3DSHK Dark Knight Trilogy Hologram and figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aau10

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Any one seen this?

This is basically similar to the Ironman hologram. Would be a sweet ass display for batman. :clap

catalogue_M12_v01-1.jpg

Demo video

Ironman demo hologram

Ohhhhh....it's a display case that projects holograms on to your figure.

At first I thought it was just a box that generates a hologram OF a figure, like Tupac. I wouldn't like that at all. I need a three dimensional tangible object to interact with physically.

But seems cool for what it is, I guess.

These things are the future. Theyll be major expensive at first but like everything else theyll become more affordable for the average collector. Give it 6 to 10 years well all have one.

The idea of holograms being used is excellent, but, if I'm being honest, just from watching the video, it seems like the novelty of the Batman one would wear off after about five minutes. I don't know. I just feel like, at the end of the day, the figure should still be the focus, and when I see them projecting the Batsymbol and the Joker's face onto it, it just seems like there may as well be nothing there at all. In my mind, the thing Hot Toys did with Iron Man was fantastic, but I think that, with stuff like this, they should keep it simple. If we're talking Batman from The Dark Knight Rises, how about the sewer? Make it look like he's standing on the catwalk and use the hologram/projection stuff to make it look like water is trickling down his cowl/suit/etc.

Hell, I just think of Star Wars. Imagine Luke and Han on Hoth, with snow whipping around them, every which way, or a display with R2-D2, where the hologram projects the hologram of Leia as though it's coming from his eye. You could have "force ghosts" standing behind your Luke figure, Reeve Superman interacting with Brando's giant head, the Predator's laser sight actually aiming around the display case or any number of things. Like I said, though, I think the key is to make sure that the figure is always the focus, though. Otherwise, it comes across as incredibly gimmicky.

The idea of holograms being used is excellent, but, if I'm being honest, just from watching the video, it seems like the novelty of the Batman one would wear off after about five minutes. I don't know. I just feel like, at the end of the day, the figure should still be the focus, and when I see them projecting the Batsymbol and the Joker's face onto it, it just seems like there may as well be nothing there at all. In my mind, the thing Hot Toys did with Iron Man was fantastic, but I think that, with stuff like this, they should keep it simple. If we're talking Batman from The Dark Knight Rises, how about the sewer? Make it look like he's standing on the catwalk and use the hologram/projection stuff to make it look like water is trickling down his cowl/suit/etc.

Hell, I just think of Star Wars. Imagine Luke and Han on Hoth, with snow whipping around them, every which way, or a display with R2-D2, where the hologram projects the hologram of Leia as though it's coming from his eye. You could have "force ghosts" standing behind your Luke figure, Reeve Superman interacting with Brando's giant head, the Predator's laser sight actually aiming around the display case or any number of things. Like I said, though, I think the key is to make sure that the figure is always the focus, though. Otherwise, it comes across as incredibly gimmicky.

Totally agree with you. That video design for batman is a little too much. I would get sick of watching it after a few times.

However, the good thing about this is, you can download the animation on their website and play it via USB or HDMI. You can also custom make your videos if you are talented enough. The company said they have connected with many animators around the world and will upload and share new videos produced.

Check out this one for superman, its a little better IMO.

I guess thats not too bad of a price point but it really needs to have frontal lighting and side viewing angles like the iron man projector boxes in the HK display. Only being able to see the hologram from a direct front view limits and hinders how you need to display this huge box. Would be cool if you could stack them and make a detolf out of them.

I want some simple snow fall for the batman returns figure.
$384 is a bit much for a single figure display.

Would probably be worth it if HT actually did penguin and catwoman.

I think I would like it more if it was just the rain.

This is the rain effect you are looking for in their youtube channel 3Ds HK - YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HiYdLDpI6Y

I think the idea, 3DsHK is a tool for you to express your creativity, it just like a new drawing pen to everyone. Everyone can do their own hologram with simple animation software. I am new to Adobe After Effect, but it is not that difficult. There are already build in effect that everyone use to build their own hologram.

It is pretty cool to learn something new and try something new in your life.

Here is a 3DsHK Facebook Fan Club that people share their own animation.
https://www.facebook.com/3DSHKVidShare?fref=ts

Here is the Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/3dshongkong?fref=ts

I actually made a video of this case, its pretty cool and interesting concept.

Back