A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No joke. Everybody was b****in about Bane when the PO was announced and the majority have done a 180 and are saying things like "Figure of the Year" and are buying at least 2 (or more) of him.

You ain't kidding.

That thread is crazy, like you said. You look at the first couple of pages and everyone is ripping the hell out of it "worst figure ever". Then you look at the last couple of pages, and it's like you said, "OHHHHH MAN, SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD, BEST THEY'VE DONE".

And I think the only thing that changed between the proto and in hand pics was the scar on the neck and back being added and the little droplets on the broken cowl. How it went from "awful" to "great" is baffling. I just don't get it.

I bet in a few months they're all over the For Sale section. :lol

Welcome MrBlaze!!! Welcome to the addiction! :D

Episode Six of The Hottoycast is now up chaps!!

On this weeks show we are joined by Sideshow Collectables Manager, Brant Bridges for an extensive interview and discussion on everything high-end collectables with fascinating insights into everything from the process to getting actor approvals and many a tantalizing titbit!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-hottoycast/id571814459

Hot-Toycast-Ep6-logo.jpg

You ain't kidding.

That thread is crazy, like you said. You look at the first couple of pages and everyone is ripping the hell out of it "worst figure ever". Then you look at the last couple of pages, and it's like you said, "OHHHHH MAN, SOOOOOOOOOO GOOOD, BEST THEY'VE DONE".

And I think the only thing that changed between the proto and in hand pics was the scar on the neck and back being added and the little droplets on the broken cowl. How it went from "awful" to "great" is baffling. I just don't get it.

I bet in a few months they're all over the For Sale section. :lol

I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, Fabio.:lecture:wink1:

Batman collectors are nuckin futs. They demand exact 1:1 accuracy. If something is slightly not perfect they ***** like 2 year olds.

It's a great figure. I had the MMS and upgraded to this and the level of change is amazing.

As for Pre-Ordering, OSB are the best for prices and delivery times, but you have to pay a non-refundabke deposit. Forbidden planet is slow the last time i shopped ith them.

My advice: don't fall into the pit of buying everything the company puts out. Figures are sweeter when they're ones you want for the character and not surrounded by tons of others.

There's that trademark charisma Nova! Way to smear most of the forum base out there. :rotfl

Batman rocks, Batman collectors rock, and there's few things out there as cool as a killer Batman collection.

Hello everyone!!

Joined the forum today and I'm keen to learn from all you guys about my new expensive hobby!

I got my first HT figure for my bday from my gf, I think shes slightly regretting what she's started! Anyway she bought me Batman DX12, I've already been told its not been well received by collectors but I think he's brilliant! All he needs is a new companion to keep him company so I'm already looking at Joker 2.0 for my next HT figure!

Can any UK based collectors give me some advice on best place to pre order him online? Also I hear there is an exclusive version, will this be available in the UK from a specific retailer? Any ideas on a release date? My local Forbidden Planet says end of March, but their website says 30th April.

Thanks everyone!

One Sixth Bruce is pretty good for you guys I hear. Best of luck with your newfound obsession!

Batman collectors are nuckin futs. They demand exact 1:1 accuracy. If something is slightly not perfect they ***** like 2 year olds.

It's a great figure. I had the MMS and upgraded to this and the level of change is amazing.

As for Pre-Ordering, OSB are the best for prices and delivery times, but you have to pay a non-refundabke deposit. Forbidden planet is slow the last time i shopped ith them.

My advice: don't fall into the pit of buying everything the company puts out. Figures are sweeter when they're ones you want for the character and not surrounded by tons of others.

Thanks for the advice! OSB? One Sixth Bruce? Joker is sold out there :gah: Looks I'll be pre ordering from FP unless you can recommend somewhere else? MMS? On the base the figure stands on it says MMS DX12 does that mean I have the MMS version? I plan to just collect Batman stuff, but I bet that's what you guys all said at first, saying that I'm already eyeing up Ironman!

Thanks for the advice! OSB? One Sixth Bruce? Joker is sold out there :gah: Looks I'll be pre ordering from FP unless you can recommend somewhere else? MMS? On the base the figure stands on it says MMS DX12 does that mean I have the MMS version? I plan to just collect Batman stuff, but I bet that's what you guys all said at first, saying that I'm already eyeing up Ironman!

Try Modelzone.co.uk. They are good! :)

Try Modelzone.co.uk. They are good! :)

30th April on FP website and 15th May on ModelZone!! :(

Are these really the dates we can expect in the UK!? Or does that mean FP Will get it sooner than Model Zone?

Last i heard, Forbidden Planet are not so good. They like to take orders without guaranteed stock and some dudes have been left wanting.

Maybe they have changed recently?!

Last i heard, Forbidden Planet are not so good. They like to take orders without guaranteed stock and some dudes have been left wanting.

Maybe they have changed recently?!

Ok so a big no on FP then! Im actually thinking of getting Bane next, as it seems Joker wont be here in the UK anytime soon! Is he a DX/MMS?

My best buddy is has gigs all around Asia next week. He will be in Tokyo, Bejing, Seol and I think Shang Hi.

Is there anything out over there that I could ask him to get me?

Such a pity the Exclusive BD Mark VII isn't out!

I got sucked into Hot Toys with the Rocky and Rambo line years ago. I picked up all of the Stallone figures and love them to this day. Still no body troubles either. Prices were far better in those days. But outside of the sculpt, which are measurably better today, I'm becoming less engaged because there doesn't seem to be any limit to the ceiling on pricing. They jazz up the packaging, but the figures remain mostly the same. My biggest disappointment was the first issue of Captain America. The suit was stitched so tight, I couldn't raise the arms to give him the poses I was looking for. And everything on him seem to be glued with an adhesive that really didn't work too well. So I had to fix a number of issues with that one. I picked up the Keaton Batman, but had to get a replacement cowl after his eyes went bad straight out of the box. Hot Toys was great on the service, so no problems there. But it was just the fact that I'm now facing production issues after paying big money for supposed "quality". My last purchase was the DKR DX release from last year. Liked it but didn't care for any of the mouth pieces, so I invested in Robbie's custom mouth piece which absolutely made the figure work. That's been a nice figure.

But quality or character interpretation does enter into the equation now. So I'm being ultra selective on anything I get. Right now I'm waiting to see if they will bring out the '66 Batman line. That and I'm hoping for some updates on the Rocky line as well. Even Rambo. Of course pricing will continue to play a role. I'm all for getting away from the OTT packaging, because these things have to be stored and spacing can become a big hassle when they get more grand with the package than they do the product. When I decide I want a figure, I use the payment plan to lessen the pocket shock. Plus I like the service they offer. Would rather go through Hot Toys than a Ebay dealer. Too many issues on the production line to take that chance and get stuck with a defective figure and be out all that money.

I like Hot Toys. But they've jumped alot in pricing in just the past two years on their premiere figures. So I'm less enthusiastic since I'm not seeing the trade off with the product so much as the packaging of it. I collect alot of vintage lines from my era - Megos, AT Joes, Captain Action, and a blue million other pop culture artifacts. So Hot Toys plays a minority role if you measure by sheer volume in my collection. But they do count where I have them. I would invest more in the company if their pricing wasn't so crazy. But with the market opening up to so many more licenses in the 1/6th and 1/9th scale figures (and the sculpting getting so much better on the opposite price scale), I'm finding it much easier to give HT product a pass. It's just a matter of value. I can add so much more for the same money with other product. And while they have great sculpts, that is not the game changer it was a few years back. The competition has taken notice and are adapting. Just my two cents.

Yeah, prices are getting higher and higher in a very short time it seems. You figure it would level out for a period of time before the prices started to rise again. I paid $227 plus shipping for the 89 Batman last year. I'm curious to see what the Returns Batman will be when that comes out. Of course they may add a Wayne sculpt so that will be the excuse to sell it for $270 plus.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

Not baught from china in a while any other good dealers around now apart from

Loontentoys and guobei11

Back