12" Zizzle Jack Sparrow custom progress

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, Depp is very tan (and dirty) in both movies, beware of lightening of skin in flash shots of him, and I think this will help your likeness immeasurably. And, if you actually add a bit more eyeliner around the eyes, where it blends out into the skin as it gets further away from them, that might help too.
You might lighten the eyebrows some. They are not that pronounced.

Sorry. I have looked at Depps face in detail for the last month. I could probably draw it from memory now.

Oh, and extend the red "scar" down just a bit on his right chin to down and around the edge a little more. It hides a spot where Johnny can't grow beard.

Otherwise, "not too shabby!" as Sean Connery says. :D

Oh, and add just a touch of five of clock shadow on his neck just under the beard area. This might blend and "sell' the connection a bit better. Just some thoughts.

Here's an interesting shot for some refs for you.

0j4.jpg

My first post, and say HI to everyone ^_^

Les's Jack really inspired me. I went to grab a Zizzle Jack immediately after saw Les's Jack.

Mine is still WIP. Almost done the head, and weathered outfit a bit. Here is the repainted head. Any suggestion ??

e032a938.jpg

Looks great Guyver, and welcome to the board!!!

Les, you said before you used real hair, but has it been mentioned how you got it like it is? (dreadlocked and attached?) I really like the way you did it and want to try it for myself, but for someone who's fairly new to this is it incredibly hard?

Man, I'm loving this thread......getting to see other collectors re-work their Jack Sparrows, and getting help from those who've already completed their customs......

here's an update......I 'dirtied' up the head some!

dirtyhead.jpg

also, I agree, We'd love a hair tutorial......I have bags of the stuff but I don't know how to attach it!

I wouldn't mind having some real dreadlocks........and maybe I'll do a cloth headband eventually.....

Last edited:
Nothing new from me today, waiting to find a good body for this guy.....might be a couple weeks before anything new happens with it......

then again, I may dedicate myself to improving it before I have the body.....

still need a boot pattern, if anybody's got one, please post a link.......

Back