[8-bit paint & figure commissions]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] JASON • PENGUIN • PAMELA • SPAULDING • SNAKE PLISSKEN

Looks epic! Great work. :clap

Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] JASON • PENGUIN • PAMELA • SPAULDING • SNAKE PLISSKEN

Thanks David exstreamly happy with that [emoji122][emoji5]️

I regret selling it to you now! :lol

I thank you for selling it to me [emoji4]

This came at a great time as I've just ordered this [emoji2]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425845462.847459.jpg

Looks epic! Great work. :clap

thanks buddy :) especially for affording me an opportunity to paint an iminime sculpt - i was always curious as i've never seen any before in person :)

Beautiful paint up on Tyler.
Looks great from all angles.

thanks croozer - plz bare with me while i sort through my backlog - i'd love to work with you in the future :) sorry for my belated response o_O

Thanks David exstreamly happy with that [emoji122][emoji5]️

fantastic! i'm so happy to hear that :) :) :)

I regret selling it to you now! :lol

I thank you for selling it to me [emoji4]

This came at a great time as I've just ordered this [emoji2]

View attachment 171303

that's gonna look fantastic - i've never seen the movie but i understand it's amazing. i'll have to check it out - i've combed through enough stills from it at this point ;)
___

here's one more for the road

Last edited:
Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] PENGUIN • PAMELA • SPAULDING • SNAKE PLISSKEN • FIGHT CLUB

You really brought that sculpt to life.

Re: [RIP Workshop | 8-bit] PENGUIN • PAMELA • SPAULDING • SNAKE PLISSKEN • FIGHT CLUB

sideshow snake plissken boots

did some weathering, customizing and detail work

Last edited:

i finally finished this :) escape from new york is one of my favorite movies of all time.

every part has been customized - either through painting, weathering, adding extra bits (studs on boots for example) or combinations thereof. it turned out better than expected but i ordered another figure for myself to try and push this a bit further sometime in the future when i get some free time. this one has been sold.

i hope you like it :)

Last edited:

Wow, just started going through this thread and am amazed at all the great work! Can I ask if these are painted by hand or by airbrush, and what kind of paint you use?

I really need to find myself a good skin-painting tutorial one of these days. There's lot of them out there, but none that really shows how to get these kind of results.

Wow, just started going through this thread and am amazed at all the great work! Can I ask if these are painted by hand or by airbrush, and what kind of paint you use?

I really need to find myself a good skin-painting tutorial one of these days. There's lot of them out there, but none that really shows how to get these kind of results.

heya davejames :)

thanks buddy :)

i use an airbrush for base coating, but i tend to do the rest by hand. i use paints from garage kits.us by life tone, but any acrylics work really. i use pre-thinned paints a lot because i'm lazy. i was clueless really until 2 or 3 years ago when i discovered a tutorial by Boot25 that really helped me get started - from there i just sort of experimented until i found what i liked to do most, though i believe the tutorial provides a strong foundation. i wish i knew where the Boot25 tutorial went - it appears and disappears, but surely somebody has a copy of it floating around. with this sort of painting, having a foundation in drawing (or better yet, painting) helps but isn't necessary i think, as you're really just over, under or simply emphasizing dimensionality - the form is already there in the sculpt :)

Last edited:

Great work on Tyler and Snake the whole figure is amazing now man. Keep killing it brother

heya davejames :)

thanks buddy :)

i use an airbrush for base coating, but i tend to do the rest by hand. i use paints from garage kits.us by life tone, but any acrylics work really. i use pre-thinned paints a lot because i'm lazy. i was clueless really until 2 or 3 years ago when i discovered a tutorial by Boot25 that really helped me get started - from there i just sort of experimented until i found what i liked to do most, though i believe the tutorial provides a strong foundation. i wish i knew where the Boot25 tutorial went - it appears and disappears, but surely somebody has a copy of it floating around. with this sort of painting, having a foundation in drawing (or better yet, painting) helps but isn't necessary i think, as you're really just over, under or simply emphasizing dimensionality - the form is already there in the sculpt :)

Cool thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out for that tutorial. I'm fairly okay with a simple, comic book style of painting (as you can kinda see here, I guess: DeviantArt: 403 Forbidden) but it's that layered, translucent skin thing I just can't seem to figure out yet.

But I guess it does just take some practice and experimenting. :)

Cool thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out for that tutorial. I'm fairly okay with a simple, comic book style of painting (as you can kinda see here, I guess: DeviantArt: 403 Forbidden) but it's that layered, translucent skin thing I just can't seem to figure out yet.

But I guess it does just take some practice and experimenting. :)

i would say thin layers of paint and really consider what liquitex has in the way of mediums :) widely available at michaels :) i hope that helps some :)

i'm almost finished - i know i'll fart around with it a bit more so i'll say 95% o_O

Back