A GREAT Interpretation of Snake Eyes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: This IS the Definitive Snake Eyes

Like Sideshow's version it's got way too much gear and accessories. SE don't need all that felgercarb.

Would anyone like to see this rendition? This is the one I had as a kid, so it has always been a favorite.

secard.jpg

I had that one. It was a pretty cool figure. If I recall correctly from the comic that outfit was put together from the costumes of three assassins sent to kill him.

Great job on customizing the figure. I love how alot of you can do it and make the figures look like they came off a production line.

A few hours ago:

Wife (walking by and seeing me on the computer): "What are you talking about?"

Me: "How the GI Joe action figure line evolved over the years."

Wife: "Why do I even ask?" :rolleyes:

:lol

A few hours ago:

:rock

(Yeah, I remember those very same conversations :monkey1 )

A few hours ago:

Me: Is my dinner done yet?

back on track a little.
allways hated the original design. it's neet, but a little too generic SAS for my tastes. I've always preferred the knights visor, and allways will. it seems more, iconic to me.

But the '82 filecard never uses the term "Ninja" anywhere does it? And Hama didn't introduce the martial arts element to Snake-Eyes' character at all until Issue #21 of the comics (the legendary "Silent Interlude") and that was in 1984, 2 years after RAH debuted.

not actually true...

there were lots of allusions to snake eyes ninja past before that...

such as in issue 10 with the brain wave scanner where we see flashbacks to his ninja training and he uses his ninja training to appear dead...

or issue 12 where they revisit some of the same topics...

not actually true...

there were lots of allusions to snake eyes ninja past before that...

such as in issue 10 with the brain wave scanner where we see flashbacks to his ninja training and he uses his ninja training to appear dead...

or issue 12 where they revisit some of the same topics...

Technically, although we know what they were implying by the flashback, there's still no mention of the word "ninja" or "ninjitsu." But again, this is irrelevant because the man is not a ninja, he's a commando trained in ninjitsu. :lol

Technically, although we know what they were implying by the flashback, there's still no mention of the word "ninja" or "ninjitsu." But again, this is irrelevant because the man is not a ninja, he's a commando trained in ninjitsu. :lol

actually they show a picture of a ninja... which is theoretically a thousand times more than just the word :rotfl

and although he was a recon soldier before he was a ninja... he was a ninja before he was really a commando....

actually they show a picture of a ninja... which is theoretically a thousand times more than just the word :rotfl

and although he was a recon soldier before he was a ninja... he was a ninja before he was really a commando....

From what I remember (and I stopped collecting both comic and figures before the Ninja Force garbage), he was just a dude trained in the art. I have a buddy who's a blackbelt in ninjitsu. Suffice to say, he ain't a ninja. :lol I look at it as a skill set added to an already complex repertoire vs. him running around roof tops in black pajamas and throwing smoke bombs.

Snake Eyes a ninja is about as believable as Chuck Norris. :lol

787474463_a1b05ad8b9_o.jpg

That figure turned out cool, I like it, but I do agree it is a bit over-geared-up for the original Snake-Eyes. SE was alot simplier back then & I liked that about the character. You just knew he could get out of any bad situation just by using his physical prowess based on years of training/discipline, amazing intellect & his uzi. I like alot of the SE customs I see these days but most end up looking more like Solid Snake joined SWAT.

Looking back on my experiences with the Joes, I do think the '82 Joes were really the best. We all know that the Military has to have some type of basic uniform to it. The '82 Joes managed to capture the feel of being "on the same team" while still managing to let their individuality & specialties shine through. It was probably just luck that it happened like that since we all know the real reason was costs & Hasbro just re-used the same parts over & over to make different characters.

I loved a ton of the Joes after '82 and I'm glad they made them but you could very easily recreate the Village People with Joe figures after '82 with no problem. The flamboyant look of some of the later Joes and some of the outrageous sets like the eco warriors, space brigade & Ninja Force definitely made me lose interest in Gi Joe for quite a while.

Anybody else remember when they tried to make Rocky Balboa into a Joe? :rotfl

Anybody else remember when they tried to make Rocky Balboa into a Joe? :rotfl

"YO ADRI... er, uh... I's like meanin' ta say... YO JOE!"

rocky.jpg

Back