360 Vs. PS3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is true.
I recall when Sony's quality used to rule the roost.

Then they started riding their brand name rather than their products and came close to tanking the company. the PS saved them though .....

IMO Microsoft is the greater evil, Sony the lesser evil, and Nintendo probably the best "company"of the 3...

I think in order to judge a company you have to know what you are judging. What defines a good company? I don't know the answer. :dunno Someone that says thank you when they take your money? Someone that charges for a product that works? Again I don't know the answer. I also don't understand the hate on MS. Bill Gates gives more to charity than I think just about anyone in the world. That is a fact.

Some of Bill Gates charity money. I don't why MS would be any more evil than Sony for wanting to make money. I wonder if Sony donates this much money? Nope.......

Where the Money Goes

$1 billion over 20 years to establish the Gates Millennium Scholarship Program, which will support promising minority students through college and some kinds of graduate school.
$750 million over five years to the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization, which includes the World Health Organization, the Rockefeller Foundation, Unicef, pharmaceutical companies and the World Bank.
$350 million over three years to teachers, administrators, school districts and schools to improve America’s K-12 education, starting in Washington State.
$200 million to the Gates Library Program, which is wiring public libraries in America’s poorest communities in an effort to close the “digital divide.”
$100 million to the Gates Children’s Vaccine Program, which will accelerate delivery of lifesaving vaccines to children in the poorest countries of the world.
$50 million to the Maternal Mortality Reduction Program, run by the Columbia University School of Public Health.
$50 million to the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, to conduct research on promising candidates for a malaria vaccine.
$50 million to an international group called the Alliance for the Prevention of Cervical Cancer.
$50 million to a fund for global polio eradication, led by the World Health Organization, Unicef, Rotary International and the U.N. Foundation.
$40 million to the International Vaccine Institute, a research program based in Seoul, South Korea.
$28 million to Unicef for the elimination of maternal and neonatal tetanus.
$25 million to the Sequella Global Tuberculosis Foundation.
$25 million to the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative, which is creating coalitions of research scientists, pharmaceutical companies and governments in developing countries to look for a safe, effective, widely accessible vaccine against AIDS.

Last edited:
I think a good company gives you what you pay for and does their best to provide good tech and customer support. NO company will ever be perfect, but as long as a company is pleasent to deal with and I feel like they are doing their best then I am happy.

That's one reason I'll never deal with Samsung again. They dicked me over for nearly 4 months about a TV that was under warranty. I had to make threats about the Better Business Bureau to finally get them to help me.

how many millions of dollars in lawsuits has MS paid out over the years for strong-arm business tactics??? :lol

how many millions of dollars in lawsuits has MS paid out over the years for strong-arm business tactics??? :lol

I agree but being a shrewed business in this day and age is wrong? Look at what EA games has done to football games. Look at Comcast? Look at almost any other company with money. They all strong arm. I am sure Sony has their fair share of lawsuits. I am not saying it's right. I even agree. I am just saying just about every company is out to put their competition out of business and make money.

That is the risk of doing business. Everyone knows that doing business is cutthroat. Can't fault them for that. It doesn't affect us adversely. Every major corporation has to deal with that sort of thing.

Im also a little tainted cause my place of work is going thru an expensive custom order-entry/accounting application development thru microsoft and one of its developers.

They pointed us in 1 direction and we worked with them on recommendation from Microsoft as being the solution for our needs outlined in an RFP.
After months upon months and thousands upon thousand of dollars, it became apparent that this software couldnt meet our needs as promised and clearly outlined from the start.

It became a stand-off between us and MS as far as them not delivering what they promised and outstanding HUGE bills owed and expected to pay for the work they did, which accomplished more or less nothing more than revealing their incompetence and shady promises that their software was capable of delivering when in actuality it couldnt....

month after month after month of stalemate .............. and then MS comes forward ".. well we have this other software that might accomplish your needs." Now we're moving forward in that direction and finding out this other option is 10x better for what we need rather than the POS they tried to push us towards in the beginning. Now theyve credited us what we paid towards the other and put it to the new development.
But ONLY because it was embarrasingly apparent their dumbasses made promises their asses couldnt deliver with the initial option.
The 2nd option was there the whole time and a child couldve seen it was the correct option from the start had it been put on the table.

consider me tainted...... and its not even my personal money they were trying to waste.....
they just wanted us to go in the direction that was most lucrative for themselves and not the direction that was the best choice to accomplish what we needed....

sorry to rant ... :lol MS can have a sweaty tea-bag as far as Im concerned....

Keith, regarding your complaint about getting burned on the HD-DVD.

i don't take that as a negative against the 360...there were still a crap load of good titles released (plus most are now on sale) and it's not like because the format lost your drive is going to stop working.

MS said they would continue to provide updates for it, so no loss there.

as far as the battle. i have had almost every system since the 2600 and like most every one else here, the 360 has been the my favorite. i do like the PS3 (and not just for the BR player), but they definitely need a better network and more exclusive titles.

Like Havyck I've had virtually every system and until I had the 360 I thought the Playstation was the best. Right now the 360 is a head by a decent margin due to the games and the online network. The graphics do tend to be on par with each other at least on the games I've got.

I have all 3 and have played video games since the old atari and intellivision systems I have had them all except for the neo geo.

Great games
Live is very user friendly and is second to none
achievments add some more playability to games
Mic hooks up flawlessly and all live games support it

dislikes
I hate how they still charge points for themes that is over a year old
RROD they replace your system but it still sucks when it happens
Its loud
P!tu squeeling like a girl when you race cars on GTA4 :lol

PS3

Blu ray player
I like how you can make your own themes without paying for them
MGS4 and MGO
It is a quiet system

dislikes
PSN it might be free but lets face it....it sucks
no achievements or messaging but I hear that is going to change :D
Hooking up your headset and then praying that it will acually work in game
Cant invite friends to join you in the game you are playing
needs more great games

Wii

Fun games
I love how they incorporate the wii mote into the games
easy to set up and use
great party system
very easy to pack up and take with you
Trauma center great game and perfect for the wii mote

dislikes

online system just plain sucks and it refuses to connect to a dsl wireless router
needs more games that take advantage of the wii mote

I could think of more likes and dislikes for all the systems so I just listed the ones that matter to me

Mario galaxy alone still has this family playing it.
(haven't even got kart yet, can't wait)

Thats the thing we don't really party with it or have people over to play. I can play by myself for hours on that rig just like i did with zelda. It works for a party system but it's not necessary IMO.

Back