A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exact same thing happened to my hot toys hellboy and abe ..say how much would an abe be worth on ebay with a broken leg ..i gotta sell abe, t600 , and edward scissorhands asap.

Dunno mate, but it's pretty easy to glue back together, and you can't, the knee joints are easy to swap from other figures, pick up a cheap body on ebay that someone's parting out and replace it.

You'd still have to mention it in the ad when you sell it, but I think this is a pretty common problem with HT coloured bodies (the colloured plastic seems to be more brittle?) so if you replace with a new knee buyer shouldn't mind too much.

Cheers
Colin

Exact same thing happened to Abe :banghead

Abeleg1.jpg

and I suspect Batmans knee has gone too, but I don't fancy trying to remove the rubber suit to see.:monkey2

Now where did I put that superglue...?

That kind of break happened with my V1 batman. Bit of superglue and it was right as rain. Wont put it in any extreme poses just incase it breaks again (but batman looks best stood there intimidating the crap out of everyone).

I just pulled the lower leg out and gently rolled up the suit and glued it back no trouble. :chew

That sucks Darthgothikus. But it sounds like you can sort it out.

Oh man! I hope my Dutch hasn't done that. He leg is very loose right now.
I've only had him 2 months! :(

That sucks Darthgothikus. But it sounds like you can sort it out.

Oh man! I hope my Dutch hasn't done that. He leg is very loose right now.
I've only had him 2 months! :(

If you can push it left and right a bit without resistence... then its probably buggered :lol

Just pop the boot and knife off and roll his trouser leg up

Abeleg1.jpg

Now where did I put that superglue...?

The exact same thing happened to me today to my Bank Robber Joker. I put the knee back in place and put some tape over it to make it more sturdy. I feared that using superglue would make the whole joint unmoveable... Not that it's moveable now... :(

The exact same thing happened to me today to my Bank Robber Joker. I put the knee back in place and put some tape over it to make it more sturdy. I feared that using superglue would make the whole joint unmoveable... Not that it's moveable now... :(

When the left knee on my Batman did that and I superglued it, it was fine and still has same amount of articulation. I just dont want to put it in too extreme a pose incase it breaks again and I'm left with an eventual build up of super glue crap. It has taken a tumble or two since repaired and hasnt broke again though

As long as you apply a small amount on the area where it snapped, apply pressure and hold it in place while the glue sets, I also kept moving the lower leg while it set. Just to make sure the joint would stick. Barely took a drop of superglue to achieve it

So far the glues worked fine on both Abe & HB.

Both figures have movment in the joint, and seems to be holding poses well.

Remains to be seen how long they will last!

Just bugs me that they break so easy, I'm really careful with my figures, and sometimes they seem to just disintigrate without any force.

Now don't get me started on RAH bodies, that's for another time and another thread...

When the left knee on my Batman did that and I superglued it, it was fine and still has same amount of articulation. I just dont want to put it in too extreme a pose incase it breaks again and I'm left with an eventual build up of super glue crap. It has taken a tumble or two since repaired and hasnt broke again though

As long as you apply a small amount on the area where it snapped, apply pressure and hold it in place while the glue sets, I also kept moving the lower leg while it set. Just to make sure the joint would stick. Barely took a drop of superglue to achieve it

So far the glues worked fine on both Abe & HB.

Both figures have movment in the joint, and seems to be holding poses well.

Remains to be seen how long they will last!

Just bugs me that they break so easy, I'm really careful with my figures, and sometimes they seem to just disintigrate without any force.

Now don't get me started on RAH bodies, that's for another time and another thread...

So the movement remains in the joint even when glued? Well, I'm gonna try out the superglue thing tomorrow then!! If it wont work I can use my scotch-tape system as a plan B :lol

Thanks guys!! :rock :duff

Since im new to the Hot Toys buzz.....any tips on avoiding the breakage of knee joints and what nots......

It worked for me. Hope it does for you also. Just dont over do the glue
pic1127.jpg

superglue.gif

:lol :lol :lol I'll try not to...

Since im new to the Hot Toys buzz.....any tips on avoiding the breakage of knee joints and what nots......

That's a good question... I've been collecting HT for about a year now and I always have been very careful with these figures. I have no idea what caused the kneejoint to break actually... :huh
I wasn't even touching it at the time...

My best guess is that every now and then there's a figure in the batch that is a bit brittle or something... :huh

Come to think of it... both knees on my BR Joker have always been a bit loose... My Marcus Wright stands a lot sturdier in comparison...

I just wanna know when HT is gonna get an official forum. Cause honestly i'm not interested in SS EXCEPT FOR THE ODD SW FIGURE. It's just that this place is the only place to really talk about HT.

I just wanna know when HT is gonna get an official forum. Cause honestly i'm not interested in SS EXCEPT FOR THE ODD SW FIGURE. It's just that this place is the only place to really talk about HT.

I'm with you on this, I'd love a HT forum.

So who'd buy a HT figure of Michael Douglas in Falling Down? His office outfit with briefcase, sportsbag, guns etc.

That would be very interesting. They would have to improve on the scale of their clothes for it to work. And the head sculpt would have to be perfect.

Back