2013 SDCC/Ani-Com Predictions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe HT should work on fixing their current 1/4 scale Batman before making another one, lol.

My thoughts exactly. They've got a long way to go in the likeness department, if they want to go toe to toe with EB's Begins Batman and not have their asses handed to them.

When I was with Kato in HK, he told me that HT are doing a 1/4 BB to rival Enterbay's.

As good as HT can be, they will have a tough time beating EB's. Yes EB had some QC issues, which i was lucky enough to not get, on display the suit is damn near perfect. The only thing HT will 1up EB on is the base. The quality of EB rubber suit is fantastic, cowl sculpts, proportions, accessories hell even the stock cape was good even though i have a custom cape. Also the fact they give you 3 cowl sculpts and one unmasked sculpt. Im not an EB fanboy either the EB BB suit is the only Enterbay figure i own everything else is HT or SSC.

As good as HT can be, they will have a tough time beating EB's. Yes EB had some QC issues, which i was lucky enough to not get, on display the suit is damn near perfect. The only thing HT will 1up EB on is the base. The quality of EB rubber suit is fantastic, cowl sculpts, proportions, accessories hell even the stock cape was good even though i have a custom cape. Also the fact they give you 3 cowl sculpts and one unmasked sculpt. Im not an EB fanboy either the EB BB suit is the only Enterbay figure i own everything else is HT or SSC.

:exactly:

Will be insanely tough to top that.

I'm assuming that even though these may be considered con exclusives, we'll still be able to order them through sites like SS or BBTS, right? I'd be crushed if they finally showed the Arkham figures and they cost an arm and a leg to get on eBay because they weren't widely available.

seems like the arkham stuff is too big to be an exclusive. maybe a secondary character, but not the big ones ~ and those haven't even been revealed.

i'm guessing tdkr blake and something completely out of left field like prometheus. banner seems like the obvious choice, but they already did the marvel thing with spangly cap.

I'm assuming that even though these may be considered con exclusives, we'll still be able to order them through sites like SS or BBTS, right? I'd be crushed if they finally showed the Arkham figures and they cost an arm and a leg to get on eBay because they weren't widely available.

They will be sold on SS at retail price. If they are being sold on BBTS, I believe they are sold at a higher price depending on the popularity of the figure and they probably get a very small stock.

Isn't Arkham too popular to be relegated to the exclusive only domain? Isn't there always a new Predator figure every year? Blake as an exclusive doesn't bug me since he doesn't have much going on visually - either he's a beat cop or a plain clothes detective - he could use the damaged bat signal to spice up his release and give Gordon the repaired signal or vice versa - either way Blake needs more than a shotgun and a handsome mug to justify the higher cost you know they'll ask for ...

They will be sold on SS at retail price. If they are being sold on BBTS, I believe they are sold at a higher price depending on the popularity of the figure and they probably get a very small stock.

SS will have limited stock too. If its TDK related it'll sell pretty quickly. Gordon sold out within days and BBTF sold even quicker I believe. Of course C. America will probably still be available next year. It seems like an odd decision releasing another CA this year considering last years TFCA is still in stock.

It looks like the other 2 con HT exclusives are

969331_488136907937216_329501943_n.jpg

968826_488133104604263_1131979469_n.jpg

Evil CR Superman from Superman 3 and Willis from GI Joe

Last edited:
You guys seen this?

08la7p4.jpg

Google translate makes it even harder to comprehend, but some of the Chinese-speaking members of the OSR Facebook page says apart from the recently announced Captain America, other exclusives would be EVIL SUPERMAN from Superman III and one from GI Joe Retaliation (possibly Bruce Willis as Joe Colton, or Cobra Commander since there's this "Return of the Viper" statement LOL).

Here's the article from Hong Kong's Apple Daily

https://hkm.appledaily.com/detail.php?guid=18326953&category_guid=4104&category=daily&issue=20130708

It looks like the other 2 con HT exclusives are

1044183_488133097937597_1177779910_n.jpg

968826_488133104604263_1131979469_n.jpg

Evil CR Superman from Superman 3 and Willis fro GI Joe

Lol our posts coincided!:lol

EDIT: Last year we had Gordon as a rep of the DC Cinematic Universe, right? Makes sense since people were still hungover from TDKR then. I guess that's what's HT's thinking with the release of the Evil Supes while people are still Superman-frenzy with MoS?

Wait, does that thing say Evil Supes ES is only 600 and limited to HT VIP??? If so, prepare to feel the wrath of Krypton, HT. Seriously, GTFO with that.

Hell yeah, you do. That sequence is so iconic you almost forget it's from one of the worst films!

Plus, imagine how awesome it would be to have both displayed together. : lecture

Lol our posts coincided!:lol

EDIT: Last year we had Gordon as a rep of the DC Cinematic Universe, right? Makes sense since people were still hungover from TDKR then. I guess that's what's HT's thinking with the release of the Evil Supes while people are still Superman-frenzy with MoS?

Great minds!:hi5:

Back