212th Attack Battalion: Utapau Clone Trooper - official photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dsc04148.jpg

dsc04149m.jpg

dsc04150p.jpg

I am a pretty anal guy when it comes to armored troopers., which those that know me know this. This figure looks to be a grand slam. Cant wait for mine :)

One last shot, and then I gotta get back to work. Here's how he'll probably be displayed on the shelf:

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

After spending 15 minutes with this guy, I'm pleased to add it to my collection. The orange-marked clones were my favorites so I'm doubly pleased that this was the first one out of the chute.

The paint is fantastic and I'm happy with the final design of the helmet. The loose ankles, on the other hand, I'm not so happy about. Plus, the bicep armor is just a smidge too tight. The undersuit bunches above the bicep and it's too tight to pull the undersuit down. I'll have to work on this when I have more time. The tightness of the upper bicep armor also prohibits the placement of the elbow armor and that in turn constricts bending at the elbow. I'm sure we'll all figure ways around this, but as for 'out of the box posing,' the arms are limited.

- J

Cancelled this guy so I could pick up the stormtrooper. Hmm wrong decision me thinks.

But once again, SIDESHOW! THE ANKLES! WOOOP WOOOP WOOOP Back to the drawing board for that joint baby!

Nice pics!, figure looks like the best SSC figure so far this year.

First impressions: I like it better than the Stormtrooper. I like the battle damage and the dirty look of the white. Don't know the name of the long gun, but it looks plastic. Yeah, I know it is but it looks it; as oppose to the smaller gun which looks more realistic. The problems: loose joints: ankles, left leg, right arm, etc. All pics had to be taken quickly 'cause he was nose diving.
9iqouw.jpg

25fhnq9.jpg

28u4bc8.jpg

Yeah, with all of the battle damage this guy's got, you'd think perhaps the guns should have some nicks & scratches on 'em, too.

- J

The gun could use some paint that's for sure.

Maybe most of you guys are aware (or not), but the waist joint is non-existent. It's there but of no real use. Not a deal breaker but an fyi.

The helmet is easily taken off.

A couple more. Working on how to put the hands on the rifle. Found some stills which the figure was able to replicate. The loose joints were frustrating while taking the pics. Looking at the pics on SS's site the rifle should be black.
zk0duq.jpg

j9wutg.jpg

Just got my shipping notice with estimated arrival on the 19th.

I have to say though...it doesn't sound promising with the loose joints. I really hope I don't end up having to send this one back...

Back