3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figur

I wish threeA would make smaller versions of these. Optimus would be around 10" and then the others would be in scale to him.

Re: 3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figur

Yeah, the scale seems to be all over the place.
However, I'm not sure if that is due to the manufacturing process (making it easier for them to add sufficient detailing to all characters), or licensing.

I kinda feel like I'm nitpicking though because it's the smaller sized characters that appear to be oversized. I'm getting more for my money, so... hmmm.

Yeah, the scale seems to be all over the place.
However, I'm not sure if that is due to the manufacturing process (making it easier for them to add sufficient detailing to all characters), or licensing.

I kinda feel like I'm nitpicking though because it's the smaller sized characters that appear to be oversized. I'm getting more for my money, so... hmmm.

I know what you mean. I would like them to be smaller so they would fit in detolfs without modding shelves.

I think the perfect sizes would be:

Optimus 15 inch

Bumblebee 10 inch

Its been revealed in the recent ToyTV episode that the larger size is essential in maintaining the level or details on the figures. That answers why their Bumble Bee is not in scale with Optimus Prime. Because if they made him true to scale with Optimus then Bee is too small for them to worl on the amazing details. and things may break. Thin plastic and such.
So they still made Bee smaller than Prime but larger than he should have been.
Skeets on the other hand was made in 1:6 scale.

And I love the size of these guys. The size makes them such an impressive display piece

I'd love to have grimlock and AOE bee

Over 500 pieces on new Optimus? thats crazy amount of details.

On the fence with these. If I order them they'll be my first transformers figures since the old beast wars action figures you could still find at Walmart back in the day. When are they expected to ship?

I still wish they would produce smaller, less expensive versions even if they are a little less detailed. That goes for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too.

I plopped down a deposit for Bumblebee. I am still on the fence on Optimus Prime, I still like the previous version that I own.

That's why they are called exclusives...

2a0.jpg

dropped the order... couldn't resist with how great this looks!

transformers-the-last-knight-optimus-prime-premium-scale-threea-903080-02.jpg

transformers-the-last-knight-optimus-prime-premium-scale-threea-903080-12.jpg

I still wish they would produce smaller, less expensive versions even if they are a little less detailed. That goes for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles too.
Blasphemy!
I'd probably buy those too. :lol

I plopped down a deposit for Bumblebee. I am still on the fence on Optimus Prime, I still like the previous version that I own.

Well, this one wouldn't replace the one you own. Like with terminator, alien, etc...it is just an evolved form.
The DOTM version is going for double on Ebay, I assume this one will also. So if you change your mind, you can get a nice profit out of the ordeal.

dropped the order... couldn't resist with how great this looks!

I agree. Very close to Prime one in appearance, but miles away with regard to price.

I might still cave but I need to sell some stuff first. Of course I prefer the AOE head sooooo much more so I would have to get the exclusive. Frak.

I'm going to bite the deposit for 3A exclusive. Not crazy about putting $250 upfront but atleast it seems like bambaland ships out first now.

I just ordered Bumblebee too, can't wait.

As amazing as these figures look, and as tempted as I am, I've decided that I just don't need them. All of the live-action TF movies have been some degree of bad to terrible, but I was 16 when the first one came out in '07, and I loved it back then, so I have some level of nostalgia for the original movie designs. I know that the DOTM designs are slightly different, but they're still very similar to what came out in that first movie, and the silhouette of those characters are unmistakable. I have no such nostalgia for these new designs, especially Prime, or these new movies (in fact I hate TLK even more that ROTF). So yeah, gonna pass. I'll live vicariously through the amazing photos I hope you all share when these come out. :)

Back