12" lotr line on hold

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Maybe after The Hobbit comes out this line will pick back up? :dunno

Thats what I am hoping for and I think thats what sets this "On Hold" apart from Buffy, Angel, PotA, etc... There is still life in this line yet....

:lol

Another thread on this topic. This alone should tell sideshow that there are enough fans who want to finish this line through.

All it says is that 50 or so of us really favor it, the boards aren't used to gauge such things, SSC's even said so around here.

On Hold... where great lines go to die.

Hard to say if anyone thing was a line killer, figures in general were great. But a few flubs and less interest than other lines is probably the likely causes.

Ultimately, it was the pacing that killed it I think. When you've got your own Star Wars line rolling with a great pace, almost hard to keep up with at times, and Hot Toys and Medicom going fairly strong with their lines, you're competing for that $$$ and it seems like the biggest factor for 1/6 buyers is pace and fullness to the line/collection. LOTR was slow and isn't close to complete, 2 big negatives hurting it. Sure figures may sell out, but in the end, Sideshow's looking beyond just selling the figures. They have to decide if they want to open more production factories, bring on more employees, etc., and I'm guessing that while the line was successful by itself, it's success compared to other successes at Sideshow got them thinking it wasn't worth the resources.

Yeah, but if the figures sold better (whatever that would be) I think they would have invested more in it. But I'm just pretty annoyed that we only got 7 figures and the only non-Fellowship figure as Faramir :monkey4 What a waste of a figure in line that is now "on hold" with no villians.

well they spent that money with hot toys developing the smaller body and besides hobbits and dwarfs how are they going to make their money back? short round is one figure and how many zombie kids can they sell at $60-$70

they should have put out a disclaimer!!!

"We Might no Complete the Fellowship due to other Cash Cows. Thank You for donating your money!"

Crapola!!!!!

I figure they'll be using it across lines... but I was hoping it would at least mean Gimli, Merry and Pippin. Would have been cool for some of the smaller Orcs :lecture

well they spent that money with hot toys developing the smaller body and besides hobbits and dwarfs how are they going to make their money back? short round is one figure and how many zombie kids can they sell at $60-$70

with 5 or six variants a peice.... a ^^^^ ton!!!! :banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead:banghead

All it says is that 50 or so of us really favor it, the boards aren't used to gauge such things, SSC's even said so around here.

Ultimately, it was the pacing that killed it I think. When you've got your own Star Wars line rolling with a great pace, almost hard to keep up with at times, and Hot Toys and Medicom going fairly strong with their lines, you're competing for that $$$ and it seems like the biggest factor for 1/6 buyers is pace and fullness to the line/collection. LOTR was slow and isn't close to complete, 2 big negatives hurting it. Sure figures may sell out, but in the end, Sideshow's looking beyond just selling the figures. They have to decide if they want to open more production factories, bring on more employees, etc., and I'm guessing that while the line was successful by itself, it's success compared to other successes at Sideshow got them thinking it wasn't worth the resources.

don't come up with logical arguments. i could care less i just want my 12" lotr line!

yeah you're making great points and while i'm real upset that it is on hold i can't hold it against them when they are sitting on stock on two of the main characters in the franchise

I think the torso would be too big... sounded like the body could have longer or shorter limbs, but the trunk would stay the same size. So I would guess really tiny figures would need something more specific to make them work.

you're looking at about 3 (or longer) years until an announcement. ^^^^!!!!!!!

3 more ^^^^ing figures SideShow 3 More!!!!!!!

How do we know it will be that long? It might just be until they clear out all of the old figures. If something happened to get Sideshow to turn their focus back to the line, it might turn out ok. I want to know if they have any plans at least. Gandalf can't be the last.

If I was to predict anything, it would be that this will be the first line to come back from the dead - if any line needed a resurrection, it's this one!

And Sideshow upholds it's tradition of crapping out right in the middle of a line, leaving yet another group of fans frustrated and bitterly disappointed.

You're next, Indy.

Back