7" Arkham Asylum Figues Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw, you mentioned me! And I do love boys with accents. I agree 100% that the hair looks like an afro from the front. But she does look pretty good standing next to Harley after all. They did the heights right. I prefer Harley being taller than Ivy but that only seemed to be the case with the animated ones. In the comic AND in Arkham Asylum Ivy was taller than Harley, and on those figures obviously Harley has platforms and Ivy is barefoot. I was afraid they might not measure up since Harley is scaled a little too big for Batman and Joker.

And cute little scenario, too. I'm ace at Harley's voice.

No problem. I like girls with accents too

Arleen Sorkin will not be voicing Harley in Arkham City, kinda stupid as the character was specifically wrote for her.

I've never heard that Harley Quinn was written specifically for Arleen Sorkin... is that actually true?
I know she was created specifically for the animated series and that she was originaly supposed to be just a one off appearence.

I guess Arleen Sorkin had her own good reasons not to return to the role in AC - but from what we've heard so far from Tara Strong she actually sounds pretty good. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt 'till we hear her properly anyway. She's a really good VA.
The only other VA to voice Harley that I'm aware of is the one from 'The Batman' animated show - but she was awful IMO.

Yep, Harley was designed after a jester costume that Arleen Sorkin wore in an episode of that soap opera she was on. I've never seen it but I believe it was a dream sequence. And she was a one-shot character, Bruce Timm was delighted when they got her to do the voice. Harley is VERY much Arleen Sorkin, she is blonde, ditzy, and spacey, exactly like Sorkin was known for. They even named her after her: "Harley-ARLEEn SorKIN-Quinn".

That is why I am so sad that she wouldn't return to the role. I was really under the impression she really liked the character and did it more for that than money.

Wow - cool, never knew that!
Well, hopefully Tara Strong will be great in the role and prove to be a worthy succesor to Arleen.

SDCC Arkham City Harley Quinn pics! :D she looks awesome!
People are saying that this is the Mattel DCUC version of her - but she does look virtually identical to the DCD one we saw a good while back to me.
You can clearly see ankle joints in these pics though so maybe it is a DCUC version? Strange how there's been no news of them doing other AC characters though.
They even gave her the exact same accessory as the DCD one - which is unusual since Mattel didn't give any accessories to the other AC figures.

(I've just had a quick comparison study of the DCD figure and this one - there are definite differences between them so this must be a new Mattel one)

mattel_joker_harley.jpg

100_7531.jpg

People are saying that this is the Mattel DCUC version of her - but she does look virtually identical to the DCD one we saw a good while back to me.
You can clearly see ankle joints in these pics though so maybe it is a DCUC version? Strange how there's been no news of them doing other AC characters though.
They even gave her the exact same accessory as the DCD one - which is unusual since Mattel didn't give any accessories to the other AC figures.

(I've just had a quick comparison study of the DCD figure and this one - there are definite differences between them so this must be a new Mattel one)

mattel_joker_harley.jpg

100_7531.jpg

looks nice for a 7" figure .

this is the mattel version just saw them posted on figures.com and it's looking better then dc unlimited's version

Where are the regular Arkham City DC Direct figures?

Are we only getting those DCUC versions?

I'm hoping we are still getting the new DC Direct Arkham City figures - and also still hoping we get to see them at some point during SDCC.
It would be the perfect time to show them off, surely?

Unless we have to wait until a year after the game's release like we did with the Asylum figures. :(

Seriously though, I have to imagine this is the most successful Batman line DC Direct has ever got their mits on.

^ Yeah I reckon so, the first series sold out faster than lightning! I imagine it would be very lucrative for them to continue making new waves of AC figures.
As for the first wave of AC we're expecting, I really really hope we don't have wait a stupidly long time for them. Surely the popularity of the AA figures has shown DCD they need to get on the AC figures quickly.
It is encouraging however that we've already seen the final Harley figure and final packaging - so maybe they are all ready to go on these?

That Harley is a LOT prettier than the DCD one.

I hope the final Harley DCD one is prettier than the prototype. She looked like a raccoon.

That Harley is a LOT prettier than the DCD one.

I hope the final Harley DCD one is prettier than the prototype. She looked like a raccoon.
The Mattel Harley definitely seems to have a more youthfull look about her, and seems to be slightly more slender all round.
Just a shame that the end product may come out quite 'toy-ish' looking since it will have the standard Mattel paint apps.
No doubt the DCD version will have the better paint apps of the two of them.
My one real hope at the moment is that the new DCD Harley will be shorter than the AA series 1 version we have. I love the nurse outfit look, but the height really bugs me...
This new Harley doesn't have the platforms so it's very promising so far that she'll be shorter.

Edit: Just been reading over at TNI, the DCD panel at SDCC just started, and seems like DCD are going to be carrying on as normal for the future - so plenty of action figures to come!
It also mentioned Arkham City figures and that they may reveal them later today if I read it correctly! :D fingers crossed!!

Last edited:
What do those Square Enix figs cost?

The Kai figures are $40 each brand new.

The Mattel Harley definitely seems to have a more youthfull look about her, and seems to be slightly more slender all round.
Just a shame that the end product may come out quite 'toy-ish' looking since it will have the standard Mattel paint apps.
No doubt the DCD version will have the better paint apps of the two of them.
My one real hope at the moment is that the new DCD Harley will be shorter than the AA series 1 version we have. I love the nurse outfit look, but the height really bugs me...
This new Harley doesn't have the platforms so it's very promising so far that she'll be shorter.

Edit: Just been reading over at TNI, the DCD panel at SDCC just started, and seems like DCD are going to be carrying on as normal for the future - so plenty of action figures to come!
It also mentioned Arkham City figures and that they may reveal them later today if I read it correctly! :D fingers crossed!!

She has high heels, in reality she would be just as tall as AA Harley. I thought that is kind of lame she has the exact same boots she had in the last one except the purple one is now black and they are high heels instead of platforms. What are the chances of finding those boots?

And I don't buy Mattel. I would only get the DCD version. I don't need a bunch of extra joints, I don't play with my toys.

Back