A General Chat about Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a chance that I may relocate to California and this is a big concern of mine. And lands slides and bush fires!

as some who's live in Cali all his life, I think you'll be alright. despite recent news, most quakes you don't even feel. But no matter where you live, you can't hide from mother nature and her will, so you might as well do it in Cali, home to the hottest babes, coolest cons, best weather, and well - me :hi5:

Does anybody know if at last year's Tokyo Toy Fair Hot Toys revealed new products? I'm curious if that's what they are waiting for to show off some highly anticipated products like Avatar, Reeves Superman and stuff from Terminator 1 & 2. I think last year they revealed the S.T.A.R.S. RE5 Figures and the Mars Attacks line.

There is a chance that I may relocate to California and this is a big concern of mine. And lands slides and bush fires!

Lived in Cal 12 years. Felt 1 minor 1 major quake, no land slides, no brush fires. Went to 5 SDCC's, and generally got a great tan. I lived in San Francisco, San Diego, and LA. I loved it. Always something to do.

Old Grandpa

Ya but hey at least you will get to go to all the conventions:) ..and all the other cool stuff we cant do over here.:mad: Ireland especially..

One of the reason I left Ireland was because th ekinad work I wanted just wasn't there and most of what I do is pop culture/entertainment kinda stuff.

as some who's live in Cali all his life, I think you'll be alright. despite recent news, most quakes you don't even feel. But no matter where you live, you can't hide from mother nature and her will, so you might as well do it in Cali, home to the hottest babes, coolest cons, best weather, and well - me :hi5:

:hi5:

Ok! Well yeah there is that.
Aside from the kinda work I do for a living, I surf and I snowboard so Cali is a no brainer.

And lets not forgot the biggest issue! No not the Visa! The shipping of the Hot Toys!! Big big concern there!!

Aside from the kinda work I do for a living, I surf and I snowboard so Cali is a no brainer.

Well you can't beat CA if surfing and boarding are your thing (mine too). I surf pretty much every morning, and in the winter get up to Tahoe about every two weeks or so to go snowboarding. The key choice will be deciding between Southern and Northern CA - I grew up south but live in north. Socal gets the better weather and Echo Base Toys, while Norcal gets the bigger swell and more ski resorts (but fewer cool figure stores).

Btw, I've always wanted to check out the tasty point breaks in Ireland.

Well you can't beat CA if surfing and boarding are your thing (mine too). I surf pretty much every morning, and in the winter get up to Tahoe about every two weeks or so to go snowboarding. The key choice will be deciding between Southern and Northern CA - I grew up south but live in north. Socal gets the better weather and Echo Base Toys, while Norcal gets the bigger swell and more ski resorts (but fewer cool figure stores).

Btw, I've always wanted to check out the tasty point breaks in Ireland.

oooohhh that sounds too perfect!!! Ireland has some awesome breaks on the west coast but it's very very cold outside of summer!

Does the California heat effect your Hot Toys at all?

Thats one of the things that worries me..the effect of heat and sunlight on figures ..i recently moved my display to the other side of the room ..it looks much better and my bed no longer blocks off one of the cabinets as it did the way it was b4 ..but now my collection faces my window and when the blind is fully lifted my whole collection is within range of the daylight, i have the blind pulled down most of the time now due to fear 4 my figures.

I haven't had any problems nor have heard of local friend collectors who've had problems with heat. But then again, my Hot Toys are in a room where there's no sunlight coming in and with stable temperature. I guess you just have to take care of them and you'll be fine.

oooohhh that sounds too perfect!!! Ireland has some awesome breaks on the west coast but it's very very cold outside of summer!

California is a big state, and the weather/temps runs the whole range. I live up in the Bay Area on the coast, so temps are significantly cooler (and water temps are cold too - probably similar to Ireland). Southern California is warmer, but then again I grew up on the coast. in both Southrn and Northern CA, inland temps get pretty hot, but it's dry so you don't have the moisture and mold issues on your figures that our bretheren in Asia may have to endure. Houses in CA are fairly well built and insulated though, so they tend to stay cooler inside. I've never had any issues due to weather or temps, but I do take the precaution of securing my display cases in case of earthquakes (not a big deal - i think protecting my figures is the only earthquake prevention of any kind that i do!).

One last tip, people in CA don't say "Cali" - at least not the natives and long time residents - I only hear when I'm out of state or from visitors. :)

So do I. It hasn't been too bad this summer though, did it ever reach 100? If so, I didn't feel it.

I just want to share with you a reply i got to a comment i made on a yotube video recently.

Me:Ya medicom are not a patch on hot toys 4 realism but there mgs3 and dragonball z figs are stunning, "enterbay" are a fantastic company and i can see them being a real contender against hot toys ..they just need to pick up the right licenses, do u like the series prison break? enterbay will be releasing that line soon and judging from the pics so far imo its beat even most all of hot toys recent figures in terms of head-sculpts and paint apps ..there sculptors are seriously seriously talented!

Reply:sideshows star wars collection is the best so far in my opinion

I always value others opinions but ..:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl wtf!?

Last edited:
I just want to share with you a reply i got to a comment i made on a yotube video recently.

Me:Ya medicom are not a patch on hot toys 4 realism but there mgs3 and dragonball z figs are stunning, "enterbay" are a fantastic company and i can see them being a real contender against hot toys ..they just need to pick up the right licenses, do u like the series prison break? enterbay will be releasing that line soon and judging from the pics so far imo its beat even most all of hot toys recent figures in terms of head-sculpts and paint apps ..there sculptors are seriously seriously talented!

Reply:sideshows star wars collection is the best so far in my opinion

I always value others opinions but ..:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl wtf!?

I guess some folks can't help but give an opinion.
Doesn't matter what that opinion is but they just need to be heard.

I guess some folks can't help but give an opinion.
Doesn't matter what that opinion is but they just need to be heard.

I guess he must be a bigger star war fan the he is a fan of good quality action figures.

What do you think the DX 04'll be.I'm really hoping Reeve.

I'm actually hoping for a DX Jack Sparrow. I have missed all the other versions and this could give them pretty much the perfect chance to do the ultimate first trilogy Jack, before starting with the new film.
If they announce in the next 2-3 months or so, it might be available to customers around the time the new film hits, which creates extra interest.

On an unrelated note... I saw The A-Team film last Saturday and I definitely wouldn't mind HT making them! :rock :lol

What do you think the DX 04'll be.I'm really hoping Reeve.

If it is either Reeve or T-1000 then I would get it. But at the same time, the longer they take to announce those two (even as regular MMS) the longer I have to save up.

I'm actually hoping for a DX Jack Sparrow. I have missed all the other versions and this could give them pretty much the perfect chance to do the ultimate first trilogy Jack, before starting with the new film.
If they announce in the next 2-3 months or so, it might be available to customers around the time the new film hits, which creates extra interest.

They've yet to announce they have the licence for any of the other films haven't they? Or does the licence which they currently have cover the entire franchise?

If they did another Jack I would prefer it to be from "The Curse of the Black Pearl" because I didn't really enjoy the sequals and found them pretty annoying. Even then I don't know how badly I would wan't it.

If they did another Sparrow as a DX, what would you want included?

Back