A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Proof people, proof. A few people with problems doesn't prove anything. I would like to see more than one photo of various Hot Toys figures falling apart and crumbling away. The DX Batman did have some issues with the suit leaking baby oil, but not all of them, and as for the rest . . . there are no photos or verifiable patterns of any problems of the rubber degrading. Even if a few people come forward with reports and PHOTOS of damaged parts, that still doesn't mean it has anything to do with the rubber Hot Toys have used or manufacturing process. Who really knows what sort of conditions people expose their figures to. HT makes a few thousand of each figure, and we would have HUNDRED, if not THOUSANDS of reports and PHOTOS flooding in about these problems with figures. You would have to be stupid to believe that these figures are going to fall apart on you because a few people are say it will. Don't worry about it.

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Proof ignorance is bliss. :lol

:slapHot Toys would be out of business quicker than you could blink if it was something that effected the majority of it's customers. I guess Sideshow is part of your grand conspiracy as well. Just for the record, how many Hot Toys figures do you own with any rubber deterioration issues?

:slapHot Toys would be out of business quicker than you could blink if it was something that effected the majority of it's customers. I guess Sideshow is part of your grand conspiracy as well. Just for the record, how many Hot Toys figures do you own with any rubber deterioration issues?

Nope. Because they always have the poll squatting fanboys who tie their HT underoos around their boners and wave them in joy pretending the company's infallible. :huh

And I don't understand your question. I don't buy multiples of the same figure. Owned the DX02 and returned that when the leaking started. Passed on Comedian because they weren't going to make anymore. Canceled Thor when issues with the Comedian arose but will gladly pick up Thor in a year or so if it turns out he's leak free.

No problems for you then. :panic: And stop saying "poll squatting", it's not manly! Talk like that makes Sgt, Slaughter MAD! :lol

sergeant-slaughter.jpg

I currently own 8 HT figures ...4 from 2009 and 4 from 2010... I dont want to buy more than 4 on 2011 but I think it will be inevitable. :slap

BTW what figures do you own?

WTF! I posted this on march and now I own 21 HT figures! somebody help me! :panic:

Canceled Thor when issues with the Comedian arose but will gladly pick up Thor in a year or so if it turns out he's leak free.
Thor will be leak free.... however his pleather sleeves might degrade..
Which then you can go sleeveless as he does in Avengers.

This verision of Thor will be rare (as not many were produced) in a year, unless people are dumping theirs for the new Avergers' Thor which HT will likely produce (of course you may prefer Avenger's one too)

Last edited:
WTF! I posted this on march and now I own 21 HT figures! somebody help me! :panic:

:horror My friend, I think it's a fine line between a collector and an obsessive guy... Right now you seems to be mentally normal!

But, imagine if they release a better version of these 21 HT figures...(I am sure you are going own, at least, 42 HT figures)!:wink1:

:horror My friend, I think it's a fine line between a collector and an obsessive guy... Right now you seems to be mentally normal!

But, imagine if they release a better version of these 21 HT figures...(I am sure you are going own, at least, 42 HT figures)!:wink1:

LOL Im screwed...with Luke DX, Batman 89 DX, Joker 89 DX, Indy DX, Sparrow DX, Spiderman,Superman 78, Avatar, Baby Doll, Batman/Wayne...X-Men first Class, Star Wars, Green Lantern licenses....... the Avengers, Dark Knight Rises movies coming next year, etc etc. I have come to the conclusion that I wont be able to let these pass. :dunno I just gotta find a way to earn more money to justify my buys. :lecture

Last edited:
So what does everyone think about HT's recent dramatic increase in pricing that now exceeds Medicom levels?

When they price them to the point no one can afford them anymore, I believe their company is going to be in trouble.

Then we’re either going to see some huge sales going on, or some going out of Business news.

So what does everyone think about HT's recent dramatic increase in pricing that now exceeds Medicom levels?

Over a year ago, you could see the $200+ increase coming. I personally think its a joke and WAY too expesive. Look at the quality of figure that a company like DID puts out. They have amazing sculpts, lotta gear, and the clothing is as good as HT, yet theyre nowhere near the $200 mark. I know peeps will say well its the licensing, but to price a figure at $100 more than DID just for the licensing?

BUT as long as peeps pay,and i willl not, they will continue to raise the prices.

i was one of the original hot toys supporters when they started, but now unfortunately i have to stop supporting them because they are no longer affordable. over $200 is ridiculous for an action figure.

And to add to the discussion. . . Has anyone noticed since HT has been raping us with the price Sideshow has started giving free domestic shipping.

I wonder if the two occurrences are connected.

And to add to the discussion. . . Has anyone noticed since HT has been raping us with the price Sideshow has started giving free domestic shipping.

I wonder if the two occurrences are connected.

Sucks that only benefits Americans , the rest of us ain't got nothing like that to soften the blow of the price increase.

Over a year ago, you could see the $200+ increase coming. I personally think its a joke and WAY too expensive.

I agree. The prices are over inflated and increasing $20 - $30 every 6 - 9 mos. At this rate, the standard figure will hit $200 and non standard will be $250+ by this time next year. :cuckoo:

Everyone has a limit ($160 - 170) is close but routinely spending $200+ on a toy is goofy IMO.

Back