300 sequel in the works

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought both battles were at the same time. Cause the greeks had the navy(commanded by the Athenians) positioned to block the Persians navy from flanking the 300(plus 7000) defending the pass(hot gates)...least thats what they taught us in history class.
The Persians ransacked and burned cities that didn't surrender after Thermopylae but before Salamis, including Athens, which was beyond the hot gates, so it couldn't have happened at the same time.
The Naval Battle of Artemisium happened at the same time as Thermopylae and held off the Persian Fleet until the Greeks retreated when the found out the outcome of the land battle. Then that storm that was depicted in the movie destroyed a large portion of the Persian fleet before the Battle of Salamis.

At the end of 300, isn't David Wenham setting us up for the sequel?
That's exactly what I though when I saw it, oh, like 5 times! :rock

From Wikipedia:

Dilios concludes his tale before an audience of attentive Spartans, all assembled on a new battlefield. Declaring that though the Persian army numbers 120,000, they are demoralized after losing thousands to a mere 300 Spartans just a year earlier - and they now face 10,000 Spartans commanding 30,000 Greeks. Praising Leonidas' sacrifice, Dilios leads the assembled Greek army into a fierce charge against the Persian army, igniting the Battle of Plataea.

At the end of 300, isn't David Wenham setting us up for the sequel?
That's exactly what I though when I saw it, oh, like 5 times! :rock

From Wikipedia:

The battle of Plataea could certainly be the sequel, but I think the Battle of Salamis is more noteworthy.
Besides, Themistocles is more interesting then Pausanias.

I don't think 300 needs a sequel its good enough as it is
If it does have a sequel it won't follow the Braveheart and Gladiator pattern being the main hero dies at the end :monkey2

Salamis was not much of a Spartan effort though - and lots of fully dressed Athenian sailors in skirts won't attract women to the movie.

I think the Battle of Plataea was a far better demonstration than Thermopylae was as to just how great the Spartan army was - again heavily outnumbered, caught on low open ground and out of formation, the Spartans still managed to cut through the Persian hordes like a knife through hot butter! It would also have more suspense, as you wouldn't know which of the Spartan characters will live or die.

I would also like to see more of Spartan society - like everyone gathering in the town square on a Saturday night to watch naked girls wrestle.

One Greek story (myth actually) that I feel hasn't got its just-desserts just yet is THE ODYSSEY!

How about do Frank Miller's The Odyssey or something? I'm sure he could have some real unique ideas and takes on that story.

I hope Zack Cider gets attached to that potential He-Man film...that would make an excellent 300 style film.
BY THE POWER OF GAYSKULL

Back