3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried some of the mods, used a black wash over the body suit, repainted the chest scar. I also moved the magnets on the shoulder pads and put cuts in the thighs. Now he is about the same in pose ability as the reach figures. Arms are still horribly loose though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445816903.420393.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445816921.844222.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445816931.915816.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1445816941.187011.jpg

For those from the US who shipped their figures back to 3A for the refund: How long did the money take to show up in your PayPal account? I'm going on almost a month now since I've shipped the figure back and it's making me extremely nervous. I know customs and stuff can make these shipments take a while, but I thought for sure it wouldn't take more than a month to make its journey back.

Has anyone received their Halo Thorne from a normal retailer. It appears that its been delayed for my order with Toys2 in Canada.

Has anyone received their Halo Thorne from a normal retailer. It appears that its been delayed for my order with Toys2 in Canada.
Diamond Comic Distributors lists the ETA as 12/9/2015. Expect to see it in specialty shops or shipping out from online vendors around then.

For those from the US who shipped their figures back to 3A for the refund: How long did the money take to show up in your PayPal account? I'm going on almost a month now since I've shipped the figure back and it's making me extremely nervous. I know customs and stuff can make these shipments take a while, but I thought for sure it wouldn't take more than a month to make its journey back.

Hi dude527, did you send from the USA using USPS? When I shipped my MC back, the USPS website was giving a play by play on every scan point of the package, even when it got to Hong Kong. The package arrived July 23, 2015 and the refund was sent back to my account the next day, July 24, 2015. Have you contacted 3A's customer service and have you double checked your tracking number? Good luck, hope all goes well.

Hi dude527, did you send from the USA using USPS? When I shipped my MC back, the USPS website was giving a play by play on every scan point of the package, even when it got to Hong Kong. The package arrived July 23, 2015 and the refund was sent back to my account the next day, July 24, 2015. Have you contacted 3A's customer service and have you double checked your tracking number? Good luck, hope all goes well.

I did indeed send from the USA using USPS. Oddly, the clerk told me that the package wasn't eligible for tracking, so I wasn't able to put tracking on it. I got in touch with 3A's CS shortly after sending it and they said the lack of tracking shouldn't be an issue as long as they eventually receive the package.

EDIT: Scratch that. Being worried as I am, I dug around on my receipt a bit and found the clerk who helped me was just a bit incompetent - there was a tracking number on my receipt after all. Even more troubling: It looks like my figure was delivered to 3A on October 14, which was even before they replied to my initial e-mail notifying them that I'd sent my figure back. Interestingly, the tracking information for the package shows that it missed a couple of deliveries, but was later successfully delivered on the same day (about six hours) after the final failed delivery. I'm going to have to e-mail them. How frustrating.

EDIT 2: I've just e-mailed them. I attached again the electronic copy of my shipping receipt, now with the tracking code I found, and basically just informed them that the tracking shows they received my package almost three weeks ago now, so where is my return credit? I'm hoping to hear from them tomorrow, yet not expecting to hear from them for days or weeks. If they managed to lose my return package, yet the tracking clearly shows that it was delivered, what do y'all think my chances of getting my return are? I had a bad feeling about this when I sent the package back. I didn't want the figure anymore, but I figured I should hang onto it, because 3A's return process just seemed way too complex to go off smoothly. I'm just miffed that I spent an extra $65 to send it back to them and won't even be able to get that back if they lost my package.

dude527, sorry to hear about your ordeal. Dang, that sucks. Take a picture of that receipt and send it to their customer service for proof that you're not making things up. I know 3A can get all picky. We hope it works out.

dude527, sorry to hear about your ordeal. Dang, that sucks. Take a picture of that receipt and send it to their customer service for proof that you're not making things up. I know 3A can get all picky. We hope it works out.

I'm just scared they'll ignore me or keep passing the buck. I haven't heard from them as of yet. When I was doing the e-mail rounds with them trying to get info about the figure all through July to August, they just kept passing me from person to person each e-mail - and each person wouldn't even bother reading the other e-mails in the thread. They would basically receive my by-then quite complex replies, not understand the context, tell me that my best option was to accept the refund, and "apologize for the inconvenience caused !" When I did get more in-depth replies from them, they tried to shed responsibility and deceive me. They were trying to tell me that the poor quality of my figure was an isolated case and that they hadn't received any other complaints about it, EVEN THOUGH they were replying to an e-mail in which I linked them to this thread, among countless other things like scathing YouTube reviews. They even banned me from their Facebook page because I was trying to get some info on there, then their CS promised they would rectify the problem and get back to me. I never heard back. I even sent them an e-mail or two every couple of weeks following that; as of today, I still haven't heard back.

So this whole thing just makes me sick. I'm currently a university student and I usually don't go all-out on my collectibles, but I thought the 3A Halo line looked great for many years, and the Master Chief photos they released looked fantastic, so I saved up. Wouldn't have been able to do it otherwise; my student debt and basic cost of living is just too expensive at this point in my life. To be honest, I technically couldn't even afford to boot the return shipping bill - I had to borrow some cash to do it. Now I'm going to have to pay that person back out of pocket if 3A decides to just ignore me or to insist that I'm wrong and try to tell me my tracking doesn't actually say they received the package. It makes me sick to think I could just randomly be out over $300 for this situation and not even have the crappy figure to show for it anymore.

Update: 3A just e-mailed me back. Thankfully, they were able to find my figure and sent me a full refund, including the cost of shipping. They almost screwed me over by typing my PayPal e-mail as ".co" instead of ".com", but thankfully they asked me to verify the address first - disaster averted. So, yeah, the money went through to my PayPal okay and now I'm just waiting on a transfer to my bank account. Thanks for your support here!

I'm still super bummed about this figure. I really wanted to like it. The one showcased in the Master Chief LookBook STILL looks killer. I would've been so happy with that figure. Hopefully if 3A keeps the 1/6 Halo license, they put out a Halo 5 Master Chief somewhere down the line with significantly improved design - if they do, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this thread for opinions on it before I buy it.

At this point I just want then to drop the license and stop blocking us from getting good 1/6 figures from Halo. If hot toys picked it up we'd be preordering all 8 main Spartans from Halo 5 by now.

Update: 3A just e-mailed me back. Thankfully, they were able to find my figure and sent me a full refund, including the cost of shipping. They almost screwed me over by typing my PayPal e-mail as ".co" instead of ".com", but thankfully they asked me to verify the address first - disaster averted. So, yeah, the money went through to my PayPal okay and now I'm just waiting on a transfer to my bank account. Thanks for your support here!

I'm still super bummed about this figure. I really wanted to like it. The one showcased in the Master Chief LookBook STILL looks killer. I would've been so happy with that figure. Hopefully if 3A keeps the 1/6 Halo license, they put out a Halo 5 Master Chief somewhere down the line with significantly improved design - if they do, I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this thread for opinions on it before I buy it.
If you want a Master Chief and you are selective on what collectibles you buy, as you've said for various reasons, then get the 1/4 NECA Chief. You won't be disappointed and he has a wonderful presence. At about $100, you cannot go wrong. I'm glad your issue was resolved though!

If you want a Master Chief and you are selective on what collectibles you buy, as you've said for various reasons, then get the 1/4 NECA Chief. You won't be disappointed and he has a wonderful presence. At about $100, you cannot go wrong. I'm glad your issue was resolved though!
I agree there, the neca one is beautiful! Also with his size he holds a larger presence compared to the 1/6 scale figures.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Back