12" SS SW Asajj pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
or it could be her sabers joined together to make her double bladed "S" saber.

nash said:
or it could be her sabers joined together to make her double bladed "S" saber.

Agree.

Or the nunchuck sabers from the Battlefront II. Man that game and GTA:SA are old, but I can't stop playing them.

Wor-Gar said:
Here's those same lighter pix I did in B/W so you can see her even better...

101906_asajj-BWcu.jpg

101906_asajj-BW.jpg

She definitely has the cheek bones if not the snarl. And it looks like they went with white eyes.

The outfit looks very cool -- a cross between the CW outfit and some of the newer artwork (although the neck piece doesn't spill over the shoulder... and the "skirt" is missing something. Didn't she have some patterned thing draping down?)
I'm not saying thsi disdainfully, but I bet the sculpt is the a re-use of a female likeness sculpt that didn't turn outas what they expected and so they're reusing it for this case.
because Andy talked about the how sideshow attempted 4 times to get the Sarah OConnor likenss sculpt, and neither of the sculptors could get it, except trevor. so Maybe this is one of the sculpts that didn't turn out to be Sarah, but could easily work for Assaj?

haha, I like how both forums have already manipuated the "sneak peaks" so that its not much of peak lOL!!!!!:rolleyes: :rotfl

I'll say this again for the record.... This is a completely original, NEW head sculpt. Not a Padme re-hash, not a past rejected portrait, etc.... A BRAND NEW sculpt.

That is all. :)

Andy Bergholtz said:
I'll say this again for the record.... This is a completely original, NEW head sculpt. Not a Padme re-hash, not a past rejected portrait, etc.... A BRAND NEW sculpt.

Hey Andy, just for the record, did they re-use the Padme sculpt for Asajj???

Sorry, I resort to sarcasm as my defense mechanism.

Andy Bergholtz said:

haha, i'm not saying its bad at all.:monkey3
i mean, it'd be most economical if they just did that because assaj never came out in the movie I don't recall, so any female face should work..:lol

btw andy, nice new site layout thingy for the galery :D !

But how much of a sculpt does she really require? She's a bald white chick with no eyes. Her total paint aps will be 2 eyebrows and her lips.

She has no real life counterpart and the only real time she's been shown on film she's been a cartoon.

I'm sorry to you SSC guys but she seems like a quick, easy figure that was produced to make a buck. Considering her simplicity, it should be no surprise to anyone here that her completed images have been shown before Padme.

I was figuring the SSC artists would have been itching to do more complicated character designs by now. If you want to do a female figure with no exposed joints where's Shaak Ti? Or one of the umpteen Queen Amidala costumes?

So far we have only seen a bunch of male Jedi (all basically the same costume) and a Han. Leia Boussh seems like she'll be the most impressive of the 12" line yet if she turns out as good as the prototype but it's been a year now and I'd had hoped we'd at least have seen an elaborate costume or an armored soldier by now.:confused:

With the gazillion fantastic characters that were IN the 6 movies, why SSC is bothering to do ones that weren't in anything but a 5 min cartoon is beyond me.

*Go ahead and flame away* but I'm sure I'm not the only one who shares this opinion, probably just the only one here willing to admit it.

Poggle the Greater said:
...I'm sorry to you SSC guys but she seems like a quick, easy figure that was produced to make a buck...

Hey, I'm not saying the portrait was difficult, just that it's an original sculpt and in no way a re-hash. And even though the portrait was easier to sculpt than others in the line, I guarantee that's the ONLY element of the figure to which that statement applies. This figure is actually as complex (or more, in certain aspects) than many other existing figures in the line.

Sunohc-- Thanks re: the website! I'm glad someone noticed. :)

Poggle the Greater said:
But how much of a sculpt does she really require? She's a bald white chick with no eyes. Her total paint aps will be 2 eyebrows and her lips.

She has no real life counterpart and the only real time she's been shown on film she's been a cartoon.

I'm sorry to you SSC guys but she seems like a quick, easy figure that was produced to make a buck. Considering her simplicity, it should be no surprise to anyone here that her completed images have been shown before Padme.

I was figuring the SSC artists would have been itching to do more complicated character designs by now. If you want to do a female figure with no exposed joints where's Shaak Ti? Or one of the umpteen Queen Amidala costumes?

So far we have only seen a bunch of male Jedi (all basically the same costume) and a Han. Leia Boussh seems like she'll be the most impressive of the 12" line yet if she turns out as good as the prototype but it's been a year now and I'd had hoped we'd at least have seen an elaborate costume or an armored soldier by now.:confused:

With the gazillion fantastic characters that were IN the 6 movies, why SSC is bothering to do ones that weren't in anything but a 5 min cartoon is beyond me.

*Go ahead and flame away* but I'm sure I'm not the only one who shares this opinion, probably just the only one here willing to admit it.
quite understandable but i stand by my theory that sideshow will like to make this star wars line go as long as it can, so they'll have to go around through every character and space themselves out so not all the major characters are taken care of, then the fans would die down lol!

Andy Bergholtz said:
This figure is actually as complex (or more, in certain aspects) than many other existing figures in the line.

Could you elaborate how so?

I'm sincerely curious. I'm not trying to slam you guys. If anything I think your talents are being wasted doing figures such as this.

I know since it's not a "real" character you have no costume refereces other than the cartoon and comics but other than that she seems like she should be half the cost for SSC to produce.

I'm just really surprised that you guys aren't more eager to really blow our socks off by doing some movie character who has an amazing costume.
I know that if I worked for SSC and had the entire Star Wars sandbox to play in, I'd be putting out such a varied lot of movie characters that the collectors wouldn't see what hit them each time one was revealed.

It's been a year now with this line and you guys have enough years of experience already making 12" figures that you shouldn't be intimidated to make the harder stuff by now.

Poggle the Greater said:

I'm sincerely curious. I'm not trying to slam you guys. If anything I think your talents are being wasted doing figures such as this.

I know since it's not a "real" character you have no costume refereces other than the cartoon and comics but other than that she seems like she should be half the cost for SSC to produce.

I'm just really surprised that you guys aren't more eager to really blow our socks off by doing some movie character who has an amazing costume.
I know that if I worked for SSC and had the entire Star Wars sandbox to play in, I'd be putting out such a varied lot of movie characters that the collectors wouldn't see what hit them each time one was revealed.

It's been a year now with this line and you guys have enough years of experience already making 12" figures that you shouldn't be intimidated to make the harder stuff by now.

Maybe its not 100% their choice... Maybe George is "telling" them to spread the line around a bit to kick some more interest into the tv show that won't have any of the regular characters in it??? Just a thought.

the costume is pretty elaborate.
and that pretty much explains most of it.

because the cost of sculpting a headsculpt
to a toy company is nothing compared to the cost of molds, factories, paint apps, costume, packaging, etc

its not even 1%, sadly, and yet the sculpt is so vital to the final market success

and I believe the paint apps might be interesting

madden821 said:
Maybe its not 100% their choice... Maybe George is "telling" them to spread the line around a bit to kick some more interest into the tv show that won't have any of the regular characters in it??? Just a thought.

exactly my point

sunohc said:
quite understandable but i stand by my theory that sideshow will like to make this star wars line go as long as it can, so they'll have to go around through every character and space themselves out so not all the major characters are taken care of, then the fans would die down lol!

But making a bunch of the lamest ones first could also have a negative impact on the line.

First off, no one has said for sure how long SSC has this license other than "a long time" but given that they've only produced 10 figures in a year and SW has literally a thousand fantastic designs , they'd have to have it for another 20 years to get even most of the ones Hasbro has done in 3 3/4 form and I highly doubt they have a guarantee on it for a 3rd of that time.

Because no one has been specific about it, who knows that Hasbro isn't just passing over the 12" license to them in good faith but could suddenly yank it away in 3 years to capitalize on it themselves again? SSC gets the dying Star Wars 12" license back in swing and then Hasbro decides to cash in on it and attempt to make some newfangled "12 Collector Series" of their own. If you've been a longtime Hasbro collector you'll know that you really can't put anything past what kind of dumb crap they will pull on collectors.

Don't get me wrong, I hope SSC has the license for until they do every character in all 6 films, but it realistically just ain't gonna happen. Therefore I'd prefer they work to make as many varied characters as possible and stop this "7 Jedi in a row" (even when Plo Koon was announced I saw a lot of 'oh boy, another Jedi' around the collector community) mixed in with one Leia or alien out of a years worth of figures.

If you own the Visual Dictionaries of the SW films you should go have another glance at them and realize just how varied and amazing this SSC line could be if they stopped taking the easy road making so many of the same "categories" and really took some chances to make a collection worthy of the diversity of the movies.

The fact they are already getting into the EU (which I cannot stand in case you haven't noticed) is just insult to injury to me.
Even though most here seem to be very excited to have Asajj, I predict the slow sales of her figure will prove my feelings represent a large majority of SW fans. It's a given that some on this particular forum (and many SW collectors in general) would give a "Looks great! I'm buying 3!" if SSC made a lump of poo in a box and slapped a SW logo on it but given how there's been an obvious decline in sales over the last half of the line, I'd hope SSC at least starts to take the high road and give us the figures we very obviously want.
The Endor troopers still sit available but had it been a Clonetrooper,Tusken Raider or even a Jawa it would have sold out in minutes like the figures at the beginning did.

When I heard SSC was going to make this line I know personally those and the rest of the iconic movie characters were what I was excited for, not halfass EU characters whose designs weren't even good enough for the movies.

I know SSC is made of true fans but at the same time they are a business, one that this SW license is making very rich I'd imagine. Given that, I hope the newfound wealth they stand to gather from this line doesn't blind them from making what a "true fan" would want instead of taking the cheap route and pumping out rehashed costumes (Plo Koon anyone?) or lame EU characters in costumes that are in no way in league with the ones from the 6 films.

Poggle the Greater said:

The difficulty lies mainly in the design, engineering, and fabrication of the costume (and accessories). In other words, everything besides the portrait. ;)

Poggle the Greater said:

Just because some of the more complicated characters may take a while to come to fruition doesn't mean anyone's "intimidated", lol. The "hard stuff" by nature usually takes a lot more work and R&D, so some of those figures may naturally come later in the line. Like you said it's been about a year now on this line, and Sideshow has already announced 6+ of the most important characters in the entire film franchise, what's wrong with having a little fun now and then with some side characters? I'll admit that a lot of the Sideshow crew are in geeky love with Asajj, we actually think it's a pretty cool addition. And SS is in this for the long haul, I don't understand the rush to get all the major characters on the market. Star Wars has been a cultural phenomenon for 30 years, I don't think the popularity is going to vanish any time soon. :) I personally don't think the pace of the line has been unreasonable...?

edit: It's obvious that you have a sizeable chip on your shoulder about the EU, and that's fine... Just understand that not everyone shares your exact feelings on the subject. Maybe someday Sideshow will be able to produce a product line specifically designed around your personal preferences... But until then I guess you'll just have to deal with one or 2 releases that aren't your cup of tea. ;)

And on a side note.... If you're so convinced that Asajj is soooooo lame and will "struggle" with sales, how exactly does that equate to her being a quick, easy figure "produced to make a buck"?

Last edited:
madden821 said:

Being a longtime Star Wars collector and seeing the myriad of absolute crap that Hasbro and other companies have produced, I highly doubt the hand of LFL is directing what they choose to make.

If anything I wonder if LFL even gives half the junk that bears the SW logo a second's glance during licensing. They think (and partially know) that anything SW is going to make a buck and as long as collectors keep buying it, who's to say they're wrong?

Andy Bergholtz said:
edit: It's obvious that you have a sizeable chip on your shoulder about the EU, and that's fine... Just understand that not everyone shares your exact feelings on the subject. Maybe someday Sideshow will be able to produce a product line specifically designed around your personal preferences... But until then I guess you'll just have to deal with one or 2 releases that aren't your cup of tea.
:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:clap:clap

Andy said:
And on a side note.... If you're so convinced that Asajj is soooooo lame and will "struggle" with sales, how exactly does that equate to her being a quick, easy figure "produced to make a buck"?

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Beautifully put Andy!!!!!!

Andy needs to visit more often :lol

If Bib Fortuna, who is the absolute lamest character in the whole saga, toon and comics sold, I'm sure Asajj will have no problem.

Back