20th Anniversary of Buffy in 2017 - will you want new collectibles?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rumor is he was making things tense so they interviewed him separately from the others (he isn't present in the group interview in the behind the scenes video) and they photoshopped him in the cover photo.

I wonder what they mean by 'tense'. I haven't seen any rumours myself, but he was photographed with Whedon and a few others behind the scenes.

tumblr_onlnn2YBSD1trp40so1_540.jpg

Last edited:
He seems cool with most of the guys, though maybe not everyone. Kinda sucks, but unless there was some scheduling issue, it does appear that Brendon was deliberately excluded from the group stuff for one reason or another.

Those pictures make me so nostalgic though. Shame Head couldn't make it. It's damn cute that they got Buffy's mum.

My guess is this photo was taken before things got..."tense". I doubt he has problems with most of them. I'm betting there's one or two that he doesn't get along with and that's why it's a problem. Does he have a problem with SMG or David Boreanaz? Marsters? I see nothing of him with those three.

JM he gets along with very well with him, and as for the rest well I believe so. But there's a problem with SMG? I honestly don't know.

I imagine it may have been a difficult reunion for Nicholas considering how bad things have gone for him in recent years. I mean life must have been pretty good for him during his Buffy years, but since then, it hasn't been.

He's the least accomplished out of all of them now. It's like going to your high school reunion and everyone has great careers or families and you're still single with a dead end job.

Plus his issues haven't been too private after that drama on the Dr Phil show.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My guess is this photo was taken before things got..."tense". I doubt he has problems with most of them. I'm betting there's one or two that he doesn't get along with and that's why it's a problem. Does he have a problem with SMG or David Boreanaz? Marsters? I see nothing of him with those three.

Guaranteed some of them don't get along that well. When I think of where I work and there's only about 20 of us, there are several of them that annoy the hell out of me. It's natural really because different personalities will clash.

I remember reading back in the Buffy days that Alyson and Emma were best friends and Amber didn't have her driver's licence so she didn't hang out with them so much. Alyson said about Sarah that she knew what everyone in Hollywood was doing (making her sound like a gossip really lol). I think Nicholas got along with most of the pretty well back then, times may have changed though I suppose.

As a woman I can say it's usually the women in the work place that have issues with each other. Too many female employees does not make for a pleasant workplace at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I still need to pick up the latest EW and check this article out. Brings back memories. :monkey2

As far as people being uncomfortable around Nicholas Brendon goes, it's important to remember that it isn't just about his alcoholism. He was arrested for assaulting his girlfriend. Sure, you can blame that on the alcoholism and depression and whatever else he's going through, but I can still see how that wouldn't have sat very well with some of the people from the show. If someone I knew beat up his girlfriend I wouldn't want anything to do with him.

I have no sympathy for NB. I honestly wouldn't want anything to do with him, either. I am fine if you think that's harsh but I don't tip toe around people just because they played a character in a show I love. He has is set of issues that I will never understand. I respect I will never understand them but I don't like it, I don't like him and that's that.

Boy, sing it from the bottom of my heart. :p

Urgh yeah even before the domestic violence occurred he'd made some pretty awful comments about women in general. Still in my case I never liked fictional-Xander very much either (for similar reasons to my dislike for the actor painfully, but that's a different matter).

On a similar topic, it was the Torchwood incident that made me decide once and for all to give James Marsters the benefit of the doubt about the nasty rumours surrounding the furore over those oh-so-pearl-clutching song lyrics (blown up as the whole ridiculous thing was anyway); anyone willing to risk getting fired from a lucrative contract because he thought sexual harassment was going on and thought he should check everyone was actually ok in the workplace is ok by me.

Honestly didn't know about NB and the assault, I just remember hearing about his alcohol issues.

I have no time for domestic abusers that's for sure. Same with Casey Affleck, his Oscar win didn't go down too well because of his history.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back