3DS Game Suggestions please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deckard

Super Freak
Reaction score
Lay 'em on me, I'm getting a 3ds tonight.

So far I've been told :

Zelda Ocarina
Mariokart
Starfox
Lego Pirates

So what else should I be gunning for?

Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Brothers 2
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Kingdom Hearts 3D is pretty good if you have played the other games.

Thanks guys, keep them coming, I'm going to wait til tommorow morning to take the ride back upto Toys R Us, it'll be less traffic.

Also any good DS games? What about the Lego games, my friend told me Pirates is the only good one, Batman and Indy aren't worth it?

Right now all the games are buy one get one 40% off so I'm going to probably pick up about 6.

Thanks guys, keep them coming, I'm going to wait til tommorow morning to take the ride back upto Toys R Us, it'll be less traffic.

Also any good DS games? What about the Lego games, my friend told me Pirates is the only good one, Batman and Indy aren't worth it?

Right now all the games are buy one get one 40% off so I'm going to probably pick up about 6.

Pokemon is probably your most bang for the buck DS game you can get. Looking past the children's aspect (the TV show, etc.) it's actually a pretty solid turn based RPG with a crap-ton of collecting. You can play for hundreds of hours and still not have everything or do everything. Plus there is no 3DS counterpart yet, unlike New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Zelda, etc. There are a ton on DS though. Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heartgold, Soulsilver, Black, White, and the upcoming Black 2 and White 2. I'd go for Black or White or wait for Black 2 or White 2.

I dunno if 3DS can play Gameboy Advance games. Regular DS I have can, and Double Dragon Advance may just be the greatest video game ever of all times. After Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!, of course.

I dunno if 3DS can play Gameboy Advance games. Regular DS I have can, and Double Dragon Advance may just be the greatest video game ever of all times. After Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!, of course.

No Advance on 3DS unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'm also waiting to see how Castlevania turns out, looks cool.

They didn't have Resident Evil or Starfox at my TRU, I ended up going with Super Mario Bros. 2 which got me 70 percent off of Street Fighter IV, and I also picked up Zelda : Ocarina of Time and used that to get 40% off Mariokart 7.

Going to look into ordering a copy of Starfox, Resident Evil, and possibly Sonic Generations in the mean time. These should keep me busy for at least a few weeks.

I'm really loving the 3DS, I got the XL, it looks just as clear to me as the regular one, I don't see any problems with the pixels and would definately reccomend it. Only downside is the battery life is definately not 8.5 hours, probably about 6 if I had to guess.

I'd say you're good with games for quite a while. Maybe hold off on Resident Evil to see what deals you can find on Black Friday. I'm thinking about canceling all my Pre orders and wait to buy anything new until BF.

Sent from my iPhone located on the planet Hoth.

If you like strategy games get Battleship. It is an advance wars style turn based strategy game that is surprising difficult and tactical.

I have been playing it and I love it.

I haven't stopped playing RE: Revelations and Batman 2. Waiting for the re-release of Myst in 3d glory!

So I'm having a hard time trying to figure out whether I should get the xl or just the regular 3ds. I just don't know if the bigger screen is worth the extra money.

So I'm having a hard time trying to figure out whether I should get the xl or just the regular 3ds. I just don't know if the bigger screen is worth the extra money.

XL is totally worth the extra $ IMO.

Totally worth it, did the upgrade myself and it's amazing the difference. :)

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Get the XL, it will still fit in a cargo pocket and is totally worth the bigger screen, no doubt about it.

Yeah I will probably just go with the XL I was going with the regular, because small screens don't bother me. But I was really think my hands would start hurting playing on such a small device. My first game will be OoT and I know I will play the **** out of it lol

Mario Land 3D
New Super Mario Bros 2

Mario Land 3D is about as good a game as you could hope to play on a hand held. My son was 3 years 2 months when he got his 3DS and he finished the game. So if you have children they'll enjoy it too.

As for NSM2 I just got it for my son Sunday before last and it's been a ton of fun for the both of us.

Back