12" Moses-Men of Faith Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think TGSET is a very good film, and has a lot going for it, but it always struck me as being very cold, and almost devoid of emotion. So far, I think the closes thing we have to a definitive Christ film is Cecil B. DeMille's 1927 King of Kings. He knew how to take the Gospels and turn them into an entertaining film, filled with pageantry, sex, and melodrama, while still being reverent, moving and faithful to the source material.

Too many Jesus movies, are either too preachy and churchy (which is understandable, but doesn't make for a great film,) or miss the point (In the 1961 version of King of Kings, the villains have more screen time than Jesus!)

While often overlooked as an auteur in this day and age, DeMille was a master of his craft, and could take the preachiest material and make it lurid and entertaining, while still getting the point across. To this day, I still don't think his 1956 Ten Commandments has been topped as the definitive Exodus film.

TPOTC isn't a documentary. It's an authentic live action Passion Play (Stations of The Cross reenactment), complete with Aramaic, Latin, and Greek dialog just like Passion Plays have been for centuries. I don't know where people are getting this notion that it's supposed to be an historical piece.

BTW, I think the way Jesus is depicted in his brief parts in BEN-HUR (1959) is spot-on perfect. You never once even see his face, but it's as powerful and straight-forward as any screen depiction of Christ. Gives me chills every time.

Last edited:
BTW, I think the way Jesus is depicted in his brief parts in BEN-HUR (1959) is spot-on perfect. You never once even see his face, but it's as powerful and straight-forward as any screen depiction of Christ. Gives me chills every team.

I agree wholeheartedly. The very best Jesus films are the ones where his presence is felt, but he isn't actually the central character. Like BEN-HUR and THE ROBE.

I find it fascinating as this is almost inline with Islamic theology, which forbids showing images of any of the Prophets, including Jesus. Even in Christianity, where many believe Jesus to be God in the flesh, how can you put a face to God? Not showing Jesus' face but still getting the message across is a very powerful device that works on many levels.

I agree wholeheartedly. The very best Jesus films are the ones where his presence is felt, but he isn't actually the central character. Like BEN-HUR and THE ROBE.

I find it fascinating as this is almost inline with Islamic theology, which forbids showing images of any of the Prophets, including Jesus. Even in Christianity, where many believe Jesus to be God in the flesh, how can you put a face to God? Not showing Jesus' face but still getting the message across is a very powerful device that works on many levels.

Agreed. And the water scene in BEN-HUR. Wow. Both of them, actually.

Putting a face on Jesus is showing the man part of Him. If you believe he was God then he was 100% God and 100% man according to the scriptures and I know that Ill get flamed for that not making sense but whatever. Another reason for its importance is that God could have sent anything, but he sent himself through his son Jesus which was God in the flesh. It is vital to believers, or at least Ill speak for myself, that Jesus was a man because if he wasnt he could not have died for our sins. Using a human visage for Christ is a reminder of that.

SO . . .

Did anyone within this thread ask for a 1:6 figure of "Charles Darwin"?

How about a 1:6 figure of "Clarence Darrow" or "William Jennings Bryan"?

Would a 1:6 figure LUCIFER/SATAN be considered appropriate? If not, why?

1:6 food for thought . . . or lively discussion.

In reference to an earlier post, I too would welcome a 1:6 line of WOMEN OF FAITH LINE . . . such as RUTH, HANNAH, and MARY . . . maybe even a 1:6 EVE?

One reason I believe that the 12" MOSES figure is generating discussion and interest is that it is not (from we can tell so far) a 1:6 cheesy/hokey figure of dubious design and articulation as we've seen from similar figures of different scale. In a way, it's been done "respectfully" and "right" . . . until one of us actually acquires one and possibly discovers something different.

SO . . .

In reference to an earlier post, I too would welcome a 1:6 line of WOMEN OF FAITH LINE . . . such as RUTH, HANNAH, and MARY . . . maybe even a 1:6 EVE?

One reason I believe that the 12" MOSES figure is generating discussion and interest is that it is not (from we can tell so far) a 1:6 cheesy/hokey figure of dubious design and articulation as we've seen from similar figures of different scale. In a way, it's been done "respectfully" and "right" . . . until one of us actually acquires one and possibly discovers something different.

I'm pretty sure that you haven't read the previous postings in this thread, as several have already ordered, received and posted pics of the figure and were quite impressed with it's design and detailing.

The other questions were asked and answered as well.

SO . . .

A few of us already have the 12" Moses (I got him first)
:dunno

Darwin,Darrow,Bryan have nothing to do with the Bible... :dunno

There wont be Satan figure...the line is called "Men of Faith" :dunno

I'm pretty sure that you haven't read the previous postings in this thread, as several have already ordered, received and posted pics of the figure and were quite impressed with it's design and detailing.

The other questions were asked and answered as well.
--

Thank you.

At 380+ posts . . . I have a lot of reading up/catching up to do.

Clearly it's time for me to un-tag this de-evolved thread.

The religiosity and back and forth banter is just so utterly pointless here at a COLLECTIBLES FORUM...

NamePlate.jpg

Built a new face for the front of the base... that's what this one is about for me...

so, ...

-who have ordered this?
-have y'all received it yet?
-did y'all pay the advertised price, or the increased ebay price?
-whatcha'll think, including the lurkers?

it's a great figure!!! bought it off their site...

Best Ten Commandments Heston Moses we're EVER gonna get!!!
there you go!
-r.

it's a great figure!!! bought it off their site...

Best Ten Commandments Heston Moses we're EVER gonna get!!!
there you go!
-r.

true, but their site says either buy from China, or buy from ebay.
They're quoting $69 for the figure, but on ebay, charging $79

Bought mine from the site for the advertised price. Was shipped on Monday, and the mailman actually attempted to deliver it today but I wasn't home from work yet. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow. 5 days from Hong Kong to the US is pretty impressive.

Back