3 Signs that You May Need a Break from Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No one has ever been thought of as cool for buying a toy.

spending $300 on a toy, can be impressive to some group of folks, so yea maybe they got stuck with those groups of folks and they just want to impress, so they bought toys even though they don't want it.

I can gif you three better reasons
1) the price does not fit the product
2) the economy sucks, therefore, no jobs, or lack of
3) as long as people keep paying these stupid prices, the more stuff they'll keep cranking out for even more money, while making things more and more expensive, therefore making it an elitist hobby.

spending $300 on a toy, can be impressive to some group of folks, so yea maybe they got stuck with those groups of folks and they just want to impress, so they bought toys even though they don't want it.

Haha, look what I bought. Not made, but bought....,, ****ing ridiculous

I love my figure collection...but let's be honest...I think that in most corners of society the statement "look at how cool I am I spent $300 on a toy!" will be quickly countered with "look at how STUPID you are...you spent $300 on a toy???"

I love my figure collection...but let's be honest...I think that in most corners of society the statement "look at how cool I am I spent $300 on a toy!" will be quickly countered with "look at how STUPID you are...you spent $300 on a toy???"

So true, but those same people that say the latter probably are spending $300 on a few bottles of wine which they finish off in a day or two and have nothing to show for it except empty bottles and piss in the toilet. People waste money on all sorts of things that are consumed -leaving them with nothing of tangible worth. Hell I know people that spend $200 on a single pair of jeans which is crazy to me because jeans dont last long before they need to be replaced, unless u pay for them to be dry cleaned all the time..

Last edited:
So true, but those same people that say the latter probably are spending $300 on a few bottles of wine which they finish off in a day or two and have nothing to show for it except empty bottles and piss in the toilet. People waste money on all sorts of things that are consumed -leaving them with nothing of tangible worth. Hell I know people that spend $200 on a single pair of jeans which is crazy to me because jeans dont last long before they need to be replaced, unless u pay for them to be dry cleaned all the time..

:clap

Most people blow this kind of money on booze and cigarette monthly....never mind cell phones, makeup, clothes.........

My only other vices are books and video games......and I rarely get to finish more than one game every few months.

Books .......comic and fiction....I buy several a month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All you losers with your loser posts are making me think twice about continuing with this hobby. If you have the disposable income in the first place to drop on these toys, then it is Cool because you can...you have the money to do whatever the f@ck you want. That is F@ckin Cool. Simple as that.
But, if you are stressing out on one or two figures/statues here or there, worrying if you have space etc.., then this hobby is out of your league. Worse yet, if you are using credit to pretend you can hang, you are a bonified Loser.
And, yes, if you order some product and showcase it for a short time on YouTube or just flip it on EBay (for profit or loss) you are a total Loser because you are stupid thinking you can run a business doing so by getting views...seriously? Just look at Sean Long now.
Cool is when you can just write off the entire affair and expense as that "dumb toy collecting phase" you went through a couple years back as you are guiding your new girlfriend's head down to polish your knob in your 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS.
Any questions?

All you losers with your loser posts are making me think twice about continuing with this hobby. If you have the disposable income in the first place to drop on these toys, then it is Cool because you can...you have the money to do whatever the f@ck you want. That is F@ckin Cool. Simple as that.
But, if you are stressing out on one or two figures/statues here or there, worrying if you have space etc.., then this hobby is out of your league. Worse yet, if you are using credit to pretend you can hang, you are a bonified Loser.
And, yes, if you order some product and showcase it for a short time on YouTube or just flip it on EBay (for profit or loss) you are a total Loser because you are stupid thinking you can run a business doing so by getting views...seriously? Just look at Sean Long now.
Cool is when you can just write off the entire affair and expense as that "dumb toy collecting phase" you went through a couple years back as you are guiding your new girlfriend's head down to polish your knob in your 2018 Porsche 911 GT2 RS.
Any questions?

:lol. Cool man.

This hobby is all about getting your childhood sold back to you, so it's hard sometimes for people to say no. Any hobby can have the same effect...I always though you had to be a little crazy to spend large sums of $ on some if it

Any questions?
I have one. Is this you?
Thug-Life-3.jpg

Any questions?

:rotfl

more likely your polished dome of your 1:6 R2D2...

Pretty basic common sense in the blog post.

Obviously the money issue is the most important but space is crucial too. I hate looking at collector's pics of their collection/toy room and it's just this mass of colored plastic that looks like a factory just puked all over the place. Negative space is your friend. Makes things stand out and "pop." When it's all just a mass of figures and toys crammed in, what's the point?

I've taken to rotating stuff to avoid having too much out at one time. And I bet that to a "normie" it would still look overwhelming. But my collection is nothing compared to some stuff I've seen online.

Haha, look what I bought. Not made, but bought....,, ****ing ridiculous

isn't it more impressive to pay someone to make something you want, rather than make it yourself?

i mean you can make all the best things you can but someone's gonna have a look at it and like it and ask you:"How much should i pay you to build one for me". rather then:"Hey where did you get that from?"

that is the beauty of spending on wine, it only last a few glasses, so you have to keep spending in order to fulfill that need. it's rather romantic, compared to spending same amount of money on something that lasts and still have value in it.

same as spending money on fuel so you can just drive aimlessly along the road with no goals & destination.

Pretty basic common sense in the blog post.

Obviously the money issue is the most important but space is crucial too. I hate looking at collector's pics of their collection/toy room and it's just this mass of colored plastic that looks like a factory just puked all over the place. Negative space is your friend. Makes things stand out and "pop." When it's all just a mass of figures and toys crammed in, what's the point?

Can't stand seeing this either. But to each their own.

Back