3D printed Darth Vader EP VII Melted helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruce_brucee02

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I came across this today. I saw that someone made a 3d model of the melted darth vader helmet from the EPVII trailer. I attached the pictures here. THe first two are screenshots from the trailer.

I was just wondering, has anyone tried to 3D scan an accurate 1:1 replica helmet of vader and have it printed? I'm thinking that is one way for us to get a pretty accurate representation of vader in 1/6 scale.

Yes you absolutely can but 3D print still quite expensive. Especially if its large object

Makes me think of a jack-o-lantern or a used Vader candle.:lol

Cool project though.

hm i will try to sculpt one of this melted helmet :=)

Awesome a! I'm fairly new to the 3d printing medium and I think that it would be a great way to produce accessories or characters that the 1/6 scale companies don't plan on producing. Do you have a link to reference for any of your work?

Me n' H really didn't like the way they went with this , we prefer this which I ghink H will make a 1/6 one off
S x
2816C67B-941A-4715-9A79-397824F47B2D_zpsxyaithm6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

^^ That looks really cool.

The one in the trailer looks like a wad of gum in comparison.

Cool idea.

When I saw the trailer I wondered if vader's helmet would acually "melt" that bad? I mean wouldn't it be made from some sort of sci-fi, space aged material? It was also used as armor, so shouldn't it be more durable under heat?

Back