12" Sideshow Henry Jones Sr

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of hard to find accessories, I was looking for the Sideshow hat but just decided to "fix" my Medicom instead - heat gun and cold water to reshape and then black spray paint through burlap for the texture/pattern. Looks great from typical viewing distance. I have all the Medi accessories on a Hot Toys TTM22 Slim after breaking the very poor-quality Medi body at the waist.

I'd love a repainted Sideshow head sculpt or at the very least to modify the Medi and get that repainted too - I feel the factory paint app on both are bad, and the Medi has so little paint it's pretty much a Hasbro-like release.

I felt like the factory paint on the Sideshow one was actually pretty decent, compared to some of the other SSC Indy releases.

The Indy SSC sculpt by Trevor is excellent, but the factory paint kills it, so yeah, I agree, the other releases are quite a bit worse than Jones Sr.
But I also feel the Sr. paint app doesn't help the sculpt to look like Connery, versus a couple of amazing repaints I've seen.

Likewise on the Medi, even though the sculpt is off in some areas (nose and lips), and it still looks a lot like Connery in-hand especially… A good repaint would probably improve it a lot.

I still think this figure rocks. One of Sideshow's best as-is.

Yep, it displays beautifully even today without any mods. The one thing I did was bought the Medi cloth bowtie and put it on this figure, but that's minor. He isn't quite tall enough but pull the footpegs out a bit and it works.

Finally I could upgrade my favorite Indy figure from Sideshow!
The bowtie from Medicom may seem a little too big, but in hand it looks so much better than the plastic one from Sideshow.
Also changed the shirt to a sharper better cut one.
Already put him on Hot toys body, but now I look at the photo his shoulders seems so narrow...

Now really would love to find the grail tablet.
If someone please can help me, that would be incredible.
Fingers crossed.

Nice job! I'm pretty content with the stock Henry, except maybe for the body which makes him look a little dumpy in the original shorter Pro.

Finally got around to repainting my Henry Sr figure. With the lack of detail I was kinda limited in what I could do (especially when it came to the beard), but I still think it turned out pretty decent in the end. And I also padded the torso and made him a little taller which I think helped minimize the large size of the head a bit.

And I wasn't able to find a Medicom bowtie anywhere so had to try to make my own (which might have ended up a tad too big, but oh well). :)

hjones (844x1000).jpg

IMG_20160817_004216 (551x900).jpg

image_7600_-506187081 (590x900).jpg

And here he is with Indy

20160817_222410 (595x900).jpg

Davejames those 2 looks great. (biggest surprise is to see the old Indy sculpt looking impressive after the latest new custom releases!)

I think you even make Henry looking better with a new nicely cut shirt (especially the collar) - just my idea, not bad critic -
Have been looking for that loose medicom necktie for years, but found one on ebay (not cheap, but still better than buying a complete figure just for this small part)
The search is worth it, so keep looking. -fingers crossed-
Myself still looking for the exclusive loose tablet, came close few times, no luck yet...

Really nice looking team.

Paint looks great. Trevor did a awesome job with the sculpt. I switched mine over to a HT body making him just a bit taller than Indy.

Just got Henry off eBay a few weeks ago! Great addition to my still growing Sideshow Indy collection!

8fb439cb40af37f074ba719d7eb3c495.jpg

ae13384e610d79c7589a63ce588c13e7.jpg

Jones, Henry Jones

65c0438f3eccfdb26e289c5de0cb1583.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get the feeling his passing will bring the idea of doing a higher-end custom run to the forefront. Maybe.

Back