3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Starscream Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I must be one of the rare people that actually loved starscreams movie design. This version with the cybertronian tattoos is my fav and I wish Prime 1 had done this guy.

Are you much of a G1 fan? I think that's why I'm much more receptive of the Autobot designs. They more resemble humanoid robots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazingly detailed.. Looks like it will be more of a static pose figure than Bee. The triangle top and chicken legs will probably limit the articulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang it from the ceiling for insta-dynamic.

Yeah mate, born in '78 so I was fortunate enough to grow up with all the classics haha. Love G1 and still watch it now with my kids but I really like this design as well.

Wow, looks like he's in stock. You guys ever have any trouble ordering from bambaland direct?

Ahh crap in a 10 gallon hat! I ordered Starscream & figured it was In Stock, but afterwards noticed it said "Pre Order/Ships 3rd Quarter of 2016"

:impatient::pfft:

There is absolutely no way he's in stock. And after the abysmal planning on Bumblebee, and ALL of 3As figures, nobody is going to convince me we'll be seeing this guy until 2017.

Man lol are you serious? I'm new to all of this. I always collect 6-7 inch movie based figures. I decided to order Bumblebee (despite it setting me back f-ing something like $700 when it was all said & done, it's an amazing figure) because I absolutely love the first film & designs. I've always wanted just a decently sized robot version of each character.

Like I said, this is my first foray into the "specialized" huge, costly figures. I don't know why I paid full price immidiately for a figure that might not come out until 2017...the hell is up with that!?

Also, I get the whole exclusive thing, but it really burns my balls to know I missed out on the Optimus with that gun. He uses a gun in every movie...you'd THINK that'd just be a staple/a given accessory. If they wanted something to make him "Exclusive", why not throw in a miniature ...I dunno....one of this stupid Italian leg humping Decepticons.

As I said, the Bumblebee is absolutely gorgeous, a very awesome action figure, but I'm sort of developing a sour taste & pissed off consumer attitude over here.

Ahh crap in a 10 gallon hat! I ordered Starscream & figured it was In Stock, but afterwards noticed it said "Pre Order/Ships 3rd Quarter of 2016"

:impatient::pfft:

Ahh bugger, my bad I was doing the sneaky look while the boss had his back turned thing whilst at work and wasn't paying close enough attention!

Man lol are you serious? I'm new to all of this. I always collect 6-7 inch movie based figures. I decided to order Bumblebee (despite it setting me back f-ing something like $700 when it was all said & done, it's an amazing figure) because I absolutely love the first film & designs. I've always wanted just a decently sized robot version of each character.

Like I said, this is my first foray into the "specialized" huge, costly figures. I don't know why I paid full price immidiately for a figure that might not come out until 2017...the hell is up with that!?

Also, I get the whole exclusive thing, but it really burns my balls to know I missed out on the Optimus with that gun. He uses a gun in every movie...you'd THINK that'd just be a staple/a given accessory. If they wanted something to make him "Exclusive", why not throw in a miniature ...I dunno....one of this stupid Italian leg humping Decepticons.

As I said, the Bumblebee is absolutely gorgeous, a very awesome action figure, but I'm sort of developing a sour taste & pissed off consumer attitude over here.

I remember when I actually followed the MP transformers line even those would have a mandatory delay for a month or two at least. These have the same issues, but instead of just one delay, 3A has a mandatory 3 minimum.

I believe Bumblebee had about 7 or 8 delays when all is said and done. He originally popped up on the April shipping update and was pushed all the way back (each month until hitting his new release date) until early November.

Anyway just look at anything 3A over the past few years. Its a company that has been getting worse and worse in terms of quality control, release schedules, and overall customer service. Their customer service is actually the most abysmal customer service possible. Practically nonexistent. But overall the figures (when you get them) and generally worth the price.

Just expect to be waiting for a very, very long time. The rule for me was take the official Quarter release schedule and add another 3 months onto that. Recently that hasn't been enough of a delay for them however.

As for exclusives, 3A has no idea how to handle those other than making things that are normally iconic to the character and forcing you to buy from their store to get them. Bumblebee and maybe Starscream are better at not doing that.

Hi guys, this will be my first 3A PO and I'd love to get the exclusive for this. Anything I should be worried about (aside form the delays) if I decided to PO direct from Bambaland? DO they charge you up front or wait until it's instock? that sorta thing. Thanks! :hi5:

Full price up front.
Delays in shipping are guaranteed.
You will get frustrated.
The end product is worth it.

look at my avatar name and ask me if I'm getting this lol.

ridiculous poses possible with this figure, the pointy figures, wide stance. looking through the bamba look book sold me.

after seeing how amazing bee is in person i can only wonder how amazing this guy is going to be.

i'll prob take a lot of heat for this but how can you not love the quality and price of these over prime1 statues?

Prime1's size and price were the deterrent for me.
For the cost of 1 l can have 5 figures.

Being articulated is also a plus, though l set a pose and leave it like that forever.
I'm just happy we're getting these. I've waited since 2007 for accurate TF collectibles. :wink1:

I must be one of the rare people that actually loved starscreams movie design.

I said the same thing a while ago in another thread where they were bashing him.

It's anybody else bothered by the silvery color scheme?

Hey, much obliged gents ;) Thanks for all the info/responses.

I for one think Starscream's movie design is just like all the other Autobot/Decepticon designs: Beautiful & truly awesome (mind you, I'm more a fan of the 2007 1st film & am just pretending these 3A figures are from THAT movie...man the TF films were all so ****** to me after the 1st).

It's really a shame seeing as how much we are spending on these figures, there isn't a representative of some kind from these companies to have a discourse when needed, with all the fans. Neca is a great company that interacts with its fans/customers.

I'm SO damn impatient & want all of them, like yesterday haha I have been salivating at the thought of authentically detailed Transformer action figures since seeing the very first trailer to the 2007 film. My only criticism is I'd make them exactly the same, just a tad smaller. My Bee is HUUUGE & I'm concerned about Meg & Prime.

Speaking of which, I'm assuming it works like this (from what I gather so far): Bamlands has these damn exclusives that go up for PreOrder, you pay full price & get the figure like ...7 months after you pay, ok...fine. What I'm hoping for is for Sideshow to release all 4 of these. I called Sideshow, waited on hold for 20 minutes, only to have the girl tell me she "Knew nothing about these products, sorry." Haha talk about piss poor customer service man. How could you NOT know? Or at least point me to someone who did. She said she "wasn't sure if all 4 would be available on the Sideshow website."

I'll be beyond bummed out if I'm stuck with just Bumblebee at around $700 I paid for when it's all said & done, & I don't have the other releases. Methinks on eBay they'd be even more.

I am really crossing my fingers & hope some damn person can come out from this company reassuring the line will be better dealt with in the future & more importantly, continuing with more characters. I'd love Ironhide, Shockwave, Soundwave & Rachet. Probably wouldn't happen, but a Megatron from the 1st film & a Blackout Decepticon would be so awesome.

Bigbadtoystore.com has all of them available.
You can try there if Sideshow fails.

Additionally, they do interact with customers via Facebook, Instagram, and occasionally at the Transformers forums.
To my understanding, each character requires licencing. Therefore, it's a complicated process of 1st aquiring the movie licence, then character licence, then the render, then prototype engineering, to licensor approval, then manufacturing. (For every character)

I hope each and every one gets made, but at this rate and complexity. ...it won't happen anytime soon.

As far as l can tell, Blackout, Barricade, Shockwave, Soundwave, Sentinel, Ironhide and both previous Megatrons are among the most requested among the forums that get replies from 3A reps.
Only time will tell, but it looks like the Autobots will be severely outnumbered if everyone got their way.

Back