3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM: Optimus Prime Premium Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 3A TRANSFORMERS - DOTM Optimus Prime Premium Scale Figure - Announcement

If this is offered on SSC, I might flex order him. No matter how I feel about the movies, Optimus is awesome. I'd display him in his fighting stance, with fists up.

I'm a 1/6 collector, but ready to have something different for once.

This is pretty sick. If there is one Bayformers figure to get, this would be it. Great size, great detail, and fantastic price for what you get.

Packaging for the 3A Transformers Line.

The ones with the Japanese text are the Japan-only versions done for Takara.

-------------------

Packaging Art Direction, Design and Illustrations for the 3A x Transformers Premium Scale Figures.

These versions are the Japan-only versions done for Takara. Because the Transformers license is held by both Takara and Hasbro throughout the world, different packaging editions were required.

From a design standpoint - it was a great opportunity to create a similar foundation for both versions but with a completely different design, typography and color approach. Both Hasbro and Takara were extremely great to work with and supportive of letting me explore this style. Hope you guys like the results!

The final box sizes themselves are gigantic (and so were the file sizes!) - the Optimus and Megatron boxes alone are nearly 2 feet tall. On each of the robot illustrations, if you look closely, you'll see that they're made up of tiny halftone dots of either the Autobot or Decepticon shield symbols. More Than Meets The Eye? ; )

11334639_1078606905500740_137908586_n.jpg

11324456_1605302783074960_385820165_n.jpg

11379191_1610779552533789_1481737784_n.jpg

USA Hasbro Versions:

11373993_876251859131182_1859158685_n.jpg

11330591_513005502180720_1272771214_n.jpg

11249119_1449355078700286_267952049_n.jpg

I spy Starscream.

I will say, as awful as some of the movies have been, the designs have grown on me and Optimus still looked like Optimus. I actually liked DOTM quite a bit so I might consider this if SS does a flex pay.

I checked and Megatron is on SS so hopefully Optimus will too. The more I look at this the more I want it.

this would be more enticing if they were making megatron from either the first or second film, I really can't stand megatron in DOTM, Sentinal Prime would be cool, as would shockwave, hopefully the line expands beyound the four boxes were seeing here.

Last edited:

yeah megatron was kinda lame in DOTM, i prefer his ROTF look. I still can't believe they didnt include any of OP's new weapons from DOTM except for knuckle blades. No shield, no axes, not even his gun unless its from bambaland.

Yeah I am tempted to get this but a little upset you can only get the gun through Bambaland. Not keen on dropping $430 for a figure like 6 months + before it is released and without any of the other figures in the line being released. I'll just have to wait for some reviews and live without the gun if I do buy.

yeah megatron was kinda lame in DOTM, i prefer his ROTF look. I still can't believe they didnt include any of OP's new weapons from DOTM except for knuckle blades. No shield, no axes, not even his gun unless its from bambaland.
It's not surprising to be honest and it's kinda expected from 3A. I'll most likely 3D model and print out the axe and shield whenever this releases. Rather just buy it from Bamba then miss out on the gun as well when Sideshow will cost you the same price but also add shipping cost.

That looks pretty cool. It won't bother me much not having that blaster... I wouldn't use it anyway. I'll flex this on SSC.

Glad that the blades go into his forearms. I wonder how well his joints can hold the weight of his gun.
Great looking figure though.

omfg, this is perfect :clap

How does one accquire the EX? Anyone think Sideshow will carry the Ex?

How does one accquire the EX? Anyone think Sideshow will carry the Ex?

Nope, the EX will be Bambaland only.

Shipping is included in the price but you have to pay in advance. If I recall correctly the last two Transformers were available for around a month or so, but if you plan to get it at the last possible moment I'd recommend to ask them for a precise deadline.

Stupid ex crap pisses me off, why the hell it has to be bambaland only. What's so special about them that they always get the EX?

Stupid ex crap pisses me off, why the hell it has to be bambaland only. What's so special about them that they always get the EX?
Bambaland is 3A's store, they're trying to incentivize people to buy directly from them. No middleman distributor means one less thing cutting into their profits. It makes sense, I just wish they would choose less essential accessories to be part of their exclusives, but then what would be the point of having an exclusive?

Back