12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So whats the deal with SS Henry Sr.?

I'm based in the uk and have never saw one of these when it was new, either in any online stores like Forbidden Planet or Play or even Amazon. And now its a little older they literally NEVER come up on Ebay (I have several Saved searches) so whats the deal? was he made in Ultra small quantities? or is he so good that no-one gets bored and sells him on....The Medi shows up quite often but the Sideshow never does.... Seriously, Its like the never existed at all.....

Re: So whats the deal with SS Henry Sr.?

I bought one last week here in the market section :)

While it is a good figure.. there are better options for building a custom Sr that will cost pretty much the same... go with the Headplay Sr head.. much better paint apps... I used the suit and bowtie from the medicom Sr as it is far better quality.. especially the tie as it is real cloth... plus ACI makes functional 1/6 umbrellas that are fantastic... . you should consider doing one up yourself.. here's a set of photos of mine with this gear...
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101591

only problem is that those hats are no longer available...

My Henry is pretty similar to Mikes awesome custom With the exception that it does indeed use the sideshow parts. The tie is much worse I built my own fabric one withnaccurate pattern, but personally I'm partial to the sideshow suit. iMO the medicom one seems a bit tiny and thick to me, a little more doll like to me sideshows has the extra detailings on the Brest of the suit.

I also went with the version 2 headplay head as I feel it's a better quality sculpt and has more emotion.

I built him on a thin TrueType with a fatsuit that I thinned out underneath the suit to help give him more weight amd used ankle extenders to give him height. This got the suit to where i want it.

I would post pics but I'm waiting for that damn ACI umbrella to come out, I hav the DID ome but it does not have the handle. The aci one is completely removed from eBay now! Maybe it's cancled

My other mods were painting his goatee stache a bit darker.

Also I got mine off eBay a few months back. It was used and it cost me 75 bucks. Quite a steal, u are right u never see them on eBay!

I ordered the v1 head. The v2 didn't have the right eyes for me...i love the ss head but it is to big...do the truetype bodies work with sideshow parts? I gota lincoln body lying around..for henry senior?

While it is a good figure.. there are better options for building a custom Sr that will cost pretty much the same... go with the Headplay Sr head.. much better paint apps... I used the suit and bowtie from the medicom Sr as it is far better quality.. especially the tie as it is real cloth... plus ACI makes functional 1/6 umbrellas that are fantastic... . you should consider doing one up yourself.. here's a set of photos of mine with this gear...
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101591

only problem is that those hats are no longer available...

Forbiddenplanet.com and Play.com had him early on, I think, but I was looking for him at one point last year and found literally nothing in the UK. He has come up on evilbay a couple of times since, so hang in there and he'll probably show up just as you start to lose interest!

If you were to use the headplay head, where would you find glasses for him ?
What is the difference between v1 and v2 ? (pics or link please)

And the sideshow glasses work nicely too. Pretty much those two are the only options... He has special frameless glasses... Speilberg wanted the glasses look but didn't want to cover up sir Sean's face so the designers put together special frameless glasses for henry.

Which sucks cause I piecemealed my Henry Sr. together when it first came out and the glasses are the one thing I couldn't get.
(Could have bought the SS grail diary but, instead, I made my own that isn't static and stuck open)

I was using the glasses from the Medicom Henry until I lost them. :mad:

Now I am using the glasses from the ARTFX Henry. I was able to get him for $17.00 when he was for sale on the Redfordfilms website. They work pretty well too!

Looks like Apple nixed the Did Jobs figure anyway... Did got a cease and desist order from Apple on producing the figure as they did not have license to produce the likeness... oh well... I at least wanted those specs for my Toht figure !

My SS Henry Jones sr Repainted HS + changed body with HT's

They are not my work actually, i only photographed them :)
Repainted by my friend, Duabelas

KP1_7805.jpg

KP1_7758.jpg

KP1_7785.jpg

KP1_7794.jpg

Sean Connery (6 feet and 2 inch) is taller than Harrison Ford (6 feet)
KP1_7834_800.jpg

Without being photoshoped (Raw images)

Henry_TwoSide_01800.jpg

Henry_TwoSide_02800.jpg

henry_comparation800.jpg

Back