18" Mega Action Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great review...hate I picked up the HTs version. Got scammed on that one. :slap

Thanks! :D Yeah, I didn't see the point of the Hot Toys Optimus. Wei Jiang's oversized MP Optimus is the same size and I prefer how it looks in bot mode, plus it transforms, and all for the low price of approx $100 shipped.

Great review...hate I picked up the HTs version. Got scammed on that one. :slap

*glances at HT collection made obsolete by updates*....

Don't feel too bad bro haha. Think of it as a lesson...anything that isn't iron man or batman will be around months after release. Personally speaking, I'm glad I dodged HT TF bullet. That's a scam and a half.

can i request a size comparison of MAS-01 and threeA's movie prime? :D

zvAsb2z.jpg

Both prime looks amazing! :clap Personally I prefer G1 prime. Looking like a BOSS! :rock

*glances at HT collection made obsolete by updates*....

Don't feel too bad bro haha. Think of it as a lesson...anything that isn't iron man or batman will be around months after release. Personally speaking, I'm glad I dodged HT TF bullet. That's a scam and a half.

Yeah...I've been doing this long enough to know better (I still have HTs Robocop & Predator "model kits") and I should have passed on that figure knowing that HTs would not be going any further with the line considering they primarily produce SW, Marvel and DC figs now.

They got me on that one...won't happen again.

Thanks! :D Yeah, I didn't see the point of the Hot Toys Optimus. Wei Jiang's oversized MP Optimus is the same size and I prefer how it looks in bot mode, plus it transforms, and all for the low price of approx $100 shipped.

My problem is I'm just a casual TF fan so I don't keep up with all the third party figs, imports and otherwise. Next time, I'll confer with the diehards first before I pull the trigger.

Yeah...I've been doing this long enough to know better (I still have HTs Robocop & Predator "model kits") and I should have passed on that figure knowing that HTs would not be going any further with the line considering they primarily produce SW, Marvel and DC figs now.

Could be worse, could be the suckers who dropped a K on the ultimetal Prime...

But they did go further. They released a 2nd Optimus Prime, this time with Megaton parts. LOL

18" Mega Action Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME

Could be worse, could be the suckers who dropped a K on the ultimetal Prime...

Hey! I'm one of those suckers! I'm deeply offended now. No one gets to call me out on how I spend money on my toys, damn it! Lol.

Hell! At least it's not 6.5K on a Joker 1/6 head! (True story) - see thread- its to die for.

In all honesty though, even though I don't regret it (UM Prime) I can see that we are all being screwed left and right with new companies releasing products and an affordable price while other companies keep raping us left and right (HT).

While I do prefer the aesthetic of the UM Prime, I'd be an idiot to deny how awesome this looks (and that price!). Mine is on my POL until Neca Raphael comes out.

Can't wait for Megatron (a silhouette was shown, so it's coming!) I'm in on this line as well as the UM one.

Yep since G1 Megatron is coming too Im on board just placed my order through BBTS.

Nice review BTW Michael.

Edit: Hes huge,glad I didnt spend a fortune on the smaller optimetal version
60ECE433-BB1C-45CF-A896-67494AA432B6_zpso7izjb5k.jpg

I actually prefer the optimetal prime, to me he's about as perfect of a rendition of classic prime as you can get. If money wasn't an option and I could just pick the prime I liked the most I'd go with the optimetal. I know he cost alot but I would say the people that do own him aren't concerned about money lol

Anyways I was going to get this prime but then Gcreation dropped their preorder for the IDW Prime and that pretty much whipped out my want of any other prime figures, but this guy still looks killer.

Re: 18" Mega Action Transformers OPTIMUS PRIME

Hey! I'm one of those suckers! I'm deeply offended now. No one gets to call me out on how I spend money on my toys, damn it! Lol.

Hell! At least it's not 6.5K on a Joker 1/6 head! (True story) - see thread- its to die for.

In all honesty though, even though I don't regret it (UM Prime) I can see that we are all being screwed left and right with new companies releasing products and an affordable price while other companies keep raping us left and right (HT).

While I do prefer the aesthetic of the UM Prime, I'd be an idiot to deny how awesome this looks (and that price!). Mine is on my POL until Neca Raphael comes out.

Can't wait for Megatron (a silhouette was shown, so it's coming!) I'm in on this line as well as the UM one.

Ok you're right, suckers was harsh my apologies. Ive spent more than I want to share on frivolous dollies and statues. My context was more in respect to what the companies are charging.

IMO while amazing it's not worth (to me) $800-$1000 but to the layperson out there my $250 isn't worth the dolly I buy so who am I to judge.

Just glad to finally get something that's fair in terms of price and what we're getting.

....wat?

o_O

Ok you're right, suckers was harsh my apologies. Ive spent more than I want to share on frivolous dollies and statues. My context was more in respect to what the companies are charging.

IMO while amazing it's not worth (to me) $800-$1000 but to the layperson out there my $250 isn't worth the dolly I buy so who am I to judge.

Just glad to finally get something that's fair in terms of price and what we're getting.

There's absolutely no reason to apologize man, I'm a sucker for nice Prime offerings, and proud of it! Lol.

Yes, the UM Prime was priced way up there, but the company that makes them is know for pricing things like that, as they do Chogokins and Diecast premium bots. I'm getting Ultra Magnus and Megatron if it ever gets released.

Personally, I think it's the best OP collectible ever made, one that will never leave my collection. I do wish it was more affordable though.

But you are right, it as about time we got affordable, amazing TF's, or collectibles in general from different companies!

It's no joke. It really isn't.

Some actually justify the price tag. It's downright insanity.

Back