Action Figure 18 inch spiderman from toybiz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csiddeshwar

Super Freak
Reaction score
This Was released around 10 years back. I got it from ebay recently (used piece as the unopened ones were very costly).
Great poseability and great sculpt (rare combination).
Started this thread for people to share their spider man figure poses. Here are some I could achieve with this one

Edited:added new photos to do justice to the figure w.r.t Image quality :) )

IMG_0460.jpgbw.jpgIMG_0479.jpgIMG_0468.jpg1s.jpgIMG_0461.jpgblack_spidy.jpgIMG_0484.jpg

Old ones in the post
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg

Last edited:
Best ever? Really? I would disagree my friend. Happy you like it. And got it. That's awsome man!

I just can't see it as best ever. There are so many epic figures out there. It is pretty impressive for its age.

Edited my post. My intent was to have people post their collection of spiderman action figures and poses here. But saw this going into a fight of opinions. Hence edited my post to avoid further such comments. I am new here :)

Edited my post. My intent was to have people post their collection of spiderman action figures and poses here. But saw this going into a fight of opinions. Hence edited my post to avoid further such comments. I am new here :)
Man, it's hilarious isn't it? They come out of the shadows right on queue don't they. All the stupid comparison posts & HT this & that. :slap :lol

I've got this excellent figure as well mate & I can't speak highly enough of it. It's well made, sturdy, insanely well articulated, sculpted very nicely, & isn't supposed to be some high end wanker's figure. It's a toy first - but a QUALITY one. It's obvious Toy Biz wanted to go for the comic book proportions coupled with the Raimi suit. Brilliant. It's also FAR better than anything NECA's done with their superhero characters, for the very reasons I mentioned. This thing will outlast all those high end figures - well after they're just piles of dust. It's literally one of my fave figures, period.

I got mine for an absolute steal on eBay a couple of years back, & I still can't believe it actually. These things go for a couple hundred bucks boxed, & they're usually pretty pricey loose too, if still in good condition. Mine was near mint thankfully, & I bought it from a local guy, so cheap shipping too.

This figure poses extremely well too; & while you've given some cool examples there, no offense csiddeshwar, but your pics don't quite do it enough justice. :lol That said, cheers for starting a thread for this figure - it more than deserves it's own thread. I'll try & post a pic or two when I can. :duff

Last edited:

Who cares what others have to say :dunno

If you think its the best, then its the best to you. End of story.

This figure poses extremely well too; & while you've given some cool examples there, no offense csiddeshwar, but your pics don't quite do it enough justice. :lol That said, cheers for starting a thread for this figure - it more than deserves it's own thread. I'll try & post a pic or two when I can. :duff

None taken :) because I agree. I took these with a mobile phone whenever I got some good pose. Was too lazy to take out my SLR and click a good photo with good lighting and background. I would appreciate it if you can post some. I'll also try to do the same.

Yup, I would always give credit to this figure for being an articulation marvel. A must-have for any Spidey-fan. Makes a good reference figure/art dummy too! :)

None taken :) because I agree. I took these with a mobile phone whenever I got some good pose. Was too lazy to take out my SLR and click a good photo with good lighting and background. I would appreciate it if you can post some. I'll also try to do the same.
Sorry mate, allow me to clarify. :lol

I didn't mean that your photos aren't great - they're fine, I just meant that this figure can be put into some incredibly realistic & natural poses, & your first pic shows that. You can literally make this guy do anything.

I think I got this for my 10th birthday in 2004. Still have it to this day. It holds up pretty well.

I love this Spidey figure. Bought mine new at ToysRus when they first hit the shelves. My brother still has one mint in box, but I had to take this guy out. Here is an old pic I took.

9705328450_2f2350b4e5_c.jpg

Sorry mate, allow me to clarify. :lol

I didn't mean that your photos aren't great - they're fine, I just meant that this figure can be put into some incredibly realistic & natural poses, & your first pic shows that. You can literally make this guy do anything.

Now I took offence :( because I thought I was a good poser...... Just kidding :) . I am learning. Started collecting only last year.
Please do post pics - that's why I started this thread. I needed to see how everyone pose their action figures. Especially Spiderman figures since they are so poseable. The HT ones are really restricted by the material they are wrapped in. I have the HT man of steel figure and I am really afraid while posing that I'll tear the material.

Now I took offence :( because I thought I was a good poser...... Just kidding :) . I am learning. Started collecting only last year.
Please do post pics - that's why I started this thread. I needed to see how everyone pose their action figures. Especially Spiderman figures since they are so poseable. The HT ones are really restricted by the material they are wrapped in. I have the HT man of steel figure and I am really afraid while posing that I'll tear the material.
That's why I love this figure!! :rock When they're all broken & disintegrated, this guy will be standing tall!:lol

No worries, I'll try & get some up in the next couple days. Great pic DEATHASYLUM - I see you also have one of the S2 6" figures, which are also still the best Spidey figures in that scale, no question.

Hey again. Sorry, if my post on my fave spider-man figure upset you. It wasn't meant to and I've deleted it to keep the focus on this figure and not others. Your original post said you think it's the best spider-man figure ever. Which of course is great for you and I'm pleased you like it (which I said before). Naturally, when you say best ever on a collector's forum you'll get the inevitable alternatives and people's views. That's all I was doing and the timing was funny as I had literally unboxed and displayed the HT amazing spider-man last night! :) It was not the only one I put on display. I also looked at Man of Steel and Iron Man Mark 42, both of which dwarf poor old Spider-Man on the display!

Switching comments like you have, now focuses the post on this particular figure, which seems to be what you want to do. Articulation wise, those joints do give a great load of options and it's nice to see a few people have this figure and are talking about it. Great! Me, I like the joints hidden on spider-man with a suit over the top, but like you say that does restrict posing to some extent. But heck, if we all liked the same thing, the world would be pretty boring!

That's why I love this figure!! :rock When they're all broken & disintegrated, this guy will be standing tall!:lol

No worries, I'll try & get some up in the next couple days. Great pic DEATHASYLUM - I see you also have one of the S2 6" figures, which are also still the best Spidey figures in that scale, no question.

Yeah, I have a few Spiderman figures. That S2 is the only one I kept mint on card. Fantastic little Spidey. Funny that I don't have a 1/6 version yet :lol

15871215179_02472cff52_b.jpg

16031493426_f2112cd36b_h.jpg

Nice DA. :rock

Do you guys have any of the Marvel Select figures? They've had their hits & misses, but I have three all time fave Marvel figures at the moment; this 18" Spidey, the Toy Biz Marvel Legends Sentinel BAF, & the Marvel Select Juggernaut.

One HELLUVA figure; a little work of art & sturdy as ****. :lol

Thanks guys :hi5:

I have a few Marvel Select, but Marvel Legends was my thing. I sold all my 12'' Legend figures due to space, but kept my little guys. I have several on the wall around my detolfs and a box of loose. Love those things.

I think this Spidey is their greatest figure.

Last edited:
Back