3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I keep looking out for reviews and seeing nothing, but at the same time it doesn't surprise me, Thorne and his variant was such a weird choice.

Hi guys. I did the "mods" on MC and now he's able to achieved this post:

S__7831556.jpg
or this:
S__7831557.jpg

Obviously, what I did are painting his undersuit black, tighten his joints, realign his shoulder armors, and finally, cut up his thigh 0_0. I don't plan selling this guy anyway so I took a liberty to do things with him and the result was fabulous (to me at least).
Kinda sad that 3A didn't do this from the beginning. MC could even kinda sit on his knees if not by that infernal thigh.

This guy is now worth the money I've spent for. He's AN action figure now. ^_^

Amazing work. How did you tighten his joints? Can you provide a close up of the thigh mod / cuts in suit?

About the elbows: I remove his undersuit and tighten screws in his elbow joints. The tricky part, really, is finding the right angle to post. His bicep armors alway get in the way so avoid it. Make sure you don't mess up with the rubber and it'll be OK.

The joints: You can find a pics of MC nude body in this thread. I remove his rubber suit and tighten every screws in his joints. That's it.

The thigh: Sorry I couldn't provide the pictures now but I did it like it like what's already shown it in this thread. I cut the rubber at his thigh in v-shape. (Think about Superman, or Spartan recruit's thigh. Just a little more so he could actually post his legs though. Make sure your cutter is actually sharp though. The suit is thick and you don't want to miscut it for it' WILL ruin your toy.

Hope that helps.

About the elbows: I remove his undersuit and tighten screws in his elbow joints. The tricky part, really, is finding the right angle to post. His bicep armors alway get in the way so avoid it. Make sure you don't mess up with the rubber and it'll be OK.
Must just be the angle of the photos then because it looked to me like the elbows had a greater range of motion.

Did you happen to take an photos to document the process of modding?

Mmm sadly, no. I did not took any photos. But in fact, even without mods, you can bend his elbow and it will kinda stay in place if you can adjust them to be in the right angle. Make sure you avoid his biceps though, because they are the ones that restricted his arms articulation.

I'm going to get both thorne and chief, there's a couple of Thorne pics earlier in the thread! Probably will do these mods and more on chief to get him to be as awesome as possible!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I'm going to get both thorne and chief, there's a couple of Thorne pics earlier in the thread! Probably will do these mods and more on chief to get him to be as awesome as possible!

I'm going to also pickup thorne. Currently working on repainting my MC thigh armor as the paint job got messed up.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I plan on stripping the armour tightening the joints up and then attempting to rectify the hand by dremmeling the big thumb lump! And then the ability to cross the arms over so he can hold his rifle properly! Maybe give a repaint like halo 5 chief?

I plan on stripping the armour tightening the joints up and then attempting to rectify the hand by dremmeling the big thumb lump! And then the ability to cross the arms over so he can hold his rifle properly! Maybe give a repaint like halo 5 chief?

Are there many differences to MC in halo 5?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Only really the paint job and he doesn't have the chest scar, easy fix with paints and a bit of green stuff

Loving the Spartan Recruit. Being the exclusive, I think I'm going to have a rough time tracking one down here in the UK.
Ha tell me about it, I've turned to settle for just thorne instead, would end up having to pay ridiculous second market fees

Nice work as usual crazydragonclk01. I have not seen the original Detolf light fixtures in quite some time. Most have replaced them with the non heat generating more slim LED ones or LED strips.:)

Has anyone still got a Spartan recruit which they would be willing to sell to someone in the uk? Really want that guy!

Back