3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figur

bambaland exclusive PO'd!!!! Really not crazy about the huge down deposit, but I really want that normal headscuplt

Re: 3A - Transformers: TLK - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee & Sqweeks - Premium Scale Figur

i stopped watching these bay films after the second one. actually, i didn't even bother finishing the 2nd one. there was just too much trash in it, twas just too ****** for me. BUT i find these mechs designs so gorgeous and i'd never get tired of looking at those details and designs overall i just love them like that. i don't really care if they're label transformers or not, the design alone is an automatic must for me so i will keep on getting these deluxe figures regardless of what movie or source material they are from. i'm the biggest fan of mecha in general and these kinds of figures are grail status to me.

As amazing as these figures look, and as tempted as I am, I've decided that I just don't need them. All of the live-action TF movies have been some degree of bad to terrible, but I was 16 when the first one came out in '07, and I loved it back then, so I have some level of nostalgia for the original movie designs. I know that the DOTM designs are slightly different, but they're still very similar to what came out in that first movie, and the silhouette of those characters are unmistakable. I have no such nostalgia for these new designs, especially Prime, or these new movies (in fact I hate TLK even more that ROTF). So yeah, gonna pass. I'll live vicariously through the amazing photos I hope you all share when these come out. :)

Yeah, the movies leave a lot to be desired.
I thought the 1st one was pretty cool, then it all went down hill.
Thinking back, some scenes in the latter movies still make me cringe. I can't imagine how these things were approved.

However, I like many of the character designs. Hats off to the designers.
As long as they keep making figures of the ones I find interesting, I'll keep buying them.

Congratulations to those who preordered.

Yeah, the movies leave a lot to be desired.
I thought the 1st one was pretty cool, then it all went down hill.
Thinking back, some scenes in the latter movies still make me cringe. I can't imagine how these things were approved.

However, I like many of the character designs. Hats off to the designers.
As long as they keep making figures of the ones I find interesting, I'll keep buying them.

Congratulations to those who preordered.

Congratulations to those indeed hate the AOE and TLK those are the only ones I thought the other 3 were pretty good solely because at least the plot was clear things from the movie that preceded which ever came after followed along with what ever happened humans were working with the logical side.

So all went down hill when I saw AOE on Netflix didn't want to see in theaters cause when seeing the trailer I said I think he should stop the one arm kill from Optimus on Megatron was a pretty good way to end for me but no not for him.

I would love to spend $840 to preorder Prime and Bumblebee hope they still will have a sizable stock as time continues seeing that the movie sucked. I love Transformers character group is awesome and their story is phenomenal and even though the live action movies suck-the designers are incredible didn't like the activation of Optimus' face plate though with his new look should've left it how it comes on originally. Can't wait to see what wave 2 brings. I just hope I get the money to preorder Bambaland editions b4 things run out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you guys think it's worth to buy all three, I've got prime and bee ordered but not sure if sqweeks is worth it.

Do you guys think it's worth to buy all three, I've got prime and bee ordered but not sure if sqweeks is worth it.

I think 3A keep releasing Optimus Prime and Bumblebee characters but not Sqweeks.
The character itself isn't the most wanted one, but the figure itself may be rare in the future.

Agreed. AOE is where things got really weird.
As for the figures themselves, all but Megatron have increased in value.
Squeeks might not be popular now, but it might be in a future movie. At that point it would be too late.

I personally like the design. I prefer it when the movie transformers don't have human faces. After all...they're an ancient alien mechanical race.
Characters like Sentinel, Lockdown, and Quintessa shouldn't care to "look human".

Either way, you can always sell these figures and get your money back if you don't like them. They hold at least their retail value even when "used".

Pre-ordered Prime, Had the first release of Prime but was forced to sell.

Cant wait to see how this one turns out.

Now can we get a to scale Grimlock for him to sit on? :pray:

Wow, just Wow!
Looks amazing in person!
These are displayed at SDCC now.

20170720_172004.jpg
20170720_173937.jpg
20170720_174138.jpg
20170720_174028.jpg
20170720_174207.jpg
20170720_174230.jpg

Last edited:

Oh Wow! Those original pictures really didn't give them the justice they deserve, looking amazing!

Thanks for the pic.
That Prime is beautiful.
I can hardly believe it's NOT a statue.

Added more pics for backside.

Attachments

• 20170721_232124.jpg
    20170721_232124.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 165
  • 20170721_231631.jpg
    20170721_231631.jpg
    360.3 KB · Views: 166
  • 20170721_231802.jpg
    20170721_231802.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 167
  • 20170721_231824.jpg
    20170721_231824.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 163
  • 20170721_231855.jpg
    20170721_231855.jpg
    436.5 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:

These are so sweet, preordered right away. I'm not one for figures usually but these are so big and detailed, except for the lack of a base they look like statues!

I have had my eyes on those for a while, but I cannot justify the price.
No way I'm paying that amount for such a simple base.

At almost $200, it should have been a diorama base instead.

You can actually DIY the base from a cheap $2 plastic container. Might not be as good as the $200 ones, but at least we can still have a base. Just need a bit of creativities & painting skills...:wink1:
IMG_20170724_172008.jpg

Hold on just one minute!
Those are awesome!

Nice job! I can probably build one myself, but that paint job is superb!
:clap

Man that TLK Optimus... Drool....

But $450 big ones.... Must... Resisi!!!

You can actually DIY the base from a cheap $2 plastic container. Might not be as good as the $200 ones, but at least we can still have a base. Just need a bit of creativities & painting skills...:wink1:
View attachment 355637

Looks awesome!
Is that resin cast? Where did you get that container?

Back