3A HALO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the recruit looks amazing. I think he might look better than the standard Thorne. I really wish I could afford to purchase one of the extra Recruits from you guys. That sniper rifle is also awesome. He is very tempting.

Ok, so here's what I'm thinking of doing, as I want my Master Chief to actually be the figure I was expecting! I might just get another recruit, and then remove ALL the armour plating from it, remove all the armour plating from MC, and do the old switcheroo, if it's at all possible. Because the undersuits are the exact same, aren't they? I mean, how much I paid for him he should've been perfect, but if that's how I can get a perfect MC, then I might do that!

They are going to be different bodies because the recruit and thorne undersuit has a bunch of wiring and what not for the lighting. Also feels like chief's body is way more wobbly and cheap ;0

Ok, so here's what I'm thinking of doing, as I want my Master Chief to actually be the figure I was expecting! I might just get another recruit, and then remove ALL the armour plating from it, remove all the armour plating from MC, and do the old switcheroo, if it's at all possible. Because the undersuits are the exact same, aren't they? I mean, how much I paid for him he should've been perfect, but if that's how I can get a perfect MC, then I might do that!
Won't work. The armorial and body are not the same size. You are better off doing some if the mods to me yourself other than holding the nice gun poses it looks great.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I did not even realize that the Master Chief figure sold out on Sideshow.
Did it really sell out or did they just stop taking orders because of returns, complaints etc.?

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Canadians by the way.

I was able to get this figure for a steal and it's every bit as bad as the complaints make it out to be. With that said, I'm gonna send it to my painter to get a repaint and I'll just display him in a regular standing pose with some friction pads under his feet so he doesn't do a split. Worst case scenario, he should have a nice presence on the shelf, even if he's just standing there.

12070864_1162930693736779_5800320_n.jpg

12105157_445566122310995_1938010004_n.jpg

I'd really love a Locke figure to display next to him too and I'm pretty tempted to get a Thorne figure, as well.

I was able to get this figure for a steal and it's every bit as bad as the complaints make it out to be. With that said, I'm gonna send it to my painter to get a repaint and I'll just display him in a regular standing pose with some friction pads under his feet so he doesn't do a split. Worst case scenario, he should have a nice presence on the shelf, even if he's just standing there.

12070864_1162930693736779_5800320_n.jpg

12105157_445566122310995_1938010004_n.jpg

I'd really love a Locke figure to display next to him too and I'm pretty tempted to get a Thorne figure, as well.

Great pics, but a repaint?

In my opinion the paintjob was the only good thing about this figure, it was amazing!

And the award goes to 3a in the category BEST FIGURE IN THE ROLE OF A STATUE. This just in they will also be accepting BEST STATUE IN THE ROLE OF A FIGURE. Double win for 3a.

I did applied a small repaint (black to undersuit, obviously), mod the shoulder armor and oh boy did he look better. Seems like 3A forgot to black-washed MC's undersuit and given him really bad body I'd say.

And the award goes to 3a in the category BEST FIGURE IN THE ROLE OF A STATUE. This just in they will also be accepting BEST STATUE IN THE ROLE OF A FIGURE. Double win for 3a.

nominated for the award of FUBAR yet EXPENSIVE POS category too...along with sideshow's raynor and hot toys's ED209.lolz

I'm liking all these mods. It's a shame that they're necessary, but they're turning out really sharp regardless. Good on you guys.

I've finally got around to shipping my MC back. I went back and forth on it in my head for a couple months, but in the end I just couldn't justify a $240 figure that wasn't game accurate, looked and felt cheap, and that I couldn't even pose or play with; couldn't justify it when a refund was an option on the table. That $240 will go to better figures now. And I'll honestly never buy another 3A again.

Part of me hates to see people loving on Thorne and Recruit here. I totally understand that they're much better figures than MC turned out to be, but 3A still screwed us blind with MC and it kills me to see them get credit almost literally *just* because the figures are marginally better than MC. I'm happy you guys like your figures, but I really want 3A to lose the Halo license and hand it to someone else who can actually use it.

Back