2017 new years resolution......................

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To quit making new years resolutions. They are stupid and pointless. Nothing will be any different on Sunday then is was on Saturday. If you were too weak to make needed changes on Saturday then you will still be too weak on Sunday. If you want to make changes then make them and stop pretending the date will make a difference.

Last edited:
so whats the freaks resolutions.......................
n9nE2rx.gif

That's about it :lol

1----quit cigs........saying that for 10 years----cut down to 1 to 2 a day for 2016......2017 trying for 0..................
2-----finish all unfinished projects..........

That's a fine goal, you can do it :hi5: Just say no

Do healthier things. Wish I could say try to not be so stressed, but that ain't gonna happen.
Good luck :duff Stress is killer, just smile and see the positive side of things :)
Find better hobbies
Quit procrastinating
Find a better church
Start a blog
Nice :clap I did that this year, easy enough so its a great goal to strive for :duff

This year I made a resolution to draw every day, and it was actually really nice for feeling like I accomplished something and for stress relief. I've managed to draw at least a little every single day, so next year I think I'll expand it to draw something and write something every day.

To quit making new years resolutions. They are stupid and pointless. Nothing will be any different on Sunday then is was on Saturday. If you were too weak to make needed changes on Saturday then you will still be too weak on Sunday. If you want to make changes then make them and stop pretending the date will make a difference.

Good resolution. Best of luck keeping it :duff

This year I made a resolution to draw every day, and it was actually really nice for feeling like I accomplished something and for stress relief. I've managed to draw at least a little every single day, so next year I think I'll expand it to draw something and write something every day.

:clap that's inspiring. I used to draw a lot, but I've let my life get too 'busy' to allow myself the luxury of creative drawing or writing. That wasted, empty, useless time I've spent posting on news forums will henceforth be spent writing stuff I actually get satisfaction from. Once I've managed this I'll try to expand my creative practice to drawing too :)

Reading or writing?

I spent a day by the river over Christmas and read my first novel since last Christmas. The story was ok, but just being there was brilliant. I read a lot of academic stuff and a lot of news/commentary. I'm never properly invested in it but it comes with the job unfortunately. I don't allow myself time for novels or really rewarding texts.

It's really hard when you're a caregiver and you get no help or relief.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be worth it, and you wouldn't get stronger for overcoming it, be stronger :1-1:
That's really awesome Billion :clap Congrats on sticking with it, you must be proud :hi5:

Good luck :duff Stress is killer, just smile and see the positive side of things :)

/QUOTE]

It's really hard when you're a caregiver and you get no help or relief.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody. My 71-year old mother is raising my useless teenage slut sister's child. He's got a new liver now, which cured his rare and highly challenging disease - but he's still an ADHD-style energetic little turd. After a lifetime of raising seven kids, she had plans. My sister opened her legs and put paid to that.

Caring is typically a thankless, relentless grind and no matter how much you love someone, what it comes down to is that you do it because you have no choice.

Maybe try to do at least one thing that is just for you and that has a lasting positive benefit - could be finding a random penpal, or a pedicure appointment or making a new meal or... whatever. Procrastination is a terrible habit that I'm guilty of too. My first step in 2017 to breaking that habit is to stop playing my stupid Farmville-style game and fill that time with reading a novel that I enjoy.

I do have chronic reader's block, but I think it has a lot to do with chronic writer's procrastination.

Given the amount of time I've wasted since I started writing this book, I should be on my third by now.

You're in good literary company. I think I've got one novel in me. I've set myself the very realistic deadline of finishing it before (if) I get to 70. But maybe I could tighten that up a bit as an incentive to make some progress. I've written two paragraphs, neither of which is especially good.

I have a sister who's written a NYT best-seller. Another sister is the better writer, but she self-sabotages and outside of her blog has nuthin to show for it. She's had a good publisher approach her on the strength of that blog, but she insists she's "not ready". Too busy making her coin stripping. When she realises that she's on the shelf for good and the publisher has long sailed all she'll be left with is what might've been.

:clap that's inspiring. I used to draw a lot, but I've let my life get too 'busy' to allow myself the luxury of creative drawing or writing. That wasted, empty, useless time I've spent posting on news forums will henceforth be spent writing stuff I actually get satisfaction from. Once I've managed this I'll try to expand my creative practice to drawing too :)

I honestly can't recommend it enough! I drew a lot when I was younger, but then life happened and I found myself not drawing anything at all for a few years. Making that resolution to absolutely carve out a little bit of time - doesn't have to be long, lots of times it was just 10-15 minutes - to do something creative every day was really great.

That's really awesome Billion :clap Congrats on sticking with it, you must be proud :hi5:

Haha, I've never actually completed a resolution before, so it's pretty exciting that I'm actually going to do it this year! It probably helped that it was a pass/fail sort of a resolution rather than something vague.

You're in good literary company. I think I've got one novel in me. I've set myself the very realistic deadline of finishing it before (if) I get to 70. But maybe I could tighten that up a bit as an incentive to make some progress. I've written two paragraphs, neither of which is especially good.

I have a sister who's written a NYT best-seller. Another sister is the better writer, but she self-sabotages and outside of her blog has nuthin to show for it. She's had a good publisher approach her on the strength of that blog, but she insists she's "not ready". Too busy making her coin stripping. When she realises that she's on the shelf for good and the publisher has long sailed all she'll be left with is what might've been.

That's sad. Knock some sense into her if you can...I know it's impossible for young people to understand the words "life is short", but if she has a talent and ANYONE is interested in paying her for it that should be priority #1. The writing not the stripping.

That's sad. Knock some sense into her if you can...I know it's impossible for young people to understand the words "life is short", but if she has a talent and ANYONE is interested in paying her for it that should be priority #1. The writing not the stripping.

:lol she's 36 freaking years old. Asian genes have let her stay in the market, but even so, she's getting long in the tooth. She's easily made and blown well over a million bucks.

:lol she's 36 freaking years old. Asian genes have let her stay in the market, but even so, she's getting long in the tooth. She's easily made and blown well over a million bucks.

its times like that, sometimes i wish i had a vajayjay

For some reason I got her mixed up with your...eh hmm..."useless teenage slut sister". At 36 there's no hope for her. :lol

Back