7" Arkham Asylum Figues Coming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^ Same here, my figures are for display only which is one reason I prefer DCD over Mattel. Also the fact that DCD sculpts are generaly a lot nicer and grittier than Mattels generic re-use sculpts.

So, does anyone know if DCD have finished showing off figures at SDCC now? Kinda bummed that we didn't get to see any new Arkham City figures from them yet.
Read some speculation that they may not show them because of the character line-up having un-announced characters in, but surely not all the characters in the first wave are un-announced, such as Batman who's pretty much a given.

^ Same here, my figures are for display only which is one reason I prefer DCD over Mattel. Also the fact that DCD sculpts are generaly a lot nicer and grittier than Mattels generic re-use sculpts.

So, does anyone know if DCD have finished showing off figures at SDCC now? Kinda bummed that we didn't get to see any new Arkham City figures from them yet.
Read some speculation that they may not show them because of the character line-up having un-announced characters in, but surely not all the characters in the first wave are un-announced, such as Batman who's pretty much a given.
I'm hoping for the Riddler in the first wave, and we haven't actually seen what he fully looks like yet. So it might be that. Or maybe they're not putting a Batman figure in the wave, and are instead putting Nightwing or someone in it.

I can't see them not putting Batman in the first wave really, and since we know Harley is in the first wave that leaves just 2 characters to reveal. My money would have been on Two-Face and Penguin for the rest of wave 1, but surely they would have been OK to show at SDCC.

I'd have thought Catwoman would be in the first wave, as well as Hugo Strange, since they were both revealed quite early on, but I agree that Two-Face is quite likely for the first wave.

We better get at least 3 waves for AC - seems likely considering the success of the two AA waves. But there seem to be so many characters in this game that all deserve a figure.

Yeah, definitely a lot of characters worthy of figures, and I really hope we get as close to all of them as possible!
It would have to be 3 waves to get close to them all, especially if they continue to do 4 figures per wave.
I think DCD wouldn't have a problem selling 3 waves worth of AC figures though, it's not like there'd be any dud waves, so many good characters to fill them with.

YES!! DC Direct Killer Croc figure coming!! :yess:

Seems like he's an 'Arkham City Series 1 Delux figure', bad news being that the card also says June 2012 as the release date :(
At least we're getting him though - I honestly thought DCD would never make him. Very good news indeed!

DSCN3689_resize.jpg

DSCN3691_resize.jpg

DSCN3694_resize.jpg

DSCF5142.jpg

DSCN3687_resize.jpg

DSCN3696_resize.jpg

Good news is though that 'Arkham City Series 1 regular figures' are due out in December 2011, so we'll get those before Killer Croc.
I can't read the card next to Harley that well, but I'm pretty sure it lists the figures in wave 1. I think the first 2 names are Robin, Harley Quinn. The other 2 I can't make out yet...

HOLY CRAP! Killer Croc looks AWESOME! I had pretty much given up o getting him.

Anyway I messed with the card a bit in photoshop to try and bring out the black text. To me it looks like it says Robin, Harley Quinn, Batmans (1) and Others but maybe you all will see something else.

card.jpg

Wish Bane would have looked as nice as Croc especially since Bane is bigger than him in the game.

Croc is definitely bigger than Bane in the game.
Also, if you read the game bios, they state that Bane is 6'8" when on venom and Croc is 11'. So the figure heights don't actualy seem that bad going by that.

2012 is definitely a long time to be waiting for him though, especialy since they have a finished version of him right there!
At least we'll be getting the regular sized figures before hiom to tide us over.

That they're going back to get Croc -- the only major villain they didn't get to in the first two AA series -- so long after AA, bodes well for getting a complete AC Rogues gallery.

June 2012 just for Series one?!

After this S.2 AA that was just released we now have an entire year to wait until the line picks back up? Man DC Direct sucks.

^ Yep, seems like we're going to get the regular Arkham City wave 1 at the end of this year, then Croc around June next year.
So glad they're making him - he looks great too! Glad they went with a general standing pose for him.
Gotta agree with you too SnakeDoc - this does bode well for us getting a full Arkham-verse rogues gallery :D

The pics of the Killer Crock just made me ____e myself a nice big Crock. when can we expect mattel's AC figures to hit the stores?

I should imagine we'll get Grundy now that they've shown the willingness to make Croc. Shame I have absolutely zero interest in the character (Grundy) though, but I'd still get him for completion's sake.
Titan Joker would look very cool as a figure, as would Titan henchmen.
At this stage though I'm more excited to find out who'll be in wave 1 of the regular figures - we know Harley is in. Also looks like Robin is in wave 1 now too. Presuming they put Batman in that wave aswell, I'm guessing it will be either Two-Face or Penguin.

So cool that they are doing Croc. The only other character I'd like from AA is a Gordon.

Back