3A - Dr. DOOM

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JACKS - 20150126_092730.jpgJACKS - 20150121_140537 - Copy.jpgJACKS - 20150120_233631 - Copy.jpg
avengers vs dr doom

Here's my color edit. Kinda thought they would have done his traditional color on the one that's called "Classic Edition". Not anything you can't customize yourself though. Figure looks great overall. At least there's a 1/6 Dr Doom figure in the market now.

ac44jWl.png

Agreed, that is the shade of green, folks associate with Dr. Doom.. I don't mind the stylised 3A look, but I passed on Iron Man, because 3A used so much rubber on the figure.. still tempted by the classic version of 3A's Doom, but with Sideshow also making a 1/6 Doom, I will probably wait and see.
Sideshow's seated Dr Doom PF, is the only time I have been tempted by a 'statue'.. but not tempted enough, to part with $2500 for it, on the secondary market!
:panic:

I actually just ordered this figure yesterday. I need to make/get a uniform for him and do something with the duck feet. Should have it next week hopefully.

I never ordered a ThreeA figure before but they look to be pretty solid collectibles . Please post pics when you get him .

I ordered one last week after seeing one at a mates house and at the UK Toy Con.

It is so awesome. Need to get some batteries to use the light up features and will take more shots then but here is the first I took.
He is immense in person.

tumblr_noai1i9hVM1tu688to1_1280.jpg

ooooo is that future king thor!? didnt know he was in secret wars should read asap

hello there!

I ordered this guy after watching a video in youtube, and seeing Tony Mei's clothing setup for him.
This guy is huge, the size looks great. ThreeA did a good job on him, except for the feet.

I thought it could look awesome in hand, and I find I "cannot" wait for SSC to make his version, even if I have preordered their Wolverine...

So far:
- I have replaced the feet with Hot Toys Zod,
- put Tony Mei's robe on him.

I still have yet to finish him:
- probably will try to use not Tony Mei's but the original cape holder
- maybe I will improve the feet further
- still need to receive and install the light batteries.
- also need to fix one finger that broke on me...

But I am very pleased with how it looks so far.

This is Victor Von Doom!!

IMG_9614.JPG

hello there again!

Some progress with Tony Mei and ThreeA Doom.

I avoided any dremelling by using attached magnets to the ThreeA cape-chain-holder (I don't know the English word for it, sorry).

I attached a metal piece to each side of the chest on the body, then put Tony's bodysuit, and 2 little magnets.
Then put the cape on it, and in order to hold everything together, I used 2 magnets again, this time attached to the ThreeA cape holder.

The results are fragile when posing, but look good.

Some pics:

ba64ec29b6c78a04cd866d5deab09fe3.jpg

9054e28f93698ce265c858e981c3c6cd.jpg

232fdc4996f8f4277afb1899e62e812c.jpg

Nice!
Im jealous.
Ever since i got my 3A Doom ive been wanting to give him a classic looking tunic.

Back