3A - Bumblebee - Bumblebee DLX Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got out of collecting P1 Transformers. They are amazing but very expensive. The premium scale line is big enough and detailed enough for me but they really need to add some more popular characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which P1 statues did you manage to get? One day I hope to own at least one grail piece like DOTM Shockwave from them.

I was comparing Threezero's TLK Optimus and Megatron to the ones from Prime 1 (looking at videos and pictures) and in terms of paint application looks like Threezero's have a bit more details and weathering (for these two at least). I must admit the sheer size of the statues brings a very strong "wow" factor and presence but that's a double edged blade when space becomes an issue. I know they aren't supposed to be compared but it's interesting to note.

Which P1 statues did you manage to get? One day I hope to own at least one grail piece like DOTM Shockwave from them.

I was comparing Threezero's TLK Optimus and Megatron to the ones from Prime 1 (looking at videos and pictures) and in terms of paint application looks like Threezero's have a bit more details and weathering (for these two at least). I must admit the sheer size of the statues brings a very strong "wow" factor and presence but that's a double edged blade when space becomes an issue. I know they aren't supposed to be compared but it's interesting to note.

I had the DOTM Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Ironhide. I had to sell them all but they were amazing pieces. I considered reacquiring them but once I saw the premium sale figures from the Bumblebee movie I decided to go with the cheaper but still very impressive 3A versions. I owned the 3A DOTM Bumblebee before I bought the P1 pieces so I have come full circle.

I am still eye balling that Blackout piece from P1 though. I know that it is going to be huge and crazy expensive but man it?s going to be awesome. I wish I knew what 3A?s plans are.

Last edited:
I had the DOTM Optimus Prime, Bumblebee and Ironhide. I had to sell them all but they were amazing pieces. I considered reacquiring them but once I saw the premium sale figures from the Bumblebee movie I decided to go with the cheaper but still very impressive 3A versions. I owned the 3A DOTM Bumblebee before I bought the P1 pieces so I have come full circle.

I am still eye balling that Blackout piece from P1 though. I know that it is going to be huge and crazy expensive but man it?s going to be awesome. I wish I knew what 3A?s plans are.

Those were great pieces, must've been hard to part with them. I remember seeing that Ironhide years ago for the first time and forgetting all about my beliefs on how transformers should transform or.. move. To this day I think if I had to only choose one P1 statue to own he'd be the one.

The only Threezero plan I know of is the Jetpower Optimus that won a facebook character poll for their next figure a year+ ago. I hope they only paused the project to work on the Bumblebee movie figures while the hype is still there.

be47db9e255464e8383c91cfd152d9d8.jpg

I will post some pictures and impressions later. Looks really good though.
36ecb070b673dcf8d294680bc1374307.jpg

Those were great pieces, must've been hard to part with them. I remember seeing that Ironhide years ago for the first time and forgetting all about my beliefs on how transformers should transform or.. move. To this day I think if I had to only choose one P1 statue to own he'd be the one.

The only Threezero plan I know of is the Jetpower Optimus that won a facebook character poll for their next figure a year+ ago. I hope they only paused the project to work on the Bumblebee movie figures while the hype is still there.

I have one of the most popular P1 Ironhide videos on YouTube lol. Too bad I don?t have the statue anymore. If 3A never gives us a Ironhide then eventually I will pay aftermarket prices to get him again. Up until that point he was the most impressive Transformers piece that P1 had made. Since then they have released Jetfire Prime and Shockwave so they might have surpassed him.

I didn?t know that 3A was making a Jetfire. I?m definitely picking him up in 3 years when he finally comes out lol

I have one of the most popular P1 Ironhide videos on YouTube lol. Too bad I don?t have the statue anymore. If 3A never gives us a Ironhide then eventually I will pay aftermarket prices to get him again. Up until that point he was the most impressive Transformers piece that P1 had made. Since then they have released Jetfire Prime and Shockwave so they might have surpassed him.

I didn?t know that 3A was making a Jetfire. I?m definitely picking him up in 3 years when he finally comes out lol

Man, that Bee looks really good in natural light. Looking forward to hear your thoughts on him.

What's your channel's name? Might be it was your video I was gashing over. To be honest, as impressive as Jetpower Prime is, I think Ironhide is a better executed piece. P1 didn't bother to add much weathering on Prime considering how messed up he and Jetfire were when they merged.

I've read the Jetpower Prime is going to be in DLX scale. Would be cool if they'd also make a premium ver.

Man, that Bee looks really good in natural light. Looking forward to hear your thoughts on him.

What's your channel's name? Might be it was your video I was gashing over. To be honest, as impressive as Jetpower Prime is, I think Ironhide is a better executed piece. P1 didn't bother to add much weathering on Prime considering how messed up he and Jetfire were when they merged.

The channel is called Limited Edition Collectibles. It just reminds me of all the stuff I no longer own lol.

Bee is an incredible figure. It has a nice heft to him that is apparent as soon as you lift him out of the packaging. I never bought batteries so I haven?t tried the light ups yet. I?ll probably just test to make sure they work and then never use them again. Living in statue world made me forget the feeling of pulling at a piece that is supposed to come off but you are pretty sure that it is going to break lol.. that?s how I felt removing his right arm and attaching his blaster arm. You never really know where to hold him without breaking a piece off. The instructions do a good job of telling you how to handle some of the more fragile pieces though. The engineering that went into his design is top notch as usual. He is very sturdy. No fears of this guy going anywhere. Most of the die cast seems to be in his legs and feet which give him a nice heavy base to hold poses with no problem even though I am a museum pose type of guy. I never really use the battle mask I. Bumblebee pieces but when you have him geared up with his blaster and blade the battle mask looks really good on him. Lastly I will say that they did a really good job at giving him a stocky and strong stature. Some of the previous pieces make him look a little lanky but this guy looks like a little tank! I am really looking forward to Optimus Prime, Blitzwing and ... Ironhide? Lol

ae12a43d4dc8941d75e9682ea36ac74d.jpg
8831e6e655e1c42ba728fe8e853489ae.jpg
2123974ac5ae469a798271b7b86d2a87.jpg
df238e9afcd0546fbf2e532ccb6d989a.jpg
bb1b596b25a32dab1630e6cd11d0b4ee.jpg
d4cfc1d0676f09f80c8e0088d9b915bf.jpg

Last edited:
[...]

Thanks for taking the time, looks great! Looking forward to mine. Similar to yourself, I like the way the battle-mask looks but it's not something I use; when I had the DLX I landed on a pretty relaxed pose on the shelf.

Thanks for the heads up Royce. You did great job managing to capture his size in those shots, he does have quite a presence. Love how the mech details stand out in this scale. I might just cave and pick him up after all.

By the way, after checking, I realized it was indeed your Ironhide video I kept coming back to lol. Thanks for taking the time to share that quality material.

I've read the Jetpower Prime is going to be in DLX scale. Would be cool if they'd also make a premium ver.

That thing would have insane amount of details that can't be captured completely in the DLX scale. Wouldn't make sense to skip the premium treatment for it.

I just got my bumblebee and pics don?t do him a justice. Looks much better than that dark of the moon one. And he stands better to. I have a 19 inch prime and he looks great next to him

I just got my bumblebee and pics don?t do him a justice. Looks much better than that dark of the moon one. And he stands better to. I have a 19 inch prime and he looks great next to him

Sweet. Take some shots if you can, they would be much appreciated.

Nice shots! That's a detolf he's displayed in, right? How is it holding up to this Bee's weight? I'm trying to figure out what would be the right display for these and I'm reluctant about detolfs holding up to such hefty diecast figures. Not to mention the even bigger and heavier premium scale Prime that's coming out.

Nice shots! That's a detolf he's displayed in, right? How is it holding up to this Bee's weight? I'm trying to figure out what would be the right display for these and I'm reluctant about detolfs holding up to such hefty diecast figures. Not to mention the even bigger and heavier premium scale Prime that's coming out.

In my opinion Bee?s weight is no problem for the detolf.. I have put bigger and heavier pieces in there without issue.

Back