellow to it. Also the sleeves will need to be shorter because as I've said before, it's basically the same shirt Bill wore at the end of Kill Bill Vol. 2

The shirt might look more white in a photo because its right next to the black vest. That just conjecture though.

If I had my choice of the shirt coming in wrong and being white or coming in wrong and looking too dark, tan, biege or even yellow, then I'd rather err with the white.

I think doing anything subtle is really hard.

The shirt might look more white in a photo because its right next to the black vest. That just conjecture though.

If I had my choice of the shirt coming in wrong and being white or coming in wrong and looking too dark, tan, biege or even yellow, then I'd rather err with the white.

This is true, and also if I want it more of that yellow color a tea bath could do it. What I am most concerned about is getting the details right like the double pronged belt and the LOOSE fitting gunslinger belt. It was way too tight on Bespin Han and barely fit. It should hang down below his trouser belt and hang loosely.

Don't feed the troll.

It's interesting to see people just posting in this thread without reading it - many cogent arguements have been made which the negative nellies don't bother to address.

I would just say - all of you who don't see Ford in the sculpt - don't participate in the PPO so us "glass half fullers" can grab it without any delays.

Yes indeed. A little more slack in the belt would be great. I kinda doubt that will happen though. Its one of those things that is subtle, and probably, looks wrong to the normal factory person.

I wouldn't be surprised if halfway through the production process someone who didn't know any better tells the factory workers to sinch that belt up.

Dave, completely agree.

Prog, I dunno. The gunslinger belt is such a part of Solo that I can't imagine SS getting it wrong. Maybe its someone at LFL or indeed a factory worker. I know I complained last time though so maybe they listened for this time.

Wor_Gar had a really nice and easy way to stretch Bespin Han's belt that worked really nicely on my Han.

Don't feed the troll.

It's interesting to see people just posting in this thread without reading it - many cogent arguements have been made which the negative nellies don't bother to address.

I would just say - all of you who don't see Ford in the sculpt - don't participate in the PPO so us "glass half fullers" can grab it without any delays.

I kind of see almost the opposite. There have been relatively little chicken little comments.

Like you said, don't feed the trolls, and outside the normal trolls I really have seen relatively few negative posts that haven't had honest reasoning behind them.

Out of curiosity, what negative points of view have been brought forward and subsequently overruled that you think need further addressing from the nellies?

I hope they make little changes like that, especially avoiding the high-rise pants and all. In Episode IV it seems his outfit was, as a whole, rather tight fitting, even a tad too small. I'm not worried about the thickness of the shirt though--yeah it seems thick, but at actual scale it would be very thin, and shouldn't be a problem. Also, I'm not a fan of the stretched-out picture because it's unnecessary. The reason the face appears round, besides the very flat photo angle, is because Trevor (genius that he is) got the hair just right--it falls over his forehead and is pretty messy in Ep. IV, so while the face looks wide, it's actually caused by the amount of forehead you can't see; if you could brush back his little plastic-do you'd see his face is precisely proportioned. I'm sure once we have some sideway pictures it'll be pretty clear. I totally trust Trevor's work on this one.

Exactly, I think this color, which isn't pure white, will be fine and safe for us, and with anything, easier to go darker for customizers, if it came out too dark, you're pretty screwed at that point.

I kind of see almost the opposite. There have been relatively little chicken little comments.

Like you said, don't feed the trolls, and outside the normal trolls I really have seen relatively few negative posts that haven't had honest reasoning behind them.

Out of curiosity, what negative points of view have been brought forward and subsequently overruled that you think need further addressing from the nellies?

I think Dave is referring to the overwhelming hyperbole with which these naysayers post comments.

Hmm didn't think todays posts outside of Collector Freak (what else is new) and 1 or 2 others were all that absurd.

Even RS is pretty positive this time.

Looks pretty white to me. I'm not willing to soak mine in tea or whatever. Homey don't play that. just fix it before i pay mah moneys

Tea thing is easy, but anyone does it, make sure its VERY VERY diluted for this one because you aren't really going for a tan. You just want the ever so slight hint of color.

I actually don't care about the color of the shirt; white or off-white it doesn't make much difference to me. My main concern is that it fit right, which fortunately shouldn't be too hard for this outfit. All in all I'm very pleased--the sculpt is dead-on, which is fantastic, and I'm sure the costume will be great. I'm very excited for this one.

Man, Sideshow sure has been on a winning streak lately--the entire ANH line up is turning out to be solid gold (maybe not Yavin Luke, but I didn't think he was that bad). It seems they're really tightening the reins on this series, cause man, the 12" line is taking huge strides forward in the best possible ways!

To be honest Yavin Luke is one of my faves (once it felt the touch of the Master). I really like this Han. I am getting prety excited to see some more pics.

I gotta say this is no where in the Yavin Luke camp. Even with the talented brushstroke of Les, Yavin Luke is still a horrid sculpt IMHO. Its easily the worst out of all the SW offerings, This Han I have a feeling has been stretched out and will look a 1000 times better come ordering day. This Han is leaps and bounds better looking that Bespin and I just hope that when Mat does the Tatooine Luke we get a job that is on par with the Bespin Luke.

Back