18" Mega Action Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I'd get it ASAP if you are on the fence. These will sellout, no question. And once Megatron shows up, the price on OP will skyrocket.

I think overall he does look great, and I do really love larger scale with great quality figures, but his shoulders are throwing him off for me. They're too blocky I think. If they were just a little smaller then I'd say he's arguably perfect.

20170423_115937 (2).jpg

Finally got some batteries for this. Beautiful! :woo Try not to re-pose it too much. The clicking sound on the joint makes me nervous. lol

I have this on pre-order in Hong Kong. Just havent figured out how to get it back to Canada.... It's so dang huge.
My faint hope is we will see a Jazz in this line. But reality will probably be a Bumblebee and Starscream concluding the line.

As a 1/6 only collector, it's about time a Transformer was release that went well with them. And this big guy is it. So far, he is my Figure of the Year. A pretty damn awesome figure.

optimus_prime_03.jpg

18" Mega Action Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME

Great pic!

That makes sense, and it's one of the reasons the HT version failed so miserably.

If you are a fan of the G1 cartoon from back on the day, I recommend checking at least one of the Masterpiece figures by Takara. You'll dig them.

Bit the bullet and ordered the big guy a couple days ago from BBTS and Holy **** !!! This has to be one of the best figures of all time - this represents Prime perfectly IMO (except for not transforming of course :lol - which isn't an issue for me in this case). I cancelled it during the winter and really regretted it - especially after it originally sold out. Wasn't going to miss a second opportunity though. I absolutely love this thing, this is the Optimus Prime that I've wanted since I was a kid. This is a total geek-out afternoon for me (as I have the '86 movie soundtrack crankin as I type this).:lol

Thanks Michael Mercy for the great review and the tip on the batteries. I'm definitely gonna stock up on the Energizer 377 (I'm glad they are so common).

Some Pics:

0629171430_HDR.jpg

0629171431_HDR.jpg

0629171432a_HDR.jpg

0629171432_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Back