1mod6 Voltí – Alternative power source for Hot Toys figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mod6

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi all,
I usually hang around in the DC-section and I just posted my latest TDK custom there.
But today I also want to share with you a product that me and my buddy Elektro had been working on since last year. It’s called Voltí. Voltí allows you to power up your HT figure using your home power outlet instead of batteries. Check out the video to get a better idea.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/_ezJb_1gKdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/_ezJb_1gKdg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You can find more info at https://www.1mod6.com/volti

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Website looks sketchy, but I hope you sell it on eBay so that buyers can have confidence, and can have PayPal-guarantee.

Website looks sketchy, but I hope you sell it on eBay so that buyers can have confidence, and can have PayPal-guarantee.

1mod6 is a STAND UP guy. I can vouch for him and a number of people here can also.

Excellent artist and wonderful person.

this is very interesting. might bite on this. you have listed those cabels for the the t600. could i use them also for the t800 and t700?

and what's up with the joker dx? :) will his eyes light up? :D

Thanks for the positive comments guys.

Yep, the site is still in beta form:eek:, but it should allow for the required functionality. Also all payments on the site goes thru PayPal.

1mod6 is a STAND UP guy. I can vouch for him and a number of people here can also.

Excellent artist and wonderful person.
Thanks for the positive words buddy:)

this is very interesting. might bite on this. you have listed those cabels for the the t600. could i use them also for the t800 and t700?
Basically each figure uses different kind of batteries/inner-wiring and requires therefore a unique Voltí Cable-Set or Voltí Single-Unit. I don't have the T800 or the T700 to test, but most likely you won't be able to use the T600 Cable-set to power them. The plan is to support more figures in the future, and the T700 is one of them.

Thrustmaster said:
and what's up with the joker dx? :) will his eyes light up? :D
:rotfl No, the Voltí is for the DX base only:lol.

great idea - i love it! i always thought something like this would be really cool and convenient. i may have to contact you at some point to get some.

So how does the Iron Man work since there are multiple switches - is it one unit or many?

So how does the Iron Man work since there are multiple switches - is it one unit or many?

You mean the Mark 2 & 3 right? They need only 1 Voltí. The Voltí for them has 3 connectors to replace all the batteries. So you can control each of the figure switches individually. The following video shows what I mean :).

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/sZpjNJ1AU4A&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/sZpjNJ1AU4A&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&ap=%2526fmt%3D18&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Would these work in the UK?
Yes, but the Voltí comes standard with an European (EU) electrical plug (2 round pins). And if I'm not mistaken, in UK you guys have 3 pins? If so, then you'll need an "EU to UK" plug converter. You can get them at your local electrical store.

Yes, but the Voltí comes standard with an European (EU) electrical plug (2 round pins). And if I'm not mistaken, in UK you guys have 3 pins? If so, then you'll need an "EU to UK" plug converter. You can get them at your local electrical store.

So it won't matter that the UK voltage is slightly different (240 volts)?
And will you be making a cable for HT War Machine?

So it won't matter that the UK voltage is slightly different (240 volts)?
And will you be making a cable for HT War Machine?

Correct, from what I understand from my buddy Elektro, it can work anywhere. You just need the right plug-converter.
I'll definitely be collecting the HT IronMan2 figures when I get a chance. So sooner or later there will be a Voltí for War Machine:wink1:.

Would prolonged use cause the LEDs to burn out or damage the figure? I'd like to leave these on at night in my display case so we're talking several hours every day.

Cool little innovation, this time next year we'll be millionaires Rodney!

Thats a great little gadget, are there plans to do it for larger pieces like Terminator busts ?

Little off topic, who made the Batman suit chamber I've never seen that one before

Would prolonged use cause the LEDs to burn out or damage the figure? I'd like to leave these on at night in my display case so we're talking several hours every day.
Each time you use whatever kind of LED, you are using up a little bit of its lifespan & brightness. Most decent LEDs nowadays have a lifespan of at least 25000 hours. The lifespan does not mean that the LED will burn out, but rather that the brightness will have dropped to 70%. This is important for LED TVs, but for a figure not so much.
The longest I had my figures on is about 48 to 72 hours during one of the test we did. My daily usage is also during the night, but I would advise turning them (or any other electrical device) off before going to sleep.

Cool little innovation, this time next year we'll be millionaires Rodney!
Hey Wookster, glad you liked it buddy.

Thats a great little gadget, are there plans to do it for larger pieces like Terminator busts ?

Little off topic, who made the Batman suit chamber I've never seen that one before
Thanks Nocturne. I'm mostly in to sixth scale, so I don't really have plan for bigger pieces. Basically we first need to get our hands on each item we want to power up so we can make & test a Voltí for them.

The Batman suit chamber is custom made by my self. Here's the thread.

Back