3 and 3/4 joes/ Joe Swapmeet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha,my daughter doesnt touch my toys,just no interest at all.But i love seeing these collections from the 80's,all the Joes in their colorful packaging brings back joyous memories.I do have some Joes,but not nearly as many.
Actually come to think of it,i do have a lot of loose vintage Joes in a tote in zip lock baggies,i need to get those displayed,dang lack of space lol.

It is a super grail piece for sure. Better than the Flagg and Defiant.

how is a piece of cardboard considered a grail? My brother had that set and it sucked :lol.....Then the GI Joe HQ and Terror Drome comes out and that card board is all but forgotten

Here's my collection. Got a complete set (75) of 25th Anniversary figures going on auction tonight on Ebay for those interested, FYI.

20140928_125727 (800x450).jpg20140928_125834 (800x450).jpg20140928_125830 (800x450).jpg20140928_125826 (800x450).jpg20140928_125816 (800x450).jpg20140928_125805 (800x450).jpg20140928_125756 (450x800).jpg20140928_125744 (800x450).jpg20140928_125735 (800x450).jpg20140928_125840 (800x450).jpg

Looks good, 'Saw.

how is a piece of cardboard considered a grail? My brother had that set and it sucked :lol.....Then the GI Joe HQ and Terror Drome comes out and that card board is all but forgotten

Because it's difficult to obtain. People seem to have forgotten what the term "grail" actually means.

Yup. This is a very hard piece to find sealed. Terror Drome, Flagg, Defiant? You can find those all day long.

Yup. This is a very hard piece to find sealed. Terror Drome, Flagg, Defiant? You can find those all day long.

It's hard to find the Missile Command HQ period. I've never seen one sealed and I've only seen maybe 4 total for sale. They're out there but most are in bad shape.

Looks good, 'Saw.

a very hard to find piece doesn't always mean grail to me.....an awesome playset does.Card board playsets we're always dumb and this so called "Grail" piece is no different.My brother had it,and it was one of the worst GI Joe items in the line

One mans "grail" is another mans "fail". It is all cool, we all have different tastes and ideas on what is cool or what is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cardboard sets were cool back in the day. This one for the Joes and the Sandcrawler o e for Star Wars, unfortunately cardboard never survived my 'play' back in the day. :lol

One thing to remember is that when this set came out, G.I. Joe was in it's 3.75in infancy. This was the only playset available in 1982. It wasn't until the brand took off that we got the awesome Joe Headquarters playset in 1983. Cobra got the shaft on playsets until 1986 when the Terror Drome came out. So, even though the cardboard set isn't nearly as cool from a play toy standpoint, it was the only Cobra base that we got for 4 years back in the day.

It's still a piece of Joe history and that alone makes it cool.

The Viper and Falcon gliders also sucked as a toy back then but because of how fragile they were, they're highly sought after today because it's almost just as hard to find one that isn't trashed and broken.

Gorgeous. The Night Raven is without a doubt my favorite Cobra vehicle. Best plane in the whole line really.

Very nice GearheadSS! Are there any holes in your collection that still eludes you? Other than the USS Flagg, looks like it's a fairly complete collection at first glance.

Very nice GearheadSS! Are there any holes in your collection that still eludes you? Other than the USS Flagg, looks like it's a fairly complete collection at first glance.

I have a Flagg but I'm still on the hunt for a box. There are a few others that I need like the Viper Glider and a few of the Sears Exclusives.

Back