7 quotes that would have saved the Prequels

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8595825c5541ebfc881071c9c0866400.jpg

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Prequels don't exist to me any longer.

I dunno who that is but that's not Darth Vader. Who is that?

e6009f8d661b9a2745bce76657d23b8b.jpg

The sad thing is it almost feels like he didn't... anyone that can have Greedo shoot first or add that awful song and dance sequence to Jabba's palace is clearly out of touch with reality :duh

Yeah, Lucas should have realized that in pre-production. Or better, during the script writing phase. Or even better, when the very first idea for the prequels popped into his head.

That Yoda fight from part 2 (?) made me cringe. But then, about 90%+ of the prequels made me cringe--Jar Jar, frog people, monster that owned the junk shop, lame robots, guys constantly twirling light sabers like cheerleaders on crack for no reason, Boba Fett rip-off, "younglings," midichlorians, Senate debates, hating sand, acting across the board, dialog, plot, CGI, "humor," etc.

That Yoda fight from part 2 (?) made me cringe. But then, about 90%+ of the prequels made me cringe--Jar Jar, frog people, monster that owned the junk shop, lame robots, guys constantly twirling light sabers like cheerleaders on crack for no reason, Boba Fett rip-off, "younglings," midichlorians, Senate debates, hating sand, acting across the board, dialog, plot, CGI, "humor," etc.

I have a harder time coming up with a list of things I genuinely liked about the PT... :(

:exactly:
The Yoda fight was like a Tom and Jerry cartoon to me. There is nothing redeeming when these film makers use what could be cool technology to do lame things. You lose your audience when all sense of realism is gone from a scene (like the absurd gymnastics that render the Yoda fight cringeworthy except to 8 years olds), or when 80% of your film is ridiculous unrealistic GCI (and what's worse, you're hoping that all that GCI dazzles the audience into forgetting the script sucks).

Sean

I have a harder time coming up with a list of things I genuinely liked about the PT... :(
You know one thing that I did really like about the prequels was McGregor's Obi Wan. I think he did a great job of channeling Alec Guinness's character, considering that he had to work with so much garbage (including much of his dialog).

Off hand, I can't think of much else.

Back