41st Elite Corps Clone Trooper 1:6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up having to waitlist the exclusive. I am not satisfied with my preparedness since I came back in to doing PPOs.

At least I have the confidence that the waitlist will convert. That seems to be fairly common.

Since they already did the Utapau trooper with the 'wrong' helmet, I'd rather they didn't change it. Afterall these are clones, and of the three versions Sideshow has given us of the Phase II armour, they would look pretty daft displayed together if one had a different helmet shape to the other two. Just my preference anyway.

Agreed.

I also like the look of Sideshow's helmets more than the screen versions. I know that probably doesn't fare well with those who demand accuracy, but...

...I don't care. :r2d2line

I'm going to sound off firmly in the "I'm perfectly alright with the helmet" camp. :wave

And I've ordered two. Combine them with Mace Windu, and it's a perfect trifecta. :rock

Last edited:
Since they already did the Utapau trooper with the 'wrong' helmet, I'd rather they didn't change it. Afterall these are clones, and of the three versions Sideshow has given us of the Phase II armour, they would look pretty daft displayed together if one had a different helmet shape to the other two. Just my preference anyway.

I'm going to sound off firmly in the "I'm perfectly alright with the helmet" camp. :wave

I agree with you guys. I think the helmet is fine the way it is and tend to think it would look odd to change it at this point for standard clones. If they do decide to change it, I hope they only do it with the commanders like Cody, Gree, Bly, etc so it isn't quite as noticable. Considering how bad (IMHO) the original Utapau prototype was, I'm content with what we have now. I have my SS Shock & Medicom Shock side by side and to me the SS version is far superior.

Agreed.

I also like the look of Sideshow's helmets more than the screen versions. I know that probably doesn't fare well with those who demand accuracy, but...

...I don't care. :r2d2line

I agree with you guys. I think the helmet is fine the way it is and tend to think it would look odd to change it at this point for standard clones. If they do decide to change it, I hope they only do it with the commanders like Cody, Gree, Bly, etc so it isn't quite as noticable. Considering how bad (IMHO) the original Utapau prototype was, I'm content with what we have now. I have my SS Shock & Medicom Shock side by side and to me the SS version is far superior.

I am there as well. Most people who know about me know that I am not in to the whole "OH MY GOD...MAKE MY LUKE SKYWALKER LOOK JUST LIKE MARK HAMILL!!!" crap. A good representation of the character is critical, but that doesn't mean it has to be movie-perfect.

In fact...understanding the assembly-line-production method as I do, I know full well that expecting absolute perfection is ridiculous.

I just got on the Wait List for this one. I was so ready to avoid him, but the paint job and additional antenna won me over. He'll be my second clone. Now all I need is a 501st. And Cody. And Rex. And... It never ends!

From what I can tell, the only difference between the prototype and production helmet is the paint job.

Man, I really don't want to go down that road again and drag up this very heated debate, but if you look back through the Utapau clone threads you will see that they resculpted the whole bottom portion of the helmet when it was brought to their attention that mouth portion on the prototype had a beak-like appearance among other things they corrected. I did a quick search of one of the Utapau threads and found this post that gives a very detailed description of the inaccuracies in the prototype.
Okay, here's my breakdown...

First off, upon close study of the hi-res I noticed even a couple more thing, but those would really be ticky-tack... especially at this scale... so I left well enough alone. :lol

I think it's important to note (and this is key)... that none of these issues were present in the Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, or Medicom Clone helmets in this scale. Indeed, even the Hasbro 3.75" helmet were sculpted more accurately. So Sideshow definitely can and should do better here.

With that, here you go....

First, a pic of the Master Replicas helmet (produced directly from the original ILM elements):

clone_correct.jpg

Now, the Sideshow prototype with the incorrect areas noted:
ssc_clone_wrong_numbered.jpg

1. The bottom portion of the visor is far too thin. The black is not painted all the way down to the top of the frown, and it should be (they should be connected, actually). Even if it were painted in, however, it's too thin throwing off the look and shape of the visor itself.

2. The frown is too rigid (it should be more curved... see pic at top) and also too small. The gray/black paint scheme of the vents are also incorrect. Again, this is something all the other licensees got right.

3. The aerators are just wrong, wrong, wrong. Not only the wrong color, but the wrong shape and size. Also (and even more notable) the entire shape of the underside of the helmet is off. The aerators should sit against a flat backing within their "loops" (shaped almost like a sideways "p" or "q"). Here, they're just stuck inside portions of the helmet that jut out. This will especially affect the look of the helmet in profile, as well. Again, the aerators are off... but so is that whole underneath area (also something all the other licensees got right).

4. Mic area is the wrong size/shape. And the mic itself is inaccurate.

5. Chin area is "pinched" to a near beak-like look. It should be smooth and gradually fade toward each side (again, compare the reference pic and pretty much another other EP3 clone helmet out there).

6. Not a deal-breaker, but the top fin sits a bit too low and doesn't have the gradient flow into the top of the helmet like it should. It almost appears as if it were sculpted separately and then stuck on.

And here they are to compare, side-by-side (with Sideshow's without my color boxes and numbers):

ssc_clone_wrong.jpg

Again, one of the biggest qualms is not that Sideshow's is incorrect... it's that they didn't even nail it as much as Hasbro did on their little crappy 3.75 figures! And certainly not anywhere near as accurately as Master Replicas, Kotobukiya, Gentle Giant, Medicom, you name it.

Cool? :duff

And for comparison sake, here is a pic of the final production helmet.
2176_press05.jpg

i like SST's interpretation...

perhaps George can fix the helmet in the prequel trilogy special editions.

SS F'ed the helmet and made it look better, i can't say the same for their Stormtroopers/Sandtroopers though.

Yep, I really like the SSC version of the helmet on the Clone better then the screen version :monkey3, but yeah the stormies only look good from certain angles. I'll pic this fella up when Codi is goes up for order

Got my Shocktrooper tonight - absolutely love him. But, I am looking forward to the 41st Trooper way more than both Shocker and Utapau. Together, these three will look amazing. I'm hoping for a 501st in 2010.

Yep, I really like the SSC version of the helmet on the Clone better then the screen version :monkey3, but yeah the stormies only look good from certain angles. I'll pic this fella up when Codi is goes up for order

speaking of helmets, I'd really love a 1:1 Commander Cody helmet to go with the rest of my helmet collection. That is all:D

Got my Shocktrooper tonight - absolutely love him. But, I am looking forward to the 41st Trooper way more than both Shocker and Utapau. Together, these three will look amazing. I'm hoping for a Spec Ops Trooper in 2010.

Same here. That and the 5 main ROTS Commanders are musts.

We're gonna get Rex and probably others from the lame CLONE WARS first, though. :rolleyes:

Back