Action Figure 2017: Your Star Wars figure collecting resolutions!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny6666

Super Freak
Reaction score
Although 2015 and 2016 were undoubtedly banner years for Star Wars figure collecting (particularly for 6" and 1/6 collectors), 2017 is almost upon us - promising yet another new film in the main saga, and the (never ending?) continuation of releases from both vintage and modern lines.

So, what will be driving your Star Wars figure collecting (or lack of it) in 2017? Anticipation? Regret? Exhaustion? Indifference? Bankruptcy? Are you scaling up or scaling down? Buying in or selling out? Open slather or strict focus? Will you be happily all-inclusive in your collecting, or ruthlessly selective in order to 'thin the (ever-growing) herd'?

In short, what does your 2017 in Star Wars collecting look like?

Mine are to stick with iconic OT stuff. I'm too much of a completist to collect new figures, etc. I wish I could but I just don't have the room/$$$. If I had to choose the OT things have more meaning to me.

Now, if I can just get my daughter off of mickey/princess and into SW I'm golden!!!!

I'm definitely scaling down. Collecting OT Imperials like before, but getting more and more focused. I'l get some HT and SSC figures and maybe some statues, and of course some good props. But less than before.

I don't have a lot of cash to splash on the 1/6 market so I usually only buy figures of characters that I really like or the film they were in. To that end though I've decided that Kylo Ren Unmasked is one of those cases and if they make a 1/6 scale I will feel compelled to purchase that figure, really liking the Adam Driver scuplt from what limited pictures have been shown.

OT Imperials all the way.

And finally get my new display cabinet built so I can display my figures better, poor Darth Vader had been stuck in his box for to long now.

With the way this business works, 2017 is mostly wrapped for me. Exclusively Star Wars and avoiding anything fancy such as Gold, Chrome, porcelain pattern and other non movie related. So, roughly 20 active PO as i type and another handful with exclusives that will inevitably turn up later on. Add a few Movie Realization and the eventual Hasbro 4" Black Series if i can find them and that's pretty much my collecting program for 2017.

Just picked up Leia, so my OT Hot Toys collecting is done for now until I see how Yoda comes out, and I'll probably end up with the snowtroopers. I hated TFA so I was glad I was able to save money there, but unfortunately for my wallet, I loved Rogue One, so I'll be picking up at least the Death Troopers, Chirrut, Baze, Jyn and K2, and then hope they complete the crew with Cassian and Bohdi.

To try and balance my Marvel Collection with Star Wars. Star Wars is my favorite franchise, but I have double the amount of Marvel figures compared to Star Wars.

Also, I loved almost all of the characters in Rogue One, so I may have to start relocating stuff or buying some new shelves.

Hopefully limit myself, try not to double dip characters like I have already.

Buy Krennic along with some troopers and Tarkin. If Hot Toys don't make them then it's money saved for me.

Getting Rogue One's Vader then done for the year. Only collecting Sith Figures so it should be a nice and cheap year for me

I'm gonna get Jyn, K2SO, and Cassian (if they make one) from Rogue One. If she's still around and has a good deal next year, I might pick up Captain Phasma.

Well, my for sure arrivals in 2017 will be: TFA Han, TFA Luke, Jyn, SSC ESB Carbonite Solo, SSC ESB Rogue Group Luke.

The maybe list in 2017 is: TFA Finn, Yoda, K2 and a R1 trooper of some sort.

Don't see myself going beyond that.

Back