12" SS SW Asajj pic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW!!! That's a bit more of a teaser than I was expecting to get. Looks amazing so far, can't wait to see more of her.

Not a fan of any EU character, especially one as bland to me as this one.

I guess it's good news to some but with so many countless better designed characters from the movies to be done, I'm a little baffled at why SSC is doing this (and snowbunny Padme) so early in the line.

I'd be surprised that many fans would want this over a movie character.
If they felt the urge to do a pale bald chick I'd rather have seen Aurra Sing.

Yep - what's this "early in the line" crap ? As soon as they do all the major characters I'd bet the line will basically die. If they do more minor characters in between then it will keep the line going longer and produce more overall figures. I think there's enough hard core collectors out there that will get almost any 12" that SSC produces anyway. A good decision by SSC imho.

Well I cant wait to see this figure in good lighting. I really hope they come out with a whole line of Clone Wars figures or at least a bunch of cool Jedi to go along with the Padme and Asajj.

People have an easier time paying $50-60 for a named character that did something be it in the movies or EU than they do paying the same amount for, say, Background Imperial #12.

Here's a lightened up version to see a little more detail...

101906_asajj-lightened.jpg

asajjlightened.jpg

why does it seem like she has a "luke" expression?

Asajj is supposed to be one evil B****.

Memnoch21 said:
People have an easier time paying $50-60 for a named character that did something be it in the movies or EU than they do paying the same amount for, say, Background Imperial #12.

I disagree. Especially considering that people bought a $60 Endor troop, arguably the lamest troop design in the films.

Personally I'd buy a standard Imperial Officer over an EU character. To me the EU stuff is sort of embarrassing to the films. The stories and characters are too Sci-Fi channel fodder to me. Lucas just lets 3rd party people throw the SW name on whatever as long as he makes a buck off it.

There's a reason designs like Asajj didn't make it into the films and that was because she wasn't up to the quality of the rest of the designs, plain and simple.

I'm betting this figure will be the weakest selling figure of the SW line yet.
There are far more SW fans like myself who are purists to the films and think the EU is crap than the numbers who read the books.

To each his own though I guess but I know I wouldn't pay $30 for this figure.

Poggle the Greater said:
Looks to me as if it could almost be the Padme headsculpt tweaked slightly.

That could explain how it's gotten done so quickly also.
That was my first thought when I saw the picture.

It's also much easier for a character who has no actor/actress connected with it to get through the approval process. Likeness approvals for actors can definitely bottleneck production (or so I've been told). Needless to say, the Production team also figured that there needed to be a Dark Side, Sith bald chick to even out the goodie-two-shoes, sweet-as-pie Ilum Padme bald chick :D

jason2885 said:
That was my first thought when I saw the picture.

The eyebrows, cheekbones and overall angular shape of the face gives me that impression very strongly.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who saw it.

If that is the case then maybe it's not so much a matter of SS deciding this character deserves a figure as much as they said "hey, we can kill two birds with one stone and use the Padme sculpt to make a seperate figure".

Though I see the likeness to the Padme sculpt, I really doubt that SS is reusing a sculpt. I could see other, lesser companies doing that, but not SS and certainly not with this line.

Back