A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An alternative to ujiffy's question - do you feel a desire to buy two of your favorites just because they are such great figures? i.e. '89 Batman or DX Sparrow or Reeve Superman.

An alternative to ujiffy's question - do you feel a desire to buy two of your favorites just because they are such great figures? i.e. '89 Batman or DX Sparrow or Reeve Superman.

With premium prices I would baulk at buying the same action figure twice for the collection (designer urban vinyl might occasionally justify it but that's different)..and imho, even a v2.0 figure would very much need something that obviously differentiates it from the 'vanilla' version for me to consider it..HT fixing teh 'pink pants' issue, would also work for a v2.0

..then again ..*considers an HT 1:4 Iron Man range*... YES! :rock

I'm always stunned when I see people buying the same figure twice because they want slightly different looks ie Jack Sparrow with jacket/hat on or off

People can do whatever they want with their dollars but I always wonder why, if you're willing to spend more, you wouldn't want another different figure instead....

I'm always stunned when I see people buying the same figure twice because they want slightly different looks ie Jack Sparrow with jacket/hat on or off

People can do whatever they want with their dollars but I always wonder why, if you're willing to spend more, you wouldn't want another different figure instead....

Fair point.. although since my last post, I remembered I have four of Toy Biz's super articulated, 18in Spiderman figures :lol
One each BNIB, of the differently posed releases.. then two unboxed.. one in 'Air Guitar' pose and one in 'Buddha Meditation' pose.. gotta love that figure!
:yess:

Well this is why I emailed SS to ask about this.

Seems odd to make this claim but yet expect us to pay an exta 50 or 60 quid because of costumes.

I am a freelance illustrator so money can be very erratic for me but luckily I have been able to score most of my HT via art trades and what not.

I've also given up buying all other figures and stuff aside from Masters of the Universe Classics.
I'm selling stuff left right and center.
Stuff that to me now seems cheap, nasty and childish by comparason.

What about you guys? what's yer schtoory!! :D

I am also very New to HT and this board. I've Collected miniatures and 1/12 scale for eons, since i was a child in fact. so I have amassed an enormous amount of smaller figures.

But having moved through these collections looking at higher and higher quality pieces I've noticed that I have very little interest in my old figures now.

So I'm selling all the ones I can do without and having great success, this has allowed me to rapidly build up a starting HT and 3A collection.

So one collection morphing into another. I'm hesitant to start in on Sideshow's star wars collecting because I'm afraid I'd go bonkers trying to catch up whats out now. so for the moment, i'm focusing on 3A figures and HT Marvel figures.

well that post is a few years old now so I am not really 'new' to Hot Toys anymore but yes, I find the older you get, you require stuff that is more finely made! :)

I agree with this completely. Again, people can do whatever they like with their collections of course. For me it seems to be terribly wasteful to spend $150+ just to get a different accessory or different hat or whatever, I don't need 8 Batman's and 7 Ironman's
they're the same figures just slight differences. So for me I just think, pick the one I like best and get that.

Having said that, what about the times where you get the latest greatest figure, only to have a superior version come out later? The Batman figures are perfect examples. Tons of batman figures to many if you ask me, and I am lucky that I got in just before the newest batman DX12 was released so I only have the one, I have the best as I see it and no need for anymore batman figures.

As always collect whatever and however ya want *shrug*

Hello everyone!!

Joined the forum today and I'm keen to learn from all you guys about my new expensive hobby!

I got my first HT figure for my bday from my gf, I think shes slightly regretting what she's started! Anyway she bought me Batman DX12, I've already been told its not been well received by collectors but I think he's brilliant! All he needs is a new companion to keep him company so I'm already looking at Joker 2.0 for my next HT figure!

Can any UK based collectors give me some advice on best place to pre order him online? Also I hear there is an exclusive version, will this be available in the UK from a specific retailer? Any ideas on a release date? My local Forbidden Planet says end of March, but their website says 30th April.

Thanks everyone!

Hello everyone!!

Joined the forum today and I'm keen to learn from all you guys about my new expensive hobby!

I got my first HT figure for my bday from my gf, I think shes slightly regretting what she's started! Anyway she bought me Batman DX12, I've already been told its not been well received by collectors but I think he's brilliant! All he needs is a new companion to keep him company so I'm already looking at Joker 2.0 for my next HT figure!

Can any UK based collectors give me some advice on best place to pre order him online? Also I hear there is an exclusive version, will this be available in the UK from a specific retailer? Any ideas on a release date? My local Forbidden Planet says end of March, but their website says 30th April.

Thanks everyone!

Batman collectors are nuckin futs. They demand exact 1:1 accuracy. If something is slightly not perfect they ***** like 2 year olds.

It's a great figure. I had the MMS and upgraded to this and the level of change is amazing.

As for Pre-Ordering, OSB are the best for prices and delivery times, but you have to pay a non-refundabke deposit. Forbidden planet is slow the last time i shopped ith them.

My advice: don't fall into the pit of buying everything the company puts out. Figures are sweeter when they're ones you want for the character and not surrounded by tons of others.

I'm a Batman collector. Am I nuckin futs?

raylan.gif

SnakeDoc

No joke. Everybody was b****in about Bane when the PO was announced and the majority have done a 180 and are saying things like "Figure of the Year" and are buying at least 2 (or more) of him.

No joke. Everybody was b****in about Bane when the PO was announced and the majority have done a 180 and are saying things like "Figure of the Year" and are buying at least 2 (or more) of him.

Do you mean the 'DX Bane' calls have died down?

DX Bane :lol:rotfl:lol

Back