[8-bit paint & figure commissions]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] JOKER • MACREADY • WALTER WHITE • JASON • PENGUIN • PAMELA

Just finished going back through your amazing thread and im just gobsmacked david :horror loving them all mate.

heya vic :) thanks for stopping by and sharing some kind words. i really appreciate it :)

Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] JOKER • MACREADY • WALTER WHITE • JASON • PENGUIN • PAMELA

skin tone matched to provided DX11 hand

sculpt: MAJESTIC XII

Last edited:

Wow David, Penguin and Jason are off the chart. Even Jason's mask is bloody good. It's such a treat to see your work. :wave

Pm sent

replied :)

BTW, i've been sort of snowed in until recently, so i haven't had a chance to get to the post office. i'mhoping to rectify that tomorrow for people waiting on tracking numbers :)

That Penguin might be the best custom I've seen in terms of outfit, paint and sculpt. So jealous of the owner.

:thud::thud::thud:

all hail the mighty 8bit!!!

lol - thanks buddy - i'm glad you like the way it turned out :)

That Penguin might be the best custom I've seen in terms of outfit, paint and sculpt. So jealous of the owner.

i appreciate the kind words :) was happy to be a part of the finished piece :) wish i had more opportunities to paint, weather & assemble full figures for people - it's a lot easier to insure something totally cohesive that way.

here's another spaulding - probably the last one i'll be painting i hope :)

I've got a Road Warrior unpainted kit with complete outfit (from Scott Pettersen) coming up that might be in need of a decent weathering job ;)

I've got a Road Warrior unpainted kit with complete outfit (from Scott Pettersen) coming up that might be in need of a decent weathering job ;)

sent you a PM :) let me know plz :)

early WIP - 55%

full repaint plus additional weathering

this is my snake plissken figure - i love the movie but wasn't happy with the look of the factory figure. the head didn't match the tone of body so i stippled some basic color on the flesh of the body to make it look less like a single solid color of rubber. also not entirely happy with the orange (warm) color of the body which forced me to match with the head - i'd rather have gone for a paler palette like he looks in the movie. however, i don't want to switch out bodies and open up that can of worms plus i don't want to base coat the rubber of the body and risk abrasion.

wondering if it's just me, but this body is really difficult to pose naturally plus i keep poking myself with the boot spikes which hurt o_O

been messing with this in between waiting for things to dry on commission projects which are my priority…lots of irons in the fire.

Last edited:

a lot of this detail is just summed up in-hand - the 'green dots' read as skin mottling and dirt which was my intention as i like the look of it better as it reads more gritty.

Last edited:
Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] JASON • PENGUIN • PAMELA • SPAULDING • SNAKE PLISSKEN

fantastic! also really enjoy seeing the work in progress - keep up the good work!

Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] JASON • PENGUIN • PAMELA • SPAULDING • SNAKE PLISSKEN

Snake looks great... I did a bit of retouching and weathering on mine. But after seeing how nice he can look I'm thinking a full repaint is needed now.

fantastic! also really enjoy seeing the work in progress - keep up the good work!

thanks much sean :)

Snake looks great... I did a bit of retouching and weathering on mine. But after seeing how nice he can look I'm thinking a full repaint is needed now.

thanks GB :) definitely go for it - i think you'll knock it out of the park - the likeness is there, buried underneath the factory paint :)

Great work on Snake. Makes mine look like it was made by Mattel.

Great work on Snake. Makes mine look like it was made by Mattel.

thanks man :) i felt the same way about my figure when i received it. i think something pretty respectable can come of the base parts with a repaint and some weathering - i'm still not a huge fan of the body or the coloring of the body however i tasked myself with using only the parts provided with no swap-outs or replacements.

fight club

sculpt: iminime

click thru for slightly larger pics

Last edited:
Back