A different kind of body comparison.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dedguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
I wanted to show the relative poseability of the variety of bodies I currently have. I'm sure a lot of this has been said but in my personal opinion I would rate them as such:

(feel free to skip the small text)

1-6-bodies.jpg

1. Tie: ACE/Hot Toys
Each have their own merits and weaknesses. The Hot Toys body has an excellent sleek physic which is good for most figures. The shoulder have a great range of natural movement but are far too ball shaped and under skin tight outfits (such as a wetsuit) don't look so great. The Hot Toys body by far has the best ankle poseability which is key for deep "action" stances. The ACE body has amazing shoulders and a great "buff" physique and is capable of shoulder posing no other body is. The torso is also capable of deep poses the Hot Toys torso is not. Unfortuantly the ankles aren't quiet up to snuff with Hot Toys and they buff body while great for variety isn't that compatible with a wide range of clothing/accessories.

2. BBI G3
Good articulation but is hurt by a sort of high schoolers understanding of anatomy in it's exaggerated comic book musculature. Actually very similar to the Hot Toys body in a lot of ways but in addition to the off musculature also just doesn't feel as solid.

3. BBI G1
Despite the weird anatomy this body actually looks good under most clothes and while it can't really get into any crazy poses it does do natural poses pretty well due to the great mid-torso articulation.

4. Dragon
Looks good just standing there, can't do much more than that without looking odd due to the lack of neck articulation. I like to think of the Dragon body as the Sideshow body but not crap.

5. DiD
This just barely edges out Sideshow's body due to better shoulder/torso articulation and the ability to actually stand naturally.

6. Sideshow Buck
While the new Prometheus body looks great, this body is by far the bottom of the heap when it comes to 1/6 scale male bodies. It can't even look natural just standing there unless it's under 8 layers of robes. You can't even get the arms to lay flat against the torso.

Great comparison and I can recognize the bodies as I'm familiar with most of them but some numbers added to the picture might help.

Great review!

Last edited:
It really is a shame BBI gave the 3.5 such a massive build because it's a great body otherwise.

Great chart, you got all the big ones in there. It is a great way to compare the bodies and it also shows, at least in my opinion, that there is always room for improvement from every company.

Yeah, I'm not in the habbit of undressing my figures so I have no idea which is which.

Okay, from left to right: BBI G1, DiD (back row), ACE, Dragon (back row), Hot Toys (back row), BBI G3.5, Sideshow. Hope that helps. I missing a Barracks Sergeant, Medicom, and the Volks Neo Guy. I think that's all I'm missing anyway. I have a Takara body, it's just all armored up at the moment and I really didn't feel like undressing it. Most of these where convenient as I just got most of them and they where already nude.

This is the closest I ever got the Takara to nude, I was scared to death of breaking the ankle cups so I didn't want to remove the boots to remove the pants.
jin-roh01.png

the thing i hate the most about the buck is that i cant get a good "drawn bow" pose for LOTR figures with those ^^^^ty arms. that is the # one reason why i cant stand the buck.

Is it me ? But I thought the title implied you were comparing different kinds of naked women ! What a complete let down. :monkey4:monkey2:monkey4

Is it me ? But I thought the title implied you were comparing different kinds of naked women ! What a complete let down. :monkey4:monkey2:monkey4

I would do that but I only have two kinds of 1/6 nudes... unless you where talking real naked women... which in that case I don't want to get banned.

More to come. Both more nude bodies in a crouch (BBI G3.5, BBI G1, and Hot Toys) as well as more clothed figures in a crouch. You can see just looking at the difference in the Takara body clothed and unclothed what a difference that makes in restricting the articulation.

ACE MK1
crouch-ace-01.jpg

crouch-ace-02.jpg

Takara
crouch-takara-01.jpg

crouch-takara-02.jpg

crouch-takara-03.jpg

crouch-takara-04.jpg

Sideshow Buck
crouch-sideshow-01.jpg

crouch-sideshow-02.jpg

DiD
crouch-did-01.jpg

crouch-did-02.jpg

And just because you rarely ever see it, the Takar body just standing nude:
takara-nude.jpg

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to show us these comparisons dedguy. Nice pics too. There are certainly some giraffe necks and odd sized heads there, and as far as crouching goes, they all look close to each other so far. Looking forward to you posting pics of the other bodies.

ace body looks the best out of the lot. im curious though, can the ACE body take a HT type balljoint neck/ neck adaper?

Yup, actually the head on that ACE body is a BBI G3.5 head/neck. I also think the ACE looks the best of the lot. Not only does it have the most realistic muscle sculpting and proportions but it also seems to be able to get into the most realistic natural poses. While yes, they can all get into a decent crouch they all look awkward, even the Takara body, except the ACE.

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to show us these comparisons dedguy. Nice pics too. There are certainly some giraffe necks and odd sized heads there, and as far as crouching goes, they all look close to each other so far. Looking forward to you posting pics of the other bodies.

Well the long neck is actually a good thing in my opinion. When you start layering clothing on a figure a normal length neck when the figure is nude starts to look real stumpy and short. Even if it's just a single shirt.

Yup, actually the head on that ACE body is a BBI G3.5 head/neck. I also think the ACE looks the best of the lot. Not only does it have the most realistic muscle sculpting and proportions but it also seems to be able to get into the most realistic natural poses. While yes, they can all get into a decent crouch they all look awkward, even the Takara body, except the ACE.

Thats great, im gonna buy one off ebay today then, for a snake bash i have in mind.. their hand look like they take BBI hands as well. and yeah, the shoulders and proportions are the best part.:peace

Thanks for posting this up matey, As I bash most of my figures it can be difficult sometimes to find a natural pose.

Thats great, im gonna buy one off ebay today then, for a snake bash i have in mind.. their hand look like they take BBI hands as well. and yeah, the shoulders and proportions are the best part.:peace

Yeah the wrist posts are the same as a BBI G3.5. They are a bit bulky though, bulkier than even the G3.5.

I think the pegs are too long, but the BBI G1 hands work okay on the G3.5. Could just be I'm not jamming them in there hard enough.

I wanted to show the relative poseability of the variety of bodies I currently have. I'm sure a lot of this has been said but in my personal opinion I would rate them as such:

(feel free to skip the small text)

1-6-bodies.jpg

1. Tie: ACE/Hot Toys
Each have their own merits and weaknesses. The Hot Toys body has an excellent sleek physic which is good for most figures. The shoulder have a great range of natural movement but are far too ball shaped and under skin tight outfits (such as a wetsuit) don't look so great. The Hot Toys body by far has the best ankle poseability which is key for deep "action" stances. The ACE body has amazing shoulders and a great "buff" physique and is capable of shoulder posing no other body is. The torso is also capable of deep poses the Hot Toys torso is not. Unfortuantly the ankles aren't quiet up to snuff with Hot Toys and they buff body while great for variety isn't that compatible with a wide range of clothing/accessories.

2. BBI G3
Good articulation but is hurt by a sort of high schoolers understanding of anatomy in it's exaggerated comic book musculature. Actually very similar to the Hot Toys body in a lot of ways but in addition to the off musculature also just doesn't feel as solid.

3. BBI G1
Despite the weird anatomy this body actually looks good under most clothes and while it can't really get into any crazy poses it does do natural poses pretty well due to the great mid-torso articulation.

4. Dragon
Looks good just standing there, can't do much more than that without looking odd due to the lack of neck articulation. I like to think of the Dragon body as the Sideshow body but not crap.

5. DiD
This just barely edges out Sideshow's body due to better shoulder/torso articulation and the ability to actually stand naturally.

6. Sideshow Buck
While the new Prometheus body looks great, this body is by far the bottom of the heap when it comes to 1/6 scale male bodies. It can't even look natural just standing there unless it's under 8 layers of robes. You can't even get the arms to lay flat against the torso.

Hi!
This is my personal ranking:
1/hottoys true-type is the best body by far!! awesome range of movement,tons of articulation and looks much more natural compare with the other bodys.
2/ACE body is pretty similar to the hottoys but I preffer the second because the hips joints are much better
3/The BBI G3,5 body has tons and very good range of articulation but looks a bit "bulky"due to his "super pectorals"
4/The medicom body is very complex,looks pretty natural,has a very good range of movement and articulations despite the weird shoulder articulation
last place:sideshow buck;WORST BODY EVER!!!
:banghead

Back