78 Michael Myers suit?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverprelude627

Super Freak
Reaction score
does anyone know where I can get a 1/6 mechanic suit something that would work for a 78 Michael Myers custom?I purchased a really nice head sculpt but have no clue as to where I can get an accurate suit.

This is the best coveralls to use , but only yellow and orange remain for colors . So you will have to dye them

Yellow - https://cgi.ebay.com/SATURDAY-TOYS-...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3cb509ab12

Orange - https://cgi.ebay.com/SATURDAY-TOYS-...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3cb509ab0a

Go with the orange ones. The yellow is less screen accurate because it is missing the front pockets by the chest.

I dealt with dying the orange ones for the Myers I made and it was one heck of a ride. Just a tip from someone who went through it, the trick for me was to first dye it the color you want that will make it brown. It is orange so whatever shade of blue, green, etc you use, the first attempt is going to come out brown. So what I did was after turning brown, I bleached it. Then it became a lighter tan colored brown. After that, the blue/green color took on the next dye job and bam you got the right color. You will have to paint the stitches afterwards though because they stay orange.

Hope this helps

How much did the sculpt cost you? Painted or unpainted?

im getting it for $100 painted with hair but only because i purchased a H281 FULL CUSTOM AT $365,i wanted the 78 full figure also buts its out of production now so i guess i'll just have to get the suit and make my own,anyone know where i can get the big kitchen knife in 1/6 scale?

how did you do the bleach process?

Just took some normal bleach and poored some in a little tupperware bowl. Then I put in the coveralls and let it sit there for about 20 minutes to a half hour. Then took it out and rinsed it off and let it dry over night. You won't see a difference right away but by the next morning the color was faded.

I use RIT dye and that brand also has a bleach as well. So you can buy that one if you do not already have some bleach in the house. Get yourself some latex gloves too so you don't make contact with the bleach directly on your skin when you are doing this.

I too have an Old 78 head coming and a H281 Full figure as well so I know exactly what your going through.

You will have to paint the stitches afterwards though because they stay orange.

Hope this helps

Nice tutorial. :) One question though, how did you manage to paint the stiches though without accidentally painting the rest of the suit? I know the stiches don't have to be a 100% color match, but I would assume it would be noticeable if you accidentally hit the suit with the paint your brush or whatever you used to paint the stiches.

Nice tutorial. :) One question though, how did you manage to paint the stiches though without accidentally painting the rest of the suit? I know the stiches don't have to be a 100% color match, but I would assume it would be noticeable if you accidentally hit the suit with the paint your brush or whatever you used to paint the stiches.

Try using a fine tipped fabric marker.

i dyed an Orange pair of saturday toys prison coveralls blue . thats all i used it navy blue rit dye . I dyed it about 4 times and i didn't have to paint the stitching at all . After the 3rd dye, the stitches were dyed

1. Get a bowl or flat container

2. Fill it with hot water (just enough to cover whatever you dying)

3. Add about a quarter of the bottle of RIT dye

4. Mix it around

5. Put the item in the dye (submerge it completely)

6. let sit for 10 - 20 minutes

7. take it out and let it drip for a bit over the bowl

8. take a paper plate and put a few paper towels on it

9. put dyed item on it and let air dry

10. REPEAT until satisfied :wave

what about his knife,can that be found anywhere?its hard to find something that's movie accurate,I'd like an extra one for me extra figure.

Try using a fine tipped fabric marker.

Actually that is what I used. The color blends nicely. Or you can use a small brush and do a wet wash over the stitches with the paint color being similar to the coveralls so it blends in.

i dyed an Orange pair of saturday toys prison coveralls blue . thats all i used it navy blue rit dye . I dyed it about 4 times and i didn't have to paint the stitching at all . After the 3rd dye, the stitches were dyed

1. Get a bowl or flat container

2. Fill it with hot water (just enough to cover whatever you dying)

3. Add about a quarter of the bottle of RIT dye

4. Mix it around

5. Put the item in the dye (submerge it completely)

6. let sit for 10 - 20 minutes

7. take it out and let it drip for a bit over the bowl

8. take a paper plate and put a few paper towels on it

9. put dyed item on it and let air dry

10. REPEAT until satisfied :wave

I didn't know this but I will try that next time. I was told by Silent Surfer at the time not to use the orange ones because of the problem of it not taking the blue color. Since the orange ones were the only option I had to use those and do what I described above. I would think once it turns brown it won't turn another color but I didn't even try it beyond that since Surfer said what he said. I will try your way in the future. There's nothing to lose because even if it stays brown the bleaching option is always there. :)

Here's a couple of pics of how mine came out. Spruce green is actually the accurate color for Myer's coveralls. I used a mix of denim blue and dark green dye.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

so when you repeat the dye process i assume you put a fresh dose of dye each time?

I can't speak for others but sometimes if I knew I was going to need to do it again or use it for something else, I held onto it for a bit. I kept it in a pot and just reheated it again on the stove. Technically they say to properly dye something, you should heat up the water a bit and let it simmer on a very low flame. Then you add a little salt and liquid laundry detergent to the mix.

just curious but is the sideshow Myers coveralls any good to use?I never seen one up close,just wondering if it would work just to avoid the dye process.

just curious but is the sideshow Myers coveralls any good to use?I never seen one up close,just wondering if it would work just to avoid the dye process.

To be honest, no. I have the SS Myers and it still is technically the wrong color. It is more of a grayish color then blue/green. It also looks more dollish and not as accurate as the Saturday Toys one. Now it would be easier to dye since the base is gray but even with the right color it doesn't look as good and is baggy.

Back