24...duh duh....duh duh...duh duh....(spoilers!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael Irbys from The Unit was one of the mercenaries that tried to kidnap Hassan, and eventually (after Jack killed everyone but Irby) took Hassan voluntarily and delivered him ...

220px-8x15-bishop.jpg

... but I don't think the team on 24 was supposed to be an official military unit. I think it was a group of mercenaries and private contractors. Not exactly the Delta Team from The Unit ... but Irby's presence certainly reminded me of The Unit.

SnakeDoc

I think the producer wanted to make an image like it was The Unit by showing Irby face before putting on the balaclava and also when he was reporting in after the capture of Hassan. He stated something like "The entire Unit is dead except me" BTW, was there 5 mercenaries or more?

Anyone else surprised they killed Rene? Thats 2 slient clocks in a row! :google

Sounds like they aren't going to pull any punches now, especially with them knowing this is their last season.

Yeah, that's definitely the impression I got. That's an interesting idea about them circulating the movie rumours to keep the impression up that Jack is going to survive this season. Though they've been talking about a movie since Season 5, I think. It would be a great gotcha, to finish off the series though.

I'd really rather see Jack die a peaceful death though. It's obvious he's never going to rest, he's always going to jump at the chance to help the USA, and the USA is always going to turn to him. He just needs to die, so he can rest in peace.

Yeah, that's definitely the impression I got. That's an interesting idea about them circulating the movie rumours to keep the impression up that Jack is going to survive this season. Though they've been talking about a movie since Season 5, I think. It would be a great gotcha, to finish off the series though.

I'd really rather see Jack die a peaceful death though. It's obvious he's never going to rest, he's always going to jump at the chance to help the USA, and the USA is always going to turn to him. He just needs to die, so he can rest in peace.

It is an interesting thought about circulating a movie rumor to throw people off of the death of Jack Bauer. But, they've actually hired a scriptwriter for the movie that wouldn't be involved in the rumor-mill (Billy Ray), and given hints about the plot (more personal, taking place in Europe, etc.).

Plus, there's the money. At this point, Fox killing off Bauer is about as likely as killing off Batman, Jason Bourne or James Bond ... there's too much money to lose. Bauer is likely immortal.

SnakeDoc

I'm glad to see the series is ending on a high-note. The end of Season 8 has been phenomenal -- a classic 24 bloodbath. Revenge, gunfights, murder, mayhem ... Jack against the world.

Season 8 started pretty well, but I was concerned when it hit a lull during the Russian mob/ Dana Walsh stuff. But, it has actually turned out to be among the best seasons in the group. I even like how the Dana Walsh storyline has played out ... especially given the redneck ex-boyfriend tangent from earlier in the season. She's turned into a reasonably compelling character.

SnakeDoc

I am a few episodes behind so sadly I can't contribute much meaningful yet.

I just wanted to come here and complain. I just watched the episode in which Renee dies, and I am super pissed.

There were some major deaths in another show that I recenty watched that were emotionaly resonant and moving... but this death just pissed me off. I felt so sadness or sympathy, just anger at the retarded writing. :monkey4

We've been waiting so long for Jack to go completely unhinged and this is it. . . so badass. Gutting the guy and taking the SIM card out of his stomach, then calling the number and getting Logan's voicemail. . . I was just howling at the TV, "IT IS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!"

Only 3 eps left. I can't wait for Jack to put a bullet between Logan's eyes. . . "this is for Renee Walker, Michelle and Tony Almeida. . . and David Palmer." BLAM!!

i cant believe he just pulled out a stat explore lap on the russian goon...for a sim card.:clap:thud::clap

logan next on the hit list...jack's gonna rip his bolls out and shove'em down his throat. that guy doesnt deserve a bullet kill.:lol

day 22 was awesome...2 more days to go.

and its official, bauer is SNAKE EYES(without the sword)!!!!
vlcsnap-2010-05-18-20h52m29s106.png

:yess::thud::clap

vlcsnap-2010-05-18-21h06m43s211.png

oh yeaaah.:hi5:

...on second thought, the russian ambassador got the receiving end of the poking thingy. well be his sword.:pray:

Last edited:
Seriously badass hour last night. I'm hoping there is a deleted scene on the DVD Set showing exactly how the Russian Hotel Suite bloodbath transpired.

SnakeDoc

Seriously badass hour last night. I'm hoping there is a deleted scene on the DVD Set showing exactly how the Russian Hotel Suite bloodbath transpired.

SnakeDoc

i'd like to see that too.:pray:
it was kinda odd for jack to leave a survivor. let the bodies hit the floor.:yess:

i'd like to see that too.:pray:
it was kinda odd for jack to leave a survivor. let the bodies hit the floor.:yess:

He had to leave a survivor to answer the phone call ... to tip off Piller about the massacre, and coax Logan into calling Suvarov and spilling the whole shebang.

SnakeDoc

day 22 was awesome...2 more days to go.

and its official, bauer is SNAKE EYES(without the sword)!!!!
vlcsnap-2010-05-18-20h52m29s106.png

:yess::thud::clap

vlcsnap-2010-05-18-21h06m43s211.png

oh yeaaah.:hi5:

...on second thought, the russian ambassador got the receiving end of the poking thingy. well be his sword.:pray:

Looks badass! I want to bash my Enterbay JB to look like that. Anyone knows if they have a 1/6 scale gear like that?

Just one more episode (2 hours finale).

Darth Bauer for the win.

Why did she have to die? Why couldn't I save her?

-"You're not all-powerful Jack"

Well I SHOULD be! Some day I will be, one day I will be the best CTU field agent ever!

etc etc

They were ANIMALS! So I SLAUGHTERED them like animals! I HATE THEM!....DAMMIT!

Looks badass! I want to bash my Enterbay JB to look like that. Anyone knows if they have a 1/6 scale gear like that?

Just one more episode (2 hours finale).

The main characters in the video game "Army of Two" dressed in similar body armor. Maybe there are figures from that game.

army_of_two.jpg

SnakeDoc

Back