212th Attack Battalion: Utapau Clone Trooper - official photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got it today .. the paint and body are awsome ... but again the joints are crazzy loose ... i mean bad ... im going to have to put a new body on this one ... but a keeper ... the weathering is owsome ... SS could teach HT and Medy a thing or two on the the Medy figure cant hold a candle to this one ... B+ for this one ... would be a AA+++ if the joints were not so loose

I must have really lucked out then since he has been in that pose since I first got him. :eek:

Not mine, I hunted a exclusive version because I had that pose in mind. I got a brand new one, never opened for $60 shipped. I was so happy.

Once I got it I was disappointed. I have never been able to pose him like that. I opted for just posing him with his hands down.

Luis

I just checked the tracking for my Clone Trooper and now he won't be here until the 20th
He was suppose to be here on the 18th!
What the hell happened?:confused: :( :mad:
:chew

Well, mine's scheduled for 05/21 and I'm just a few hours north of you. It says "In Transit - On Schedule" when I check it out.

Sure looking forward to it...

Too bad to hear about the loose joints. I was pleasantly surprised that all of mine were nice and tight and hoped it meant they'd worked out the "kinks" from the earlier figurs.

Well, mine's scheduled for 05/21 and I'm just a few hours north of you. It says "In Transit - On Schedule" when I check it out.

Sure looking forward to it...

Now my delivery date is for the 19th!?!?!:confused:
What the hell?
UPS doing a jig with my trooper or what?
:chew

mine has shipped last friday...should be here on the 21st Aus time!!!
2 Clones that HOPEFULLY wont be loosey goosey!!!

I would go as far to say this could be one of (if not the) best looking SS 12" yet.

Very nicely done. It is unfortunate the body is not up to par however.

Just got mine and I have to say I'm very impressed, SS did a good job on this one. But once again the legs are a bit loose. Over all I give this figure a 95%. I'm glad I didn’t let this one go. I’m also glad SS opted to use a hard plastic, gives the figure a more rugged and realistic feel. Even my wife was impressed by this one, but she still calls them dollies. Oh well at least she still lets me play with toys.

Mine is still on target for delivery tomorrow. Will try to get up some pics and initial "straight from the box" observations by tomorrow night.

I got this figure yesterday and I like it a lot better than the original stormtrooper. That's my problem with buying these things I want to buy others to go along with him, but I just can't afford it.

got mine today. it's awesome. the weathered look is outstanding. joints are a little loose but not too bad. i love the ex. stand BTW. i'm sick of the black ones with the silver paint that sticks to everyone's boots.
IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

UPS delivered mine today. Here's my first-day impressions (which I've learned typically differently tremendously from my post first-week opinion).

At first, the figure was infuriating due to the wobbly ankles. The armor also felt very cheap and brittle, and there were more than a few fear-inducing creaks. After some patient futzing and flexing of the joints, the figure seems to break itself in, and the ankles are no worse than those on Hot Toys' Batman (TDK Original Costume). A large help was figuring out just how the torso joint is supposed to work. At first, I didn't think it could turn, but it can. Just be very careful and slow and don't overdo it.

It seems that patience will be a virtue with this figure, and you should take the time to understand how each joint interacts with the armor so you can adjust the pieces accordingly.

The paint deco is nothing short of phenomenal with some excellent and consistent weathering all over. The helmet is also very well done. Yes, I can see the areas where Sideshow got it wrong, but it is not distracting in the least. It is MUCH better than the prototype, and only the die-hards will see the variations. If this is to be the standard helmet sculpt for future clones, that's fine by me...and I am VERY picky about such things.

The long rifle is very nice, but I'm a bit frustrated by the smaller blaster. The folding stock gets in the way of doing a two-handed grip.

The pictures that follow show a pose that is completely free-standing. Even now, it is still w/o its stand on my desk, which can be quite wobbly due to its construction. As I'm typing, the figure is gently trembling back and forth due to the vibrations going through the desk, but it remains standing. I even just shook the desk, and it remains standing.

The pics were shot quickly and with minimal Photoshop enhancement. They are also not quite up to my usual self-imposed standards, but I've always had difficult shooting white 1/6 scale figures with sharp contrasts. Hopefully, this figure will give me a chance to improve those deficits.

Anyway, enough rambling. Here are the pics.

utapau02.jpg

utapau04.jpg

utapau01.jpg

utapau03.jpg

utapau06.jpg

utapau05.jpg

Nice shots, Sith Lord!

Got mine today (along with Cobra Commander). Just tossed the spare GG Jango Fett head on him that I was saving for my Cody custom.

Utapau.JPG

Back